Official Discussion Thread Week of 2/7 - Bush 3 Pack!

edited February 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4628535 said:
Hey gang,

Riding on the popularity of the early-'90s “alternative” movement, London rockers Bush found worldwide success with their strong 1994 debut, Sixteen Stone. The album produced five hit singles for the band, three of which – “Everything Zen,” “Comedown,” and “Machinehead” – will be available in the Rock Band Music Store as “Bush Pack 01” on February 7th!

A Pro Guitar and Pro Bass Upgrade will be available for “Machinehead,” the fifth and final single from the band’s multi-platinum debut.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™and PlayStation®3 system (February 7th, 2012):

• Bush – “Everything Zen”
• Bush – “Comedown”
• Bush – “Machinehead” O X

(These tracks should be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 8th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Bush Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
hmxhenry;4628536 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network songs released on the Xbox 360 on Thursday, 2/2/2012:

Metal

Anarchy Club - "Für Immer Verloren" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "Building the Towers (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "The System (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Winter Crescent - "Battle of Egos Intro" (80 MSP)

Prog

Rishloo - "Feathergun in the Garden of the Sun" (80 MSP)

Rock

Jonathan Coulton - "Good Morning Tucson" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 2/7/2012 (North America) and Wednesday, 2/8/2012 (Europe):

Jerry Naylor - "Real Wild Child" ($1.99) - Rock
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance" ($1.99) - Metal
an Unkindness - "Foundation" ($0.99) - Alternative
Chaotrope - "Diachylon" ($0.99) - Metal

Rainbowdragoneyes - "Heavy Weather - The Storm ov The Undead" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
As previously announced in the HMX Holiday Livestreamaganza! Discuss!

Comments

• jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    I was expecting Machinehead but Everything Zen is a sweet surprise!

Here's to hoping that this sells well and we'll see more Bush in the future!
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Ahh, neither of the two I wanted most, 'Swallowed' or 'Glycerine', but I'll probably pick up 'Comedown'.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited February 2012
    Y'know, I just listened to Machinehead, and aside from some sequencing at the end, I can't for the life of me hear any keys.

Not bad, but not exactly good either.

Also, I loled at this in the blog description: "riding on the success of the 90s grunge movement"

That's putting it lightly.

Message me if you want to play on Tuesday morning. Actually, don't.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Ha! I gotta find that punk on RockBandAide who gave me such attitude when I predicted that the new single wouldn't be in the three pack. Nice selection of tracks.

Edit: Machinehead was actually on my RB4 wishlist and I had it down as a key-less song. Since it does apparently have keys, I'll be interested to see where they are.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    dog037;4629395 said:
    I'm happy with the song choices. I thought Sound of Winter would be in it for sure.

Same here. And I'm glad it's not there (decent song, but not needed). Everything Zen is my favorite one from Sixteen Stone so YAY!
  • CrueHead871CrueHead871 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Love the picks HMX. Another band that I wouldn't want the job of narrowing down to 3 songs for the game. Hopefully it sells like hotcakes and we get another 3 pack in the future that would include "Little things that kill". Thanks HMX, DLC has been on a serious roll lately! Love this friggin game!!!!
  • xMyth19xxMyth19x Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Great song choices. Looking forward to Tuesday.
  • BobbyB0909BobbyB0909 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Yuck! Wake me next week when we hopefully get a great Valentine's Day pack...
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    I like this pack a lot, though I may be a dissenter in that I wanted "Sound of Winter" to be one of the songs. I think that's a surprisingly good song. But I'll be getting the whole pack.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited February 2012
    three very good songs, but none of them scream at me to buy them. This week is a skip.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I guess MachineHEAD was what Henry was referring to on twitter regarding being careful with the search terms. Unless he wasn't being a perv and meant the band Machine Head. 2 more to cross off the GH list.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Worldwide success? Maybe I'm missing something, but I never hear other Bush songs than Glycerine on the radio. I know the album was a success in the United States and maybe the UK, but in the rest of the world? Really?
  • rhanson79rhanson79 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Very happy about this pack, no let down songs for me.
    CloudWolf;4629415 said:
    Worldwide success? Maybe I'm missing something, but I never hear other Bush songs than Glycerine on the radio. I know the album was a success in the United States and maybe the UK, but in the rest of the world? Really?

