Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 2/28 - Huey Lewis & the News 3 Pack!

edited March 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4653061 said:
Hey gang,

With nearly 20 top-ten singles under their belt, San Francisco-based rock & rollers Huey Lewis and the News’ remarkable career has spanned more than 30 years. The band made their Rock Band debut with “The Power of Love” on the Rock Band 3 disc, and now three more of the group’s hits are headed to the Music Store on February 28th.

“Do You Believe in Love,” from 1982’s Picture This, and the band’s first top ten hit, kicks off the three pack. “The Heart of Rock & Roll” and “I Want a New Drug” – both from their platinum-selling third record, 1983’s Sports – round out this collection of chart-topping hits. All songs will feature support for keyboards, with a Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade available for “I Want a New Drug.”

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (February 28th, 2012):

* Huey Lewis and the News – “Do You Believe in Love” O
* Huey Lewis and the News – “The Heart of Rock & Roll” O
* Huey Lewis and the News – “I Want a New Drug” X O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 29th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Huey Lewis and the News Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
hmxhenry;4653172 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit on Thursday, 2/23/2012:

Latin

Leche de Tigre - "Desconocido" (80 MSP)

Metal

Anarchy Club - "Built to Grind" (160 MSP)
Forbidden - "Omega Wave" (160 MSP)
Strikken - "Ashes" (80 MSP)
Strikken - "Ashes (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

EA - "Calling to Dance" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Maríafer - "Por Nada" (80 MSP)

Punk

The Duel - "What Do You Do When the Money Runs Out" (160 MSP)
Spassm - "Ghost of Fallen Pluto (Instrumental)" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska

MC Lars feat. MC Bat Commander and Suburban Legends - "This Gigantic Robot Kills" (160 MSP)

Rock

Jerry Naylor - "Not Fade Away" (160 MSP)
Valor & Vengeance - "Over & Over" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 2/28/2012 (North America) and Wednesday, 2/29/2012 (Europe):

Otep - "Fists Fall" ($1.99) - Metal
Psychostick - "BEER!!" ($1.99) - Metal
dB soundworks - "Can 'o Salt (Remix)" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rishloo - "Diamond Eyes" ($0.99) - Prog
Drugstore Fanatics - "Bullet" ($0.99) - Alternative

Good news, everyone!

Comments

• Mr7r3vMr7r3v Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Ugh Heart of Rock & Roll. Good job ruining the pack. Will not buy now.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    No Hip To Be Square? No Back In Time?

I knew looking too forward to this pack was a mistake.

But still buying hard.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Nice choices. Sad not to see Heart and Soul :( Stil will download whole thing though. Thx again HMX!
  • EdwardooEdwardoo Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Now I really lost hope for good DLC, damn, Megadeth was ok but, oh my, December was last month that was good for DLC, why didnt you released Back In Time! Power of Love from Back to the Future is already on RB3, so you should release Back In Time too! DAMN YOUUU, but still you are great harmonix
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Awesome. Would have loved Heart and Soul, but you basically can't go wrong with Huey. Rad!

Also, I should note that this pack is coming out the same week Huey Lewis & The News are playing a free show here in Orlando, so it is an Huey-filled week for me. \m/
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Well, the one positive is that it's out of the way.
  • edited February 2012
    Mr7r3v;4654767 said:
    Ugh Heart of Rock & Roll. Good job ruining the pack. Will not buy now.

You do know you can buy songs separately too, right?
    azzaman333;4654773 said:
    Well, the one positive is that it's out of the way.

That's what she said.
  • Shadowdriverv2Shadowdriverv2 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Thank you HMX, for overlooking Hip to be Square. Would have preferred If This Is It over Heart of Rock & Roll, but I won't complain too much.

Awesomesauce.
  • PurplestratPurplestrat Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Glad thats out of the way.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    consider it boughten!

i'm not sure if i ever predicted which 3 huey tracks we'd get in any of the numerous prediction threads, but this is pretty much exactly the 3 songs i was expecting. but huey really needs a bigger pack to do him justice. so hopefully we've got a few more huey packs on the way.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited February 2012
    Well, we're getting I Want A New Drug with Pro. That was all I could really want. The rest will be bonuses, frankly.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Good for Huey Lewis fans. I'll have to give the songs a listen to refresh my memory, but I'll definitely be picking up BEER!
  • XusderXusder Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Bought. Instantaneously. Seriously. Getting points now!
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Der_Lex;4654774 said:
    That's what she said.

Not sure if good or bad.
  • thegoochethegooche Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Looking forward to the whole shebang. It's a bit disappointing to see only 3-4 songs coming weekly. Better than nothing, but I'm spoiled from the old days of massive DLC releases.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Bulzeeb;4654781 said:
    Good for Huey Lewis fans. I'll have to give the songs a listen to refresh my memory, but I'll definitely be picking up BEER!

BEER! really was the hidden gem this week. So pleasantly surprised to find that this week.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Decent picks, they should have gotten a sixpack at least though :/
  • MadlmanMadlman Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Good song choices...with such positive response and anticipation, I'm sure we'll see A LOT more Huey down the road like Jacob's Ladder, Workin' for a Livin' and all the other amazing songs Huey has made!

