No Drumsets?

clanham1022clanham1022 Unsigned
edited February 2012 in Rock Band
Honestly, I'm very disappointed that I can't even purchase a pro drum set (or really any model past rb1) to play with this game. One of the core features, pro drums/drums, and you don't even offer the availability of the item, new, to purchase? That's poor hardware product management, and frankly, I'm about to sell my copy of RB3 and move on. This should never happen with a company's newest product, even if it is several years old. Let me be clear: I should not have to scour the dark corners of the earth (craigslist, ebay, etc) to try to purchase some used product from a complete stranger. First off, the quality of some of those used sets are horrible. Second, with the product not available new now, these people are price gouging like crazy. I also should not have to buy a specialized, real drum set, dropping almost $300 to purchase it. This is disappointing, Harmonix. Very.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm not just a "casual" fan of this game. I"ve passionately supported it since #1 in the series, spending hundreds of dollars on dlc/track packs, and that's not even considering the instruments. I'd hate to pull my support because I can't even acquire the instruments, new, to play the game. This is an important matter that needs to be addressed, by you, Harmonix. It's your game. You decided to put a drum mode in the game. Make sure the hardware's available to play your game while it's still the newest in the series, or don't put the mode in there in the first place.

Comments

  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    clanham1022;4654754 said:
    This should never happen with a company's newest product

    dance central has drums?
  • clanham1022clanham1022 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    jibjqrkl;4654931 said:
    dance central has drums?

    Whoops. Forgot I have to be ultra specific for some of the people here. The newest product in a series. That make sense now?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    clanham1022;4654968 said:
    Whoops. Forgot I have to be ultra specific for some of the people here. The newest product in a series. That make sense now?

    nope, if that would make sense then why isn't time crisis 5 getting any more lightguns?
  • clanham1022clanham1022 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    jibjqrkl;4654992 said:
    nope, if that would make sense then why isn't time crisis 5 getting any more lightguns?

    "There are no plans from Namco Bandai about making Time Crisis 5 until after its latest release, Time Crisis 2nd Strike, which was out on September 2010. So the chances are that there will be no Time Crisis 5."

    Please quit wasting my time. There's many other places to spread your ignorance.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2012
    meck77;4654863 said:
    No you cant walk into wal-mart or gamestop and purchase brand new equipment anymore. There simply just isnt enough demand for suppliers to stock them any longer. However if you search these forums you will find there are numerous places to order new kits online. I see posts daily from different people(i.e davidshek, dog, amongst many others) that would be more than willing to give you the info you are looking for to be able to purchase a kit. It isnt HMX's fault that demand has dropped drastically and it isnt HMX's fault that MADCATZ (equipment manufacturer) can no longer have items stocked for immediate purchase in local retailers

    As a matter of fact none of your gripe is in any way, shape or fashion HMX's fault!!

    You can't even do that anymore.
    Most online retailers don't sell,backordered for months, or have $500 used drum kits.
  • clanham1022clanham1022 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    meck77;4654863 said:


    As a matter of fact none of your gripe is in any way, shape or fashion HMX's fault!!

    Yes, it is Harmonix fault! They put the mode in the game, they are responsible for that mode even existing. It's their game. It's preposterous to even think that they wouldn't be responsible for hardware that is required to play their game. That's like a car company making a vehicle and not giving you the keys to drive. They might not produce the keys themselves, heck, it may be outsourced to some key manufacturer, but the keys are a necessity to use their product. Again, I'll say it one final time: This is Harmonix's product. This is Harmonix responsibility. Not some outside company responsible for the hardware. Harmonix is the creator of this property. Therefore, products that are required to play a mode in their game should be available to acquire new. Somewhere. Anywhere. That's very poor management if they can't even ensure that products required to play a mode in their game are available.
  • AfrobeanAfrobean Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    clanham1022;4655072 said:
    Yes, it is Harmonix fault! They put the mode in the game, they are responsible for that mode even existing. It's their game. It's preposterous to even think that they wouldn't be responsible for hardware that is required to play their game. That's like a car company making a vehicle and not giving you the keys to drive. They might not produce the keys themselves, heck, it may be outsourced to some key manufacturer, but the keys are a necessity to use their product. Again, I'll say it one final time: This is Harmonix's product. This is Harmonix responsibility. Not some outside company responsible for the hardware. Harmonix is the creator of this property. Therefore, products that are required to play a mode in their game should be available to acquire new. Somewhere. Anywhere. That's very poor management if they can't even ensure that products required to play a mode in their game are available.
    Basic drums aren't "REQUIRED". A person can play with any number of other controllers. And not just the ION that's still available, nor the midi adapter that's also still available. A pain old regular controller is functional as well. I think there may also be third party options available as well in addition to the first party and second party drum options available.
  • VyseTheQuickVyseTheQuick Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

