Get a song through Review in 4 weeks? Authors, HELP!

TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hello everybody!
Me and my Swedish classmates started a School-project in September 2011 which included to create a song and release it through Itunes, Spotify, Amazon, eMusic, Rock Band Network etc. The song will probably be finished tonight or later this week but here's the problem...

Our schedule was not the best and we are going to presentate everything in late Mars this year. Is there any author out there who wants to help us with this?

It's a Progresive Death Metal song with influences from bands such as: Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom, Dream Theater, Iwrestledabearonce and Infected Mushroom

The song is called Psychedelic and the story (lyrics) is about a Man who experience Magic Mushrooms the "good" way and the REALLY BAD WAY (Hell is awaiting) :rolleyes:

The song is about 8 minutes long and we have tabs, midi files and everything else to make it easier to author

Thanks

Comments

• machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    I hate to break it to you, but the odds of getting the song authored, playtested, and peer reviewed within a month are slim to none. Especially if the song is an 8 minute prog-metal epic.

I'd say most people reserve at least a month to author the song, and another month to put it through testing. That's a decent turnaround time. A lot of songs take longer than that.

If you have tabs and midi files, that does make it easier, and I'm not saying it can't be done. It's just a LOT to ask in that short of a time period.

However, if people can't get it through in a month, I'd say get an authoring group to at least get a first build of the song, and record a video of it, and present it as a work in progress. That's a lot more feasible, if a company can't build it and put it through testing in a month.
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    I know what you mean, But I know Rhythm Authors released songs 2 weeks after they started to work on them. So it can't be impossible?
  • RA-elxRA-elx Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    I can't think of a single song that we have put out within 2 weeks of receiving stems.
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    From Rhythm Authors webiste:

How long does it take to get a song into the game?

A lot of factors influence this including the musical complexity of the parts, length of the song, and the community review phase before it officially becomes available for purchase. In general it should take no longer than 2 weeks for us to complete a song's authoring tasks and submit it for peer review. Because this system is brand new, we can't yet predict how long the community peer review will last, but can guarantee positive reviews from a quality standpoint which should hopefully lead to a speedy approval.

My misstake about getting it released in 2 weeks, but a peer review chart woud be enough for the presentation. We can send the RBA file to an Xbox and show it from audition mode
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited February 2012
    TE09DB;4643698 said:
    Hello everybody!
    Me and my Swedish classmates started a School-project in September 2011 which included to create a song and release it through Itunes, Spotify, Amazon, eMusic, Rock Band Network etc.

Have you considered authoring it yourself and then finding a proxy to upload it to the RBN on your behalf? It's likely to be much less expensive than hiring an author for full charting.
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    I'm not good with reaper and none of us got Rock Band for Xbox 360 atm.
    Also, we have other things in school so I don't see how it woud be possible. Last year which mean alot of study for tests.

GigakoopsRBN said he wanted to give it a try a couple of weeks ago but I can't get in touch with him since his last internet activity is from January 20

EDIT: Ok, this question is probably stupid but is it possible to get you guys from Harmonix/Rock Band to do it and release it as Official DLC instead? I quess the answer is probably no.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    HMXLachesis;4643851 said:
    Have you considered authoring it yourself and then finding a proxy to upload it to the RBN on your behalf? It's likely to be much less expensive than hiring an author for full charting.
    While that's an option, if he's new to authoring (which I assume he is), and he needs it done ASAP, he'd be better off hiring people who have experience and can get a full track authored in just a couple weeks.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    TE09DB;4643948 said:

EDIT: Ok, this question is probably stupid but is it possible to get you guys from Harmonix/Rock Band to do it and release it as Official DLC instead? I quess the answer is probably no.

lets just say that if they did, i'd be very very surprised
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    jibjqrkl;4643975 said:
    lets just say that if they did, i'd be very very surprised

Include me. I got this Idea when I saw Black Veil Brides was announced as official DLC.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    If no one has offered yet, I could author it for you. Like everyone else said, it won't be released in time, but I could get it fully authored and have a preview gameplay video made that you could use to show what it would look like once released. I know it's not particularly what you had in mind, but it's better than nothing.

If you're interested, send me a message.
    edited February 2012
    TE09DB;4643948 said:
    I'm not good with reaper and none of us got Rock Band for Xbox 360 atm.
    Also, we have other things in school so I don't see how it woud be possible. Last year which mean alot of study for tests.
    Fair enough. I was just thinking about the cost involved - when I was in school, I couldn't have afforded to hire an authoring company. (At one point, an art class inspired me to send my parents a rather pathetic letter beginning: "Dear family, please send money. Failing that, please send white paint.")
    TE09DB;4643948 said:
    The answer is definitely no. Ignoring all other reasons for a moment, we couldn't meet your deadline.
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    AskariNari;4644047 said:
    If no one has offered yet, I could author it for you. Like everyone else said, it won't be released in time, but I could get it fully authored and have a preview gameplay video made that you could use to show what it would look like once released. I know it's not particularly what you had in mind, but it's better than nothing.