THANKS HMX!!!!!!!
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Is it bad that, whenever I try to think of the lyrics to "I Want A New Drug", I keep thinking of the lyrics to "I Want A New Duck"?

"I Want A New Duck...
    Not a quail or an owl...
    one that won't float too much
    One that won't... smell too foul..."

I'm sure I'm off on that third line... it's been a long time.
  • Mr7r3vMr7r3v Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    Der_Lex;4654774 said:
    You do know you can buy songs separately too, right?

I never cherry pick from packs.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    probably gonna pass on this one, way to ruin my b-day HMX ;_;

nah joking =)
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Great pack. Glad to see New Drug and Heart of Rock and Roll. Looking forward to next week. Thanks!
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    I'll get it. I'm hoping for a second pack eventually with more of my favorites, but this will tide me over.

I think the hidden gem this week is actually Jerry Naylor - Not Fade Away. It might be the closest we get to a Rolling Stones track for quite a while, if ever. Surprised to see it on the list and my eyes lit up!

Also, my biggest concern: What the deviled eggs are we gonna predict next week??
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    I want New Drug and Rock and Roll...so I'll just pickup the pack.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    Kemiroch;4654798 said:

Also, my biggest concern: What the deviled eggs are we gonna predict next week??

muse and a7x
  • edited February 2012
    Mr7r3v;4654793 said:
    I never cherry pick from packs.

So if a pack has two or more songs you like, and one you don't like, you'll pass on it altogether instead of just picking up the stuff you like (or, if it's cheaper because it's a big pack, getting the pack and one-starring the bad song)?

Whatever floats your boat, but that seems a bit, I don't know, obsessive-compulsive to me.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited February 2012
    Here comes another week of FIRST IMPRESSIONS! Awesomeness :D
    Kinda bummed about no Hip To Be Square, but whatevs! Here goes...
    Huey Lewis And The News Pack 01 First Impressions:

Do You Believe In Love starts off the pack! Starts off ok, the feel is pretty light which is unfortunate because I was hoping of some jamming to start the pack.
    The keys are pretty cool, but I really don't like his voice in this one. That says a lot, because I like the dude's voice. And the harmonies are kinda ehhhhh.
    And the chorus... Hey, I know this song! Yeah, I'm not into this at all. The vocals, although they fit the song, just don't sit right with me and none of the instruments come off as interesting.
    It's kind of like a worse version of Alone by Heart, because I feel that that song also has the same problems as this one. And now a horn solo. It's a nice change of pace, but it's too short and doesn't vary enough for my liking.
    Alrighty, I guess it's time for the next song!

The HEART of Rock & Roll is next leading off the pack with the coolest name.
    Starts off nice and exciting. Oh hey, I know this song. It's nice. It has an interesting feel to it, and I like the bass because it sounds super cool. The chorus is also interesting and the instruments come off as infinitly times stronger than Do You Believe In Love.
    His voice sounds a lot cooler and interesting in this song. Not as much variety in his voice as I would like, but it's alright. And THIS horn solo is A LOT more awesome than the last one. It's varied and complex and just fun.
    Also the lyrics come off as a lot more fascinating than Do You Believe In Love, which is nice because I like having interesting vocals to work with. And the end of the song is adding more variety! Awesome. Shame they waited so long, but at least its there.

Finally I Want A New Drug! I listened to this song before, because I was interested in the Ghostbusters complaint. But I couldn't see ANY similarity at all. Whatever, let's go!
    Start off awesome. Nice and interesting and the keys stand out pretty well. The vocals are cool and the lyrics match it fairly well. The keys really steal the show in this song, especially compared to the other songs. They're just so fascinating.
    The other instruments also excite me, because they sound fairly awesome. And this horn solo matches The Heart of Rock & Roll's horn solo, which is great because that one was very nicely done. Well, the vocals are starting to grow on me a bit more. And of course, the end has more jamming to it to add the sprinkles of variety. Well done.

All in all... this week is pretty ok! I was reaaaaaally hoping for Hip To Be Square, because that song kicks all sorts of ass, but I'll live :3
    However, none of the songs jump out and yell "buy me", so I'm going to be spending my MSP on Even Flow. Which is great, because I can play that song right now. At this very moment. Like, right after this :3

This week in terms of songs:
    I Want A New Drug
    The Heart of Rock & Roll
    Do You Believe In Love
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Yay! I've been looking forward to the Huey release since the announcement. Since I knew it would be only 3 songs from a band that has quite a lot of hits it was hard to predict what would be offered. Pretty much anything by them would have been an an insta-buy for me, but Heart of Rock and Roll was what I was really hoping for and HMX delivered. They easily could have had a much bigger pack, so I'll look forward to Huey Lewis pack 02 someday, too. Awesome picks this week, HMX.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Yeah... Not going to buy Huey Lewis... It's awful, and i already have the discsong hidden.

Can anybody recommend something of Rock Band Network for the PS3? Good guitar charts please!
  • SnowdragonsSnowdragons Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    I was not looking forward to this week. At least it's finaly here so that we can look forward to some better songs next week. I'm suprised how much people actually like these songs ...good for you guys i guess.