    I was literally yelling obscenities at my screen as I did a quick search for RB3 kits. I've modded two old RB2 for the last 3 years to keep them going but two had been formed into one, and that one is on it's last leg. It never even crossed my mind that the new kits wouldn't be available. Some day I will buy an electronic kit for myself, but I still need a smaller portable RB3 kit for my classroom and travel.

    HMX I don't really know what you can do about this but even a small trickle of RB3 kits from Madcatz would do it for me. Please make some phone calls if you can. I'll still support you every week!
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited February 2012
    clanham1022;4655054 said:
    Please quit wasting my time. There's many other places to spread your ignorance.
    Newbies are so adorable in their innocence, not having yet learned the world doesn't owe them anything.

    Okay, seriously, everything you're griping about has been mentioned before, and the forum is full of solutions. At this point additional complaints, especially with the attitude, aren't going to solve anything. Yes, you can point a finger at Harmonix for putting their hardware supply in the hands of a third party, but at this point its fairly well understood that if they hadn't done that, there wouldn't be a Rock Band 3, at least not as we know it.

    So, you can keep grumbling, or you can accept that if you really want to play drums, you're going to have to do a little leg work to find a kit. Or, don't. Pretend the game doesn't support drums, and have fun playing everything else. Or play Time Crisis 5 instead. Whichever.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    1) check a used video game store that isnt a GameStop. I've seen RB 2 sets for $45 and RB1 sets for $25.

    2) check your Salvation Army / Goodwill stores. People have donated a lot of RB and GH peripherals.

    3) get good at the other instruments, and hope that a RB4 release causes MadCatz to release new instruments.


    But honestly check out 1. that's a lot cheaper than the $135 they were asking for RB3 sets.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    clanham1022;4655054 said:
    "There are no plans from Namco Bandai about making Time Crisis 5 until after its latest release, Time Crisis 2nd Strike, which was out on September 2010. So the chances are that there will be no Time Crisis 5."

    Please quit wasting my time. There's many other places to spread your ignorance.

    the point being, do they still make hardware for the latest game in that series? no. they don't

    just because i don't wikipedia a game title and find out that they gave the part after part 4 a different name then part 5 does not mean that there is anything wrong with what i'm trying to say.
  • clanham1022clanham1022 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    FujiSkunk;4655213 said:
    Newbies are so adorable in their innocence, not having yet learned the world doesn't owe them anything.


    Someday, when you put on your big boy pants, you'll realize that when you purchase a product, as a matter of fact, the company does owe you something. Inherent in the purchase is a guarantee of quality and service. Not providing the proper equipment to operate a product is not good service. And if you want to survive in this highly-competitive business world, you make sure that you're providing optimum, high-quality service. There's wonderful examples of now-defunct businesses that completely whiffed on that. Now, walk away before you embarrass yourself further, and get you a beginner's guide to business.

    Also, your attempt at rhetorical wit was terrible. Might wanna look into a beginner's guide for that as well.

    Next time I have to teach you something, there's gonna be a charge.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    so what you're saying is that if i buy a Ford model T now, i can still expect that Ford should still be creating spare parts for that just in case i need to fix it/get a new one?

    i purchased their product, now i want to complain about me not being able to get stuff for it even though the product is already very old
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    clanham1022;4655308 said:
    Next time I have to teach you something, there's gonna be a charge.
    Good. You can put that money towards a new overpriced drum kit. Problem solved.
  • WillHabs29WillHabs29 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    I agree with clanham but of course no one from harmonix will respond to this thread...