If you're interested, send me a message.

Interested! And yes, I do understand the situation. The finale mix/mastering will be done this wednesday, Then I'll send you the song. Sweet! And Thanks!
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    HMXLachesis;4644056 said:
    Fair enough. I was just thinking about the cost involved - when I was in school, I couldn't have afforded to hire an authoring company. (At one point, an art class inspired me to send my parents a rather pathetic letter beginning: "Dear family, please send money. Failing that, please send white paint.")

My enonomy is not good either, I'm a student and that explains pretty much everything. But Some authors take some % from the songs sales income, That's the way I roll. This is not the first time I bring music to Rock Band. I already have songs in the network. For example. Eternal Divine Angel Death and He's Our Savior.
    edited February 2012
    TE09DB;4644097 said:
    This is not the first time I bring music to Rock Band. I already have songs in the network. For example. Eternal Divine Angel Death and He's Our Savior.

Oh, OK, cool. I just didn't want you to be blindsided. Good luck!
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    HMXLachesis;4644206 said:
    Oh, OK, cool. I just didn't want you to be blindsided. Good luck!
    Thanks! :)
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited February 2012

(posted in the wrong place, sorry)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2012
    TE09DB;4644011 said:
    Include me. I got this Idea when I saw Black Veil Brides was announced as official DLC.

Umm BVB is actually a really popular band right now (Internet wise.. not really radio wise)

U guys aren't.

So that's why.
  • TheAnimeCowTheAnimeCow Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    >RBN
    >Assuming you can set any kind of timetable to a songs release

#ISHYDDT

Seriously though, throw out any notion you have of speed with RBN. The fastest I have ever seen a song move was I think Paul And Storm - Nugget Man, and that's because RA, one of the biggest company's on the network, made it top priority to get it out before PAX Prime, and it still took them months to track it and release it.

Also, size matters in RBN. If a big artist wants a song out fast, then authoring groups will bend over backwards to get it done, within reasonable constraints. Some dude with a nine minute prog song that wont sell more than 400 copy's isn't exactly the kind of star power that causes that type of reaction. I'm not saying your sales are gonna be low out of spite or anything, but I'm just being realistic. The average unknown band never breaks the 400 barrier these days, with rhythm games the way they are. Anyone who asks to author your songs will most likely be a small idependant author, with not many resources at their disposal, thus it will take time to get songs out that way.
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Dangimarocker;4646824 said:
    Umm BVB is actually a really popular band right now (Internet wise.. not really radio wise)

U guys aren't.

So that's why.

Ok Sherlock
    TheAnimeCow;4647595 said:
    >RBN
    >Assuming you can set any kind of timetable to a songs release

#ISHYDDT

Seriously though, throw out any notion you have of speed with RBN. The fastest I have ever seen a song move was I think Paul And Storm - Nugget Man, and that's because RA, one of the biggest company's on the network, made it top priority to get it out before PAX Prime, and it still took them months to track it and release it.

Also, size matters in RBN. If a big artist wants a song out fast, then authoring groups will bend over backwards to get it done, within reasonable constraints. Some dude with a nine minute prog song that wont sell more than 400 copy's isn't exactly the kind of star power that causes that type of reaction. I'm not saying your sales are gonna be low out of spite or anything, but I'm just being realistic. The average unknown band never breaks the 400 barrier these days, with rhythm games the way they are. Anyone who asks to author your songs will most likely be a small idependant author, with not many resources at their disposal, thus it will take time to get songs out that way.
    k
  • hokiemanhokieman Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    The only way i see a song releasing in 4 weeks is that the song is really song and simple, like around a min long. Even then the edit and review part takes a lot of time as it is
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2012
    TE09DB;4649862 said:
    Ok Sherlock

Great attitude, you just lost a potential sale. I was stating facts kiddo.
  • TE09DBTE09DB Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Dangimarocker;4651084 said:
    Great attitude, you just lost a potential sale. I was stating facts kiddo.

I already knew that BVB is a big band, and I already knew we are unfamous (We are just some random guys from sweden with a school project). It was a simple question to the Rock Band makers and as I said before i guessed the answer was a big no. I'm not stupid and your replay did sound more like a big punch to our faces then fact stating.