That Authoring Group request thread

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
We've started getting requests for bands all over the place here so I thought I'd try to contain it to one thread.

So if you have bands or artists you'd like us to look into then post it here.

Now keep in mind if they're on a major label like Warner, Sony, Universal, etc, then it just isn't going to happen. And requesting batpoop crazy things like Prince, Pink Floyd or Led Zep isn't going to happen either.

So if you have a favorite band that you'd like in the game that is either unsigned, on a smaller label, or was once on a bigger label and now is on a smaller (or vice versa and we can try to get their smaller label stuff), then post away and we'll see what we can do.

No promises on anything, but we'll give it a shot. And of course it keeps the requests from spilling into the new release threads or there getting to be 100 new threads created for requests :D

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4624384 said:
    We sure didn't. I can poke them again, or if you want to talk to them again and send them our way...either way works!

Well I know they've both been busy working on new music and EVOLOVE is on tour right now so maybe that's it. I'll give em a shout, but if you could too that would probably work even better.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Brave! Amazing prog band.

If iTunes is to be trusted, all of their albums are independently released, except their "greatest hits" album.

Upon further investigation, Laser's Edge Records has pretty much all my favorite prog bands. Specifically District 97, Haken, and Delain.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Could you try to get Wichita Records on board? I would buy pretty much buy everything from them, especially any Bloc Party songs.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2012
    some manilla road would be awesome :)

i just dont know what kind of label theyre at, and i can see a lot of people not liking the singers voice :)
  • edited January 2012
    Alright. I went through my music and found a few that might be on small enough labels for RBN.
    Coconut Records
    Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
    The Futureheads
    Yeasayer
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I second Cipher with Say Anything. Supposedly, Alive with the Glory of Love was pretty heavily requested a long while ago for RB around here.

But that song is probably the worst song I've heard from them so I won't even bother linking.

I'd really really want either Spidersong or Woe.

Another one I really want is Dragonette.

The song I want in particular is very No Doubt-ish if any of you like that sort of thing. Keys would rock on that. Same goes for a lot of their songs.

They have a couple stinkers on that album, but their one after that is pretty safe if you're checking them out.

And, finally, as I suggested in TAG's announcement thread, for Japanese stuff, it'd be cool to see some Katamari Damacy tracks.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Jack's Mannequin, who, according to Wikipedia, are associated with Maverick Records and Sire Records, both of whom are owned by Warner. Can't remember how well that works.

But if you CAN get them, Dark Blue was a pretty sizable hit, it was on One Tree Hill once.
  • TomAceTomAce Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    NUCLEAR RABBIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxidIIF1EBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guaVXknL-Sw

And come on....be the cool group that puts more Primus into the game!!
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Maximo Park (Girls Who Play Guitars was RB1 DLC) are on Warp Records. I tried asking them about it and they said they'd talk to Harmonix, but I haven't heard anything back since then.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    And to go with my suggestion on our forums, does anyone know the contact information for the rights holders if the Captain Planet theme song?
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    More Scale the Summit. I know you didn't do the first song, but RBN needs more by them and I don't care who does it.

Five Iron Frenzy and the Insyders would be nice also.
  • MithrasMithras Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    I know it says up there if they already have DLC don't request 'em but, Ballyhoo! hasnt had anything offered in a long time. I would love to see more tracks from them.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Mithras;4624543 said:
    I know it says up there if they already have DLC don't request 'em.

If its an artist or label we've previously worked with, then by all means request them, since it'll be more likely to happen.

as far as ballyhoo goes, I'd ask whoever worked with them before asking another company, since it would be a little rude of us to go asking former (or current) clients of other groups if they'd like to work with us.
  • edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4624579 said:
    If its an artist or label we've previously worked with, then by all means request them, since it'll be more likely to happen.

as far as ballyhoo goes, I'd ask whoever worked with them before asking another company, since it would be a little rude of us to go asking former (or current) clients of other groups if they'd like to work with us.
    How long until you would consider an authoring group dead? About 3(?) monthes ago a guy came into the monthly announcement thread and said he was going to start authoring songs and the first band hes working with will be Random Encounter. Ive been listening to them like crazy but unfortunately the guy never came back into the announcement threads and I'm staring to worry that the songs will never happen.

