Couldn't Remember...

DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Is Universal Music group a no? I couldn't remember. Just wondering, might try contacting Steel Panther (obviously there'd be a lot of censored words LOL)

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2012
    Most of the "big" studios are a no, but it can't hurt to try.

But I think they'd say no just on the censorship principal.
  • primusumirpprimusumirp Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Black Veil Brides is the only Universal Music's RBN artist that I know of. I'm not sure if their songs released on RBN were on different label though.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    primusumirp;4651165 said:
    Black Veil Brides is the only Universal Music's RBN artist that I know of. I'm not sure if their songs released on RBN were on different label though.

the BVB songs on the RBN were from standby, not universal.

IIRC, the only song currently on the RBN thats on universal is "hold me in your arms" by the trews, but thats because they're canadian and universal owns the US rights, and the canadian label wanted them in the game, and there was a clause in their contracted that prevented universal from saying no... or something like that.

as it stands, universal is probably the least likely label to get involved with the RBN, along with the other big 3
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2012
    ^ this.

Universal, Sony, Warner, and their satellite labels are pretty much a no go.

Emi was part of the big four, but they're being absorbed into Universal, so now it's pretty much the big three.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4651189 said:
    ^ this.

Universal, Sony, Warner, and their satellite labels are pretty much a no go.

Emi was part of the big four, but they're being absorbed into Universal, so now it's pretty much the big three.

Thanks guys, couldn't remember. :)