I contacted a band that would love to be in Rock Band

GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I found a band called Ashes Forever and they would love to be in Rock Band and I was wondering if someone would take them up on their offer. They love Rock Band and I asked them and they said just tell us what they need to do. They aren't signed either. I found them on BandCamp then on Facebook.

Little info about them: They are a Post Metal band and it consists of 2 members. A lead vocalist and lead guitarist and a drummer.

Link to Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AshesForeverBand?sk=info
Link to BandCamp:http://ashesforever.bandcamp.com

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Was this picked with Giraffes Giraffes in mind? :P I just ask because it seems like it'd be very similar in terms of effort to get in game, but it'd probably be just as awesome (speaking of Her Repressed Memories here; which could work, seems like there's just enough static to cut it down under 10 minutes).

I kinda wanna go for it but we're really busy and I wanna let someone else experience the horror of trying to author a song so monstrous.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4650942 said:
    Was this picked with Giraffes Giraffes in mind? :P I just ask because it seems like it'd be very similar in terms of effort to get in game, but it'd probably be just as awesome (speaking of Her Repressed Memories here; which could work, seems like there's just enough static to cut it down under 10 minutes).

I kinda wanna go for it but we're really busy and I wanna let someone else experience the horror of trying to author a song so monstrous.

It's kinda related but they seems really into the idea. They have album before that song but they were called something else that is a little more colorful in name. It would be a challenge due to length and potential complexity at parts of the song (Drums, I'm looking at you).
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2012
    Holy cow those drums sound fun for those who love metal!
    Just not a fan of the actual music, but i MIGHT consider getting that!
    *The guitars sound was a turn off too*
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2012
    A coworker of mine has a band that would love to be in RB (he has the stems and everything). He just needs to find folks to contact. Mostly a hard rock act, sounded like it would fit in pretty well.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Bront20;4651164 said:
    A coworker of mine has a band that would love to be in RB (he has the stems and everything). He just needs to find folks to contact. Mostly a hard rock act, sounded like it would fit in pretty well.

you could link him to websites of some of the popular authoring groups so he could 'shop around' and pick one. everyone has easily accessible contact information.

just to make it easier for him
    edited February 2012
    Zemanator;4651172 said:
    you could link him to websites of some of the popular authoring groups so he could 'shop around' and pick one. everyone has easily accessible contact information.

just to make it easier for him
    if that wasn't woefully out of date, I might have.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Bront20;4652100 said:
    if that wasn't woefully out of date, I might have.

Well, you can direct him to authoring groups that are definitely still active (Rockgamer, Rhythmauthors, Fairwood, TAG, Chart Toppers, ASP, etc), or you could send him to the creators site (creators.rockband.com) and he could try to find an authoring group through the forums there.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited February 2012
    I suggest http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Authoring_Groups as a good resource for finding the websites, etc. for various authoring groups. It's community-written, though, not driven by Harmonix, so use with a grain of salt.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Quazifuji;4652148 said:
    Well, you can direct him to authoring groups that are definitely still active (Rockgamer, Rhythmauthors, Fairwood, TAG, Chart Toppers, ASP, etc), or you could send him to the creators site (creators.rockband.com) and he could try to find an authoring group through the forums there.

This list is more up to date than the list posted here. There's a couple inactive groups in the Active list (which I'll probably dig through and move over if I find time later this week) but for the most part all the authoring groups listed there are active and it lists contact info for all. (EDIT: Harmonix has unleashed the ninjas!)

As for Ashes Forever, that's definitely an interesting song. I'm very tempted to take that one on, though I know with the length and complexity it won't be a quick job. I've worked on SNMT stuff though, so I don't think this'd be too much of a challenge, at least compared to those.
    edited February 2012
    Arcanon;4652293 said:
    This list is more up to date than the list posted here. There's a couple inactive groups in the Active list (which I'll probably dig through and move over if I find time later this week) but for the most part all the authoring groups listed there are active and it lists contact info for all. (EDIT: Harmonix has unleashed the ninjas!)

As for Ashes Forever, that's definitely an interesting song. I'm very tempted to take that one on, though I know with the length and complexity it won't be a quick job. I've worked on SNMT stuff though, so I don't think this'd be too much of a challenge, at least compared to those.

If you can, that would be great. Like Fairwood said, there is enough static and a drawn out ending to make it under the 10 minute length.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2012
    Yeah there's only 10 active authoring groups from that list now.

AGLSolutions
    Alt-Strum Productions
    Chart Toppers Authoring
    Fairwood Studios
    Offbeat Entertainment
    Ozone Entertainmennt
    Rhythm Authors LLC
    RockGamer Studios
    That Authoring Group
    TriumphantBass Productions
    edited February 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4652870 said:
    Yeah there's only 10 active authoring groups from that list now.

AGLSolutions
    Alt-Strum Productions
    Chart Toppers Authoring
    Fairwood Studios
    Offbeat Entertainment
    Ozone Entertainmennt
    Rhythm Authors LLC
    RockGamer Studios
    That Authoring Group
    TriumphantBass Productions
    Maybe time for a new, more accurate one?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2012
    Yeah. I think a few other solo guys have since popped up like Pksage, but there's at least five groups on that active list that are no longer active.
    edited February 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4652933 said:
    Yeah. I think a few other solo guys have since popped up like Pksage, but there's at least five groups on that active list that are no longer active.

Kariocharts and Gigakoops come to mind for newer ones
    edited February 2012
    GameMaster439;4654139 said:
    Kariocharts and Gigakoops come to mind for newer ones

Kario is gone already. Is Gigakoops gone too?
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited February 2012
    No, his computer was just down for a month. He's definitely still around and probably still doing RBN.
    edited February 2012
    Bront20;4657558 said:
    Kario is gone already. Is Gigakoops gone too?

I didn't know that
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited February 2012
    Lowlander2;4657589 said:
    No, his computer was just down for a month. He's definitely still around and probably still doing RBN.

Yes, still pumping in for the RBN. I'm about done with a few more songs, actually, so stay tuned for announcements.

And I would probably be offended by the fact that I'm not on the Authoring Group page, since I've been for hire for pretty much any kind of music, but I think after the next few artists I'm working with, I think I may join TAG full-time, and only release my own songs as a solo author.
    edited February 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4658257 said:
    And I would probably be offended by the fact that I'm not on the Authoring Group page, since I've been for hire for pretty much any kind of music

The wiki is editable. The authors put themselves on the page.
    edited February 2012
    Arcanon;4658286 said:
    The wiki is editable. The authors put themselves on the page.

Oh. Well then why wasn't I in TAG's author list?
    edited February 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4658300 said:
    Oh. Well then why wasn't I in TAG's author list?

He listed active authors that were listed on the Docs page Lachesis and I linked. You didn't have a wiki entry.
    edited February 2012
    Arcanon;4658316 said:
    He listed active authors that were listed on the Docs page Lachesis and I linked. You didn't have a wiki entry.

Oh. Well it's too late for me to enter now, but I should have entered it earlier.