Sorry for the off topic post.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4624588 said:
    How long until you would consider an authoring group dead? About 3(?) monthes ago a guy came into the monthly announcement thread and said he was going to start authoring songs and the first band hes working with will be Random Encounter. Ive been listening to them like crazy but unfortunately the guy never came back into the announcement threads and I'm staring to worry that the songs will never happen.

Sorry for the off topic post.
    I've seen someone mention Random Encounter on the #RBN hashtag on Twitter quite a lot over the last couple of months. Assuming that's the guy who's authoring them then it would seem that deal isn't dead, just taking a while.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    The person authoring Random Encounter doesn't have the stems yet. It was a hard lesson, but he learned the very first thing you shouldn't do as an RBN author is publicly announce a band when you don't have the stems. :)

Also, that person isn't me. I just know stuff. :p
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2012
    AWOLNATION (Red Bull Records)
    Matt & Kim (Red Bull Records)
    Two Door Cinema Club (Glassnote Records [US])
    Mumford & Sons (Glassnote Records [US])
    The Temper Trap (Glassnote Records [US])
    Sleigh Bells (Mom+Pop Records)
    Metric (Last Gang)
    Death From Above 1979 (Last Gang)

Alright, there's a small sample of things I can suggest. HOP TO IT PLEASE
  • edited January 2012
    Oscarvarium;4624598 said:
    I've seen someone mention Random Encounter on the #RBN hashtag on Twitter quite a lot over the last couple of months. Assuming that's the guy who's authoring them then it would seem that deal isn't dead, just taking a while.
    Dogmatic2020;4624624 said:
    The person authoring Random Encounter doesn't have the stems yet. It was a hard lesson, but he learned the very first thing you shouldn't do as an RBN author is publicly announce a band when you don't have the stems. :)

Also, that person isn't me. I just know stuff. :p
    Thanks for the responses. I wont give up hope yet then.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I know, inevitably, someone will ask about They Might Be Giants. They're not interested at the moment due to the formatting costs.

Also, there is nothing preventing other authoring groups from sniping requests. :)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited January 2012
    As long as the stuff pulls through, then I'm personally a-ok! :D
    edited January 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4624638 said:
    Also, there is nothing preventing other authoring groups from sniping requests. :)

I don't care how it's done, just get it out there! I'm already Emailing the bands myself inquiring about whether they're interested in RBN in general before asking if they want to be represented by my company
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    I know, inevitably, someone will ask about They Might Be Giants. They're not interested at the moment due to the formatting costs.

No go right ahead.

We set this up as a general request form for the forum here. If you see something that piques your interest go for it.

Doesn't matter who gets it in the game as long as it gets here :D
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cu2lkuXNu4

Sorry for the poor quality it's the only version I could find.
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4624651 said:
    No go right ahead.

We set this up as a general request form for the forum here. If you see something that piques your interest go for it.

Doesn't matter who gets it in the game as long as it gets here :D

Quiet you.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    HeyRiles;4624625 said:

Matt & Kim (Red Bull Records)
    Two Door Cinema Club (Glassnote Records [US])
    Mumford & Sons (Glassnote Records [US])
    The Temper Trap (Glassnote Records [US])
    Sleigh Bells (Mom+Pop Records)
    Metric (Last Gang)

Yes. Yes please.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    HeyRiles;4624625 said:
    AWOLNATION (Red Bull Records)

Seconded. But mainly just for Sail. Their other stuff is just alright.
    edited January 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4624662 said:
    Seconded. But mainly just for Sail. Their other stuff is just alright.

Sure, okay, you can like the worst song on the album if you want to, I won't stop you!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    HeyRiles;4624625 said:
    Metric

Not interested. :(
    At least they were real polite about it though...
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    TubaDude49;4624683 said:
    Not interested. :(
    At least they were real polite about it though...

They emailed you back?
  • MithrasMithras Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    How would I find out who had previously authored the tracks by Ballyhoo!?
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    I'd love some Victory Records era Thursday and Taking Back Sunday. TBS at least had a few songs as DLC, but I would kill for some stuff of Thursday's Full Collapse. TBS from Tell All Your Friends would be fantastic.

Solo Mike Doughty would be even better than Soul Coughing. Try for "Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well" or "Unsingable Name."