BandFuse: Rock Legends - Another real guitar game featuring Slash - Real tabs

SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
edited December 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219209p1.html

BandFuse: Rock Legends Brings Slash Back to Gaming
Plus songs from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Coldplay, Maroon 5 and more.

February 22, 2012

BandFuse: Rock Legends, the newest music game to interact with real instruments, is headed to Xbox 360.

The game will use real guitars and microphones and feature legitimate guitar tablature instead of the note highways seen in most recent music games. Players will be guided by rock legends including Slash from Guns N' Roses and more.

According to a press release, "a unique interface using animated tablature will simplify music for beginners, showing them where to put their fingers and when to hit the strings. Experienced guitarists will be challenged to master solos and advanced techniques, playing along with songs exactly as recorded by the original artists."

The game will be playable with any guitar using an included adaptor and will be able to apply effects like distortion and reverb. It will include songs from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Slash, Maroon 5, Coldplay, Five Finger Death Punch and more, plus a full career mode. A Total Song Control option will allow players to "slow down songs to hear every nuance or loop your favorite segments as you jam along."

BandFuse: Rock Legends is set to be released on Xbox 360 later this year.

IGN Game Page: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/129/129106.html

BandFuse: Rock Legends provides a pick up and play experience. Whether you have never held a guitar before, or you are already playing in a band, BandFuse will have you rockin' with your favorite songs in minutes. BandFuse connects real guitars and microphones to your game console unleashing a full band experience for players of all skill levels.

A unique interface using animated tablature will simplify music for beginners, showing them where to put their fingers and when to hit the strings. Experienced guitarists will be challenged to master solos and advanced techniques, playing along with songs exactly as recorded by the original artists. A cast of the world’s most famous rock legends including Slash from the iconic rock band Guns N’ Roses, will guide the player at every step – providing the foundation for a lifetime of music.

Genre: Music
Publisher: Mastiff
Developer: Realta Entertainment Group

Comments

• Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited February 2012
    Sounds to me like this game will just be taking GuitarPro and making it into a video game.
  • edited February 2012
    Hm, its called "Band" Fuse. I wonder if that means drums or even keys could be included. My guess is no. The article only says guitar and vocals. Oh well, until I can play my mustang I wont be giving any other games a try. But if it had keys I would go preorder it now.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    what has the developer worked on? their site says nothing
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited February 2012
    reads like a PR
    edited February 2012
    joystick has screen shots

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/22/bandfuse-rock-legends-attempts-a-music-game-with-real-guitars/

looks a bit cheap so far

like when rocksmith came out, they totally disregard rockband as plastic controlled game. if it truly is lag free then i think that's the only thing it'll have ahead of rocksmith.

and a video interview with slash

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/slash-talks-bandfuse-and-the-best-piece-of-guitar-advice-he-ever-got/9910206

my guess is that neither rocksmith nor rockband will be seeing any slash dlc for a long time. not that i care, i was never a fan.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I wouldn't pick this up even if it were better than RB because RB does everything I'll ever want from a music game.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited February 2012
    The logo is slightly reminiscent of Rock Band's.

I like how they're using the real music videos as backgrounds.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited February 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4653220 said:
    The logo is slightly reminiscent of Rock Band's.

I like how they're using the real music videos as backgrounds.

That's distracting as heck!
    edited February 2012
    here's an interesting quote

-A refugee from Rocksmith who now works with Realta told us, “We’re getting feedback we’ve never had before. On Rocksmith, we were looking up guitar tabs on the internet. With Bandfuse, we hire a team of professional transcriptionists and guitar teachers to obsess over it.”

what would make a new guitar game an instabuy for me would be if it wasn't genrecentric. i'd like to see some folk, classical, spanish and jazz guitars in a game - even mexican polka for gods sake. i know it's a long shot for rockband because they include 4 instruments but for a guitar only based game, Rock seems so limiting.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited February 2012
    topdrawer;4653235 said:
    here's an interesting quote

-A refugee from Rocksmith who now works with Realta told us, "We're getting feedback we've never had before. On Rocksmith, we were looking up guitar tabs on the internet..."

That is interesting. Harmonix has mentioned before that one of the reasons they don't use available tablature is because that would be one more thing they'd have to seek permission for and possibly have to pay to license.

Hopefully Rocksmith actually went through the proper channels for whatever existing tablature they used, otherwise they could get sued.
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I'll wait for reviews on this one. Right now, I'm perfectly happy with Rocksmith.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Scythemaster 37;4653218 said:
    I wouldn't pick this up even if it were better than RB because RB3 does everything I'll ever want from a music game.