You are obviously missing something.....
  • SukergodSukergod Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Zzzzzzzzzz

The only Bush song i would have to have it "Chemicals Between Us", which i would have been really stoked for :)

Maybe we will get another great Valentine's pack like last year. It was the 2nd best week of DLC we had in 2011. Make it happen again HMX!!!! :)
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited February 2012
    Didn't think I was getting any of it, but after listening to the songs they all were "Oh yeah, I remember that song" songs. So it looks like I'll pick up all three.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited February 2012
    I'm gonna get Machinehead.

Better than the rest.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    I'm glad that the Bush fans are happy. It isn't for me though. I want to be supportive but at the same time, I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about it every Friday anymore :)

Looking forward to the VDay pack. If it's as good as last year's, I'll be a happy camper. On with the show!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2012
    Awesome. I would have preferred Chemicals between us to Everything Zen, but this is still an awesome pack!
  • SupaThugPimpinSupaThugPimpin Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    I know HMX is from Boston, but when are we gonna be getting a celebrating Black History Month DLC, all up in here? Bush? Who the hell are they to be knowing bout the struggles of THE BLACK MAN?!

Black Peoples Month DLC:

C & C Music Factory: Here We Go (Let's Rock and Roll)
    Sunz of Man: Shining Star (feat. ODB, Earth Wind and Fire and Wyclef)
    Lynyrd Skynryd: That Smell
    Thin Lizzy: Emerald

Oh, and the Isley Brothers - Who's that Lady
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited February 2012
    Never heard of Bush until the announcement in the livestream.
    Glad for fans, though! :D
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    CloudWolf;4629415 said:
    Worldwide success? Maybe I'm missing something, but the only widely known Bush song I can think of is Glycerine. The only reason I even know about Comedown and Machinehead is because those were on Guitar Hero...

Yeah, you are missing something. 1994-1995 radio was ruled by the five singles from this album, not just Glycerine.

This is a great pack! I just wish it was a 5 pack so it could have included Little Things and Glycerine too. Maybe (Hopefully!!!!) they'll be in another pack someday with Swallowed, Greedy Fly, and Mouth.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Great pack.

We still need more 90's artists!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    No HMX DLC this week, but a number of RBN songs for me. Hooray for RBN! :D

Edit:
    The 90s were a time I didn't listen much to the radio, so I never really heard Bush much, and I've never actually heard any of these songs. A couple sounded decent, so they will go on the list of "buy when I have extra cash" list.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Ehhh bush! Nice choices, and probably the most obiovus ones. Comedown and Machinehead were quite fun on GHWOR, even if somehow easy.

I thought that "the sound of winter" would be included, but Everything Zen is a much better choice.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    fcmlefty;4629428 said:
    Yeah, you are missing something. 1994-1995 radio was ruled by the five singles from this album, not just Glycerine.
    I should say, I'm Dutch and I can honestly say the only Bush song I ever hear is Glycerine.
  • edited February 2012
    CloudWolf;4629415 said:

Just about all of their albums made the album top 50 in the Netherlands as well, so I'd say they sell well enough here. Everything Zen also made the single top 50, but like Glycerine, never got past the 40th spot or something, so they're definitely not a successful single band over here.

Their videos got a lot of airplay on MTV Europe back in the day, though.

Also, count me among those who can't really hear any keys/synth in Machine Head.
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    CrueHead871;4629407 said:
    Love the picks HMX. Another band that I wouldn't want the job of narrowing down to 3 songs for the game. Hopefully it sells like hotcakes and we get another 3 pack in the future that would include "Little things that kill". Thanks HMX, DLC has been on a serious roll lately! Love this friggin game!!!!

FYI, the song's title is just "Little Things." As a drummer, I was hoping for that one, too, just for the intro. Ah, well. Next pack.

I'll be buying all 3. I'm not a huge fan of the band but these songs take me back to my Junior year in high school when this album came out and I do like them. They should be fun.

Why am I not surprised that Lowlander2 has already registered a complaint?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    They sound like mediocre Nirvana/Pearl Jam clones to me, not as bad as Creed though.
  • EdwardooEdwardoo Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    oh crap, December was super totally awesome for me, but January is totally terrible for me, only songs that I liked were Creedence Clearwater and Sum 41, I hope february will be much better, when is the Valentine?