Live Music You've Seen in 2012

clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
edited February 2013 in History of Rock
A new concert thread for the new year, and now I've put it in the right sub-forum.

Mystlyfe has probably already gone to more concerts than the rest of us will for the whole year combined, so we should feel bad. I have a few tickets to upcoming shows, though.

Comments

• CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited February 2012
    Seeing Childish Gambino in March. really excited. One of the better live hip-hop acts out there.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited February 2012
    There are a number of upcoming concerts that I hope I get the opportunity to go to this year. Flipper and Onslaught are going to be near me next month. And then in April, the Buzzcocks and then later the Heritage Hunter Tour with Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost. Which is an awesome lineup and I already missed Ghost once this year, so I hope I get to see them this time.
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Gonna see The Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys in Calgary in May.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Tomorrow I get to see Coldplay because I won tickets from KROQ (I live in LA county), so I'm pretty stoked even if it's going to be a smaller concert since it's for Jimmy Kimmel's Oscar Special.

I'm also going to be seeing Young the Giant with Walk the Moon supporting in LA this Sunday, Airborne Toxic Event, Major Lazer, Mac Miller, and Chiddy Bang among others at UC Riverside next month, and Foster the People with Mayer Hawthorne supporting in LA at the end of June.
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited February 2012
    time between now and when guitar wolf comes to town is unbearabe.
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Verreaux;4636220 said:
    Tomorrow I get to see Coldplay because I won tickets from KROQ (I live in LA county), so I'm pretty stoked even if it's going to be a smaller concert since it's for Jimmy Kimmel's Oscar Special.

I'm also going to be seeing Young the Giant with Walk the Moon supporting in LA this Sunday, Airborne Toxic Event, Major Lazer, Mac Miller, and Chiddy Bang among others at UC Riverside next month, and Foster the People with Mayer Hawthorne supporting in LA at the end of June.

i'm so very jealous of you right now.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited February 2012
    Had to miss out on some pretty good shows, but I'm definitely going to be able to catch Andrew WK on March 9.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited February 2012
    Ultimatum;4657544 said:
    Had to miss out on some pretty good shows, but I'm definitely going to be able to catch Andrew WK on March 9.

Sounds like you, schiz, and I are going to be trading AWK stories in a little bit.
  • Sk8er4ever714Sk8er4ever714 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    So far this year I've seen Megadeth on Gigantour on January 28, Rise Against and A Day To Remember at Nassau Coliseum on February 3, and I'm gonna be seeing Enter Shikari on April 6 and Metallica at their Orion Music and More Fesitval on June 23-24. I also really wanna see blink-182 in May, but not sure if that's gonna happen.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited February 2012
    Sk8er4ever714;4658434 said:
    So far this year I've seen Megadeth on Gigantour on January 28, Rise Against and A Day To Remember at Nassau Coliseum on February 3, and I'm gonna be seeing Enter Shikari on April 6 and Metallica at their Orion Music and More Fesitval on June 23-24. I also really wanna see blink-182 in May, but not sure if that's gonna happen.

that sounds like a lot of money dude.

I'm seeing Ceremony, Chelsea Wolfe, Nails, Deafheaven, Whirr, Marriages, and Duke Nukem Forever next week.

so stoked.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Only one concert so far this year, The Darkness w/ Foxy Shazam opening. Great show!

Slow start to the year so far but it'll be picking up quickly from the looks of things. I've got a few coming up.

Van Halen w/ Kool & The Gang two shows
    Iron Maiden w/ Alice Cooper two shows
    Bruce Springsteen

Pretty pumped for all of them but especially Maiden with Cooper. Those two shows will be my 24th and 25th Maiden concert and with Cooper opening that'll bring that total to an even 30 :)
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Saw Mutemath in January, they blew up the planet, all other musicians playing this year realized they could not top the amazing show that happened that night.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Managed to catch Lights tonight. Holy crap, can she sing.
    I mean, I never doubted it before (I love her softer, almost whispery voice on her albums), but live she just belted everything out and showed a range not shown on her albums. Definitely impressive. If anybody out there get's a chance to catch her live show, you must!