    They answer to everything but when it's time for controller availability, never...
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    WillHabs29;4655359 said:
    I agree with clanham but of course no one from harmonix will respond to this thread...

    They answer to everything but when it's time for controller availability, never...

    because HMX doesn't make the controllers
  • WillHabs29WillHabs29 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    they are all hmx fanboys, anyway
  • WillHabs29WillHabs29 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    jibjqrkl;4655360 said:
    because HMX doesn't make the controllers
    It's their job to contact MadCatz not us.

    They have a contract with them.

    Even if I contact matcatz by email, they redirect me to harmonix.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    WillHabs29;4655367 said:
    It's their job to contact MadCatz not us.

    They have a contract with them.

    Even if I contact matcatz by email, they redirect me to harmonix.

    HMX probably has a contract with xbox to make their game available on it.
    are you gonna go to these forums when you cant buy an xbox anymore on which you want to play the game?
  • WillHabs29WillHabs29 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    jibjqrkl;4655370 said:
    HMX probably has a contract with xbox to make their game available on it.
    are you gonna go to these forums when you cant buy an xbox anymore on which you want to play the game?
    If there is still new content available weekly (game, dlc) of course. Otherwise no.

    but, there is still dlc every week for rock band. They need to support the game with (guitar, mic, drum etc)

    When we will reach the last week of dlc, I will not complaint for the lack of new instrument. Because it's over.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I still disagree with you!! HMX's job is to continue providing us with great music to play. Its Madcatz's job to make instruments and its YOUR job to locate a drum set if that is what you want and they are out there so stop *****in bout it and go find a drum kit. There available, not everything comes easy!!


    You come to this community with a problem and no solution, you were offered some solutions and yet you are still complaining. Seems pretty cut and dried to me!
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    WillHabs29;4655359 said:
    I agree with clanham but of course no one from harmonix will respond to this thread...

    They answer to everything but when it's time for controller availability, never...
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211854

    There is a 75 page thread about trying to find RB3 hardware. Don't act like HMX has never addressed it.
    WillHabs29;4655367 said:
    It's their job to contact MadCatz not us.

    They have a contract with them.

    Even if I contact matcatz by email, they redirect me to harmonix.
    HMX has been in contact with Madcatz. That doesn't mean that they can order them to produce more hardware.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Complain to retailers. When RB3 was launched most retailers did not want to fill up their shelves with bulky hardware units. After music game sales collapsed they lost faith in the product. It didn't help that Mad Catz crippled the games potential by failing to deliver to most international retailers for months after it's launch.

    In all honesty, your reaction is over exaggerated. I've found all hardware through online stores. It may not of been ideal(especially with shipping costs and waiting), but it worked.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited February 2012
    meck77;4655444 said:
    You come to this community with a problem and no solution, you were offered some solutions and yet you are still complaining. Seems pretty cut and dried to me!

    The problem with what you said is, yes, he was offered solutions. But those solutions were drowned in unnecessary comments that spurred unnecessary arguements that spurred unnecessary comments like yours that spurred an unnecessary reply like mine.

    He wanted solutions people - pretty much give him solutions or add to the conversation in a positive manner. If you aren't going to do any of those, then you probably shouldn't post in this thread.

    ^^^But that's pretty much how every thread goes now.

    If you look at threads from 2007 - 2008, the first page of each is filled with helpful replies. But not now.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    0P, Unfortunatly, it is what it is...HMX can't be expected to oversee, what other companies are responsible to produce. Since you say you have been on board with RB from the beginning, then you were aware that there were many outlets where you could have purchased any number of instrument, controllers for quite a while. I'm reminded of an old saying, however trite, that "he who hesitates is lost." It seems you came a little late to the party. I really hope you can find a drum set, and I know for a fact they're out there, and quite reasonbly priced. As for HMX, they are not to blame here. I believe it's actually a testiment to just how successful RB has been. The controllers are still in demand after all this time...4 years. Good luck :)
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    DemonUnicorns;4655640 said:
    The problem with what you said is, yes, he was offered solutions. But those solutions were drowned in unnecessary comments that spurred unnecessary arguements that spurred unnecessary comments like yours that spurred an unnecessary reply like mine.

