Metal Mayhem at The Ranch to benefit Child's Play May 26, 2012

HeroGearHeroGear Unsigned
edited May 2012 in Rock Band Events
Come out to play or just watch as HeroGear and DFW Bar Nights hosts Metal Mayhem, a Child's Play event at The Ranch. This event will feature 32 bands, performing on the stage at The Ranch in Arlington (formally known as Fantasy Ranch, the most notorious strip joint in North Texas, where many a rock star visited when on tour back in the day) with all proceeds going to Child's Play. Check the website for more details.

http://www.herogear.net/MetalMayhem.html

We are also holding Rock Band at The Ranch every Thursday night from 8pm till whenever they run us out, this is a great way to meet other people to form a band for the main event, or just hang out drink and play some Rock Band!

Update!

Due to a date conflict with a nationally touring band, we are moving Metal Mayhem to Saturday May 26th. This will give everyone more time to put a band together. We are not holding practice events at this time, but are looking for a smaller club near by so stay tuned for more info.

Comments

• HeroGearHeroGear Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Just found out we will NOT be starting the Rock Band at the Ranch weekly events till next week 3-1-2012.
    edited February 2012
    Due to the size of The Ranch I can't afford what they want to hold weekly practice events there. I am currently looking for a smaller bar nearby at least until we start getting a bigger weekly crowd.
    RR.
    edited March 2012
    I will open registration for bands and advance VIP packages this Sunday March 18. The first 32 bands who pay the initial $100 entry fee get in, and bands are encouraged to raise more money to get more cool stuff like custom band event shirts and a 2'x4' custom banner for your band. The top two money raisers will each get a 30 minute set as the dual headliners of the show! Good luck to all and let's raise some serious money to help out Child's Play!

I also have an unconfirmed rumor that Elvis himself may come out of hiding to hang with us!
    edited March 2012
    Band entry and advance VIP sales are now open, go to the website to make sure you don't miss out on this major event.
    edited March 2012
    I just got an email response I was waiting on. I can now officially announce that we have Harmonix's support for this event! More details to follow!
    edited April 2012
    Now that Harmonix has offered to give us lots of swag to give away, I am adding some contests both for the bands and the audience as well. So far I have come up with 2 contests

Best band rider-(voted by the audience) Van Halen's brown M&M's one is the classic, what can you come up with? (must either bring the item, or a poster of it or something) may even break it down into catagories.

Hottist groupie- (voted by the bands) you're welcome.

Can anyone think of something else we can add? looking for more ideas.
    edited April 2012
    Metal Mayhem is now just a month away, bands are beginning to get their initial $100 in to secure a spot in the show, make sure and get yours in before all the spots are gone. I'm currently waiting on my shipment of stuff from Harmonix to see what additional contests we will be holding, don't wait too long!

Also, for those that can't make the trip, we will be live streaming the event here:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/metalmayhem

Pictures, and other event info can be found at our Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/HeroGear/112285158853006

and videos from the Mobile Mayhem rig (which will be set up out front as you come in)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HeroGearNet

hope to see everyone soon!

RR
    edited May 2012
    Got our big box o' swag today! Still working on some special stuff as well. Bands are starting to sign up, make sure and get your band signed up right away. Songs are first come first serve, so make sure and don't miss out!
    edited May 2012
    Rock Gear is now onboard, and sending us some of their awesome LED lights to give away. Also, rumor has it that The King may come out of hiding to oversee the event, pose for pictures, and maybe sing a song or two. If you are planning to enter a band in the show, you need to contact me ASAP. We can wait till you arrive at the event to turn in your donations, but to insure you have a spot and to make sure we have the song you want we need to hear from you now. We will not be downloading tracks the day of the event.

RR
  • edited May 2012
    Sounds like this is shaping up to be one of the crazier RB events we've seen! Can't wait to see how it all goes down.
    edited May 2012
    It's coming up short on bands (don't know if I'm just not reaching enough people or everyone is chicken to get up on stage), so we're changing into more of a jam session style. The bands that have raised funds will get to play a couple songs as their bands, then we're going to mix people together like an old school jam. Expecting alot of people at the show, so if you're brave enough to get up and jam with us come on. You better be ready to rock, anyone requesting a stool to set on or complains about lag will be stage diving whether they like to or not