I also managed to catch Protest the Hero back in January. Fourth time seeing them (second on a headlining tour), amazingly solid band live. And Rody's little stand up bits in between tracks are pretty funny.
    edited March 2012
    if you any of you guys have a chance to see Deafheaven do it.

amazing live band
    edited March 2012
    generalbane;4668902 said:
    Saw Mutemath in January, they blew up the planet, all other musicians playing this year realized they could not top the amazing show that happened that night.

Mutemath is a stunningly good live band. Nuff said, pretty much.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    Organizing a Lolla trip with friends. We'll see if it actually pans out.
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    I saw The Goddamn Gallows, Larry and His Flask and The Reverend Horton Heat on monday. True great show as the Reverend always brings. Larry and His Flask put on a good show. The Goddamn Gallows were good, in fact at the moment this is my favorite tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSbeovIW1ss ... I can't even say how cool it is, check it out. If any of these bands play near you, do yourself a favor and check them out. If you have never experienced a Reverend Horton Heat show, it's definitely in the top 5 I've ever seen. They have been on Conan and once had a guest spot on The Drew Carey Show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NPEyAn0jM Reverend Horton Heat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoNAfrdLxxA Larry and His Flask.
  • exup35exup35 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Rammstein
    couple of unsigned bands (probably be good enough for RBN) - M.A.S.K.S and The Nice Sharp Pencils
    saw KT Tunstall at end of 2011
    Enter Shikari
    edited March 2012
    I know most here don't have a positive view of the group, but I saw Odd Future tonight.

Earl is back. It was his first live show ever.
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    seeing both Grimes and Best Coast in a couple of months

hipster victory?
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2012
    I saw Dropkick Murphys in Boston (technically Lowell) on St. Paddy's. I've seen them several times over the years but never at one of their St. Paddy's Boston shows. It definitely lived up to the hype, including having Mickey Ward sparring during their song about him called The Fighter. That's one bucket list item checked off.
    edited March 2012
    Tenacious D July 6th. Detroit. **** yes.
    edited March 2012
    I get to see Japandroids in June!!!!
    edited April 2012
    Just got back from Andrew W.K. ****, it was so great.
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Lil B at the end of the month
  • kissesxxkissesxx Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Puscifer, Carina Round, PF Experience & RHCP in June.

I wanted to go to the St. Vincent show coming up later this month, but sadly I won't be able to as I've spent most of my monies on records.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2012
    so far I've seen Andrew WK, Math: The Band (opened for AWK), Kid Savant/Shiloh/Promise You Family, and just got back from Divine Right/The Ropes/Ceremony/Raw Nerve. Upcoming is Clutch, Refused, Xiu Xiu, Zappa Plays Zappa, Joe Bonamassa, and hopefully, Abnormality. Also going to try my damnedest to see Johnathan Richman at Millennium Park for free, but I'll more than likely have to work.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Non-locals Last year that I can remember off top of head:

Gypsyhawk x2
    The Sword
    Death Angel
    Vital Remains
    Toxic Holocaust
    Skeletonwitch x2
    Withered
    Saviours
    Sasquatch
    Royal Thunder
    Mondo Drag
    Cauldron
    Holy Grail
    Loudness
    Boris
    Belphegor
    Lo-Pan
    Wormrot
    Anal ****
    Bonded By Blood x2
    Neuraxis
    Keep of Kalessin
    Hate
    Opeth
    Katatonia

This year so far that I can remember:

Zoroaster
    Hail Hornet
    Vangough
    Havok
    Warbringer
    Ghoul
    Muncipal Waste
    Gwar

Tickets in hand for:

Ghost / Opeth / Mastodon
    Monstro / Kyng / Clutch
    Vital Remains
    Black Tusk / Municipal Waste
    Torche / Corrosion of Confomity
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Might get to see Japandroids this summer. Friends are also opening for Japanther.

I might also get a shot at playing a date for Warped Tour with my friends' band.