Fixed :)

I'll definitely be picking it up, have they announced the price?
  • edited February 2012
    Hm, correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think ive seen it say anywhere that you can use your own guitar.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Good point. I don't think they've made any indication that it will work with "any" guitar. If it doesn't work with any guitar that has a pickup, they better have a good explanation for it such as proprietary tech that's used to improve scoring, etc.
    edited February 2012
    it does work with any guitar with a 1/4 inch jack just like rocksmith.

here is a hands-on. it used a usb adapter.

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/02/22/bandfuse-rock-legends-hands-on/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bandfuse-rock-legends-hands-on
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    This is blasphemy in the highest :(
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited February 2012
    Looks like Sing Star with guitar tabs thrown in. I predict failure.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    BohemianMatt;4653694 said:
    Looks like Sing Star with guitar tabs thrown in. I predict failure.

Boo

SingStar actually has a pretty nice interface
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited February 2012
    I'd be interested in this game if it had some classic GnR in it, but I'm guessing not.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    It did kind of remind me of SingStar, which isn't necessarily bad. Having backing tracks instead of just the generic album version of songs, and music video backgrounds are two very interesting differences from Rocksmith. Seeing how popular the pitch detection logic is getting, I hope that means RB4 is more likely to do something similar, because I don't think any other real guitar game will ever be able to catch up to the size of the pro guitar catalog.
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    If it has bass support ill buy it. Been waiting forever for rocksmith to give a timetime of when they might do it.
  • edited February 2012
    Very interesting.

I dont really care how simple it looks as long as it works well.

"Partnered with Fender" Very interesting.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited February 2012
    toymachineSH;4654059 said:
    Yup, just like I thought. Looks like a fancier, more colorful GuitarPro...

At least it'll be much easier to read for guitarists since it's a scrolling tab which many guitarists are already very familiar with. RB's vertical highway tab just confuses me.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    The article that IGN had nearly gushed like a love letter.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Why are these newer music games coming out try to sound like they invented something new... Meh... I'll pass.
    edited June 2012

BANDFUSE: ROCK LEGENDS REVEALS ADDITIONS OF ICONIC GUITARISTS ZAKK WYLDE AND NANCY WILSON DURING THE 2012 ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO

Also Showcasing New Tracks from Heart, The Clash, Social Distortion, All American Rejects, Alanis Morissette, The Stray Cats and Yes During E3

LOS ANGELES, ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO – June 5, 2012 – Realta Entertainment revealed today the additions of legendary Artists Zakk Wylde and Nancy Wilson to the roster of “Rock Legends” for the upcoming videogame music title, BandFuse: Rock Legends. These artists join Slash, the iconic Grammy-winning musician and former lead guitarist of Guns N’ Roses, who serves as the games master guitar instructor. Jason Hook and Zoltan Bathory from the band Five Finger Death Punch will help players navigate through game features. Multiple songs have also been added to the game’s roster. BandFuse: Rock Legends will be coming to game consoles early in 2013.

BandFuse: Rock Legends seamlessly connects real guitars, basses and microphones to game consoles, empowering players to jam to a huge selection of hits in a fun game environment. Players of all skill levels can tap into the rock experience by using the unique BandFuse: Rock Legends animated tablature (tabs) interface, which simplifies the learning process for novice musicians while allowing advanced musicians to perform songs as the artists intended.

Renowned musician Zakk Wylde will mentor players in the game’s career mode. He has spent much of his career as the lead guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne, and is the founder of heavy metal band Black Label Society. In 2006, Zakk was recognized at the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame, featuring his handprints and signature, for his successful career as a musician and his contribution to the music industry. Nancy Wilson is a multitalented artist who will also mentor players though various career levels. She is a core member of the super group Heart that has sold more than 30-million records worldwide and had Top 10 albums on the Billboard Album Chart in the 1970′s, 80′s, 90′s, and most recently 2010. Heart is among the most commercially enduring Hard Rock bands in history. These notable musicians will inspire gamers as they master some of the most recognizable rock songs of all time.

BandFuse: Rock Legends features a massive, genre-spanning set list from today’s modern and classic rock ‘n’ roll artists, including these twelve newly revealed tracks:

“You Oughta Know” (Alanis Morissette)
    “Jessica” (The Allman Brothers Band)
    “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” (Fallout Boy)
    “Hemorrhage” (Fuel)
    “Barracuda” (Heart)
    “Drive” (Incubus)
    “I’m Broken” (Pantera)
    “Jessie’s Girl” (Rick Springfield)
    “Limelight” (Rush)
    “Should I Stay or Should I Go” (The Clash)
    “Stellar Revival” (The Crazy Ones)
    “Roundabout” (Yes)
    http://theherofeed.com/4270/bandfuse-reveals-more-songs-and-musician-appearances/
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    What was the kickstarter for?
    edited June 2012
    moar money