    He wanted solutions people - pretty much give him solutions or add to the conversation in a positive manner. If you aren't going to do any of those, then you probably shouldn't post in this thread.

    ^^^But that's pretty much how every thread goes now.

    If you look at threads from 2007 - 2008, the first page of each is filled with helpful replies. But not now.
    Posters like you are the only reason I still come here. There were a lot of posters during the RB1 era, and the ones that remain are split into two groups: old rockers who may not play or post as much, but still find time to visit and contribute when possible; and HMX diehards, who will agree with everything HMX does even if it contradicts themselves and goes against what HMX believe themselves. They'd rather condescend and attack newbies than welcome them and offer advice or suggestions(Occasionally a mixture of both without realizing their attitude makes it hard for anyone to care what they have to say in the end).

    In the OP's defense he has tried numerous times to make threads and fit in with this place, but each time there has been several posters who would condescend or post smug replies. In the end he is a customer and a fan, chasing him away is just a nail in Rock Band's coffin.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited February 2012
    Krystof;4655698 said:
    Posters like you are the only reason I still come here. There were a lot of posters during the RB1 era, and the ones that remain are split into two groups: old rockers who may not play or post as much, but still find time to visit and contribute when possible; and HMX diehards, who will agree with everything HMX does even if it contradicts themselves and goes against what HMX believe themselves. They'd rather condescend and attack newbies than welcome them and offer advice or suggestions(Occasionally a mixture of both without realizing their attitude makes it hard for anyone to care what they have to say in the end).

    In the OP's defense he has tried numerous times to make threads and fit in with this place, but each time there has been several posters who would condescend or post smug replies. In the end he is a customer and a fan, chasing him away is just a nail in Rock Band's coffin.

    Well thanks, and I agree with everything you said, especially the part about chasing him away contributing to the end of Rock Band.

    I've taken a look at some of his threads he started, and yeah, pretty negative responses in most of them.

    I saw he posted this in reply to GNF:
    clanham1022;4647999 said:
    Try some respect and tact next time. And before you point it out, mine was in reference to a sarcastic, disrespectful initial response. Why don't you people try a little politeness and respect when communicating stuff around here? Just because you may know more about these forums does NOT mean you possess special privileges of entitlement. Pull your head out of the clouds and try on some respectful communication. It works.

    Jeez, what's this world coming to....

    It really kinda sums up what happens around here.

    I mean, it's a family-friendly game. So you'd think the official website would be more family-friendly, ya know? People need to realise that not everyone has the same knowledge, same things they like, etc.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I can't find any affordable controllers for Beatmania or GuitarFreaks or DrumMania. I bet I couldn't find them even if I lived in Japan. Frustrating! Somebody invite me over to play. I'll bring my Squier.
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    Why should HMX care if anyone is still producing controllers for their game. It's not like they are still producing DLC for rock band 3 anymore !!!

    oh wait.
  • clanham1022clanham1022 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    DemonUnicorns;4655640 said:
    The problem with what you said is, yes, he was offered solutions. But those solutions were drowned in unnecessary comments that spurred unnecessary arguements that spurred unnecessary comments like yours that spurred an unnecessary reply like mine.

    He wanted solutions people - pretty much give him solutions or add to the conversation in a positive manner. If you aren't going to do any of those, then you probably shouldn't post in this thread.

    ^^^But that's pretty much how every thread goes now.

    If you look at threads from 2007 - 2008, the first page of each is filled with helpful replies. But not now.

    The best response yet. Thank you. Is it not possible to leave the pitiful attempts at sarcasm and rhetoric at home, and actually speak like mature adults, respectfully? You don't like me voicing my opinion in a thread? Go somewhere else! But to make these vitriolic posts only serves to show how childish and immature the poster is. Grow up, people.
Sign In or Register to comment.