The RBN community announcement thread is this Friday!

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited March 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Just wanted to remind everyone.

Oh and just as a small teaser....we've got something in the works right now that will...blow up the sun!

Well not really but we think it's pretty damn awesome.

HOPEFULLY we can get everything finalized in time for Friday to make an announcement.

If not, then we'll do a special announcement outside of the thread to announce it. (Yes it's big enough it deserves it's own thread).

STAY TUNED.

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    AskariNari;4659035 said:

Artist #1. This year is his 100th birthday, well, if he was alive it would be, at least.

That was fast...
  • edited February 2012
    Looking forward to it, as always. Might have to catch up on it later if the missus goes into labor on Friday, though. ;)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2012
    I haven't perused the entirety of the RBN request thread lately, but I'm more than sure this band has been mentioned in there. If not I know there's been requests for the band in general outside of RBN for a while now.

Rest assured we're just as eager to announce this as you are to hear it. And hopefully things will be signed and dotted by Friday. If not as soon as they are you'll see a post and know about it from the fireworks shooting out of my butt :P

Seriously though this was one of my top five I want to get this band's material into the game (and let's not be silly and think this is a band like Metallica or some insanely huge popular band).

The only hints I can offer are that they are a metal act (doesn't mean that we don't have some pretty cool non metal stuff to announce Friday as well), and while they're aren't mega huge/known across the world they are known and have a decent fan following.

So look for the fireworks in the sky as your first clue :P
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4659103 said:

The only hints I can offer are that they are a metal act (doesn't mean that we don't have some pretty cool non metal stuff to announce Friday as well), and while they're aren't mega huge/known across the world they are known and have a decent fan following.

oh god please let it be Brocas Helm ;_;
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    TubaDude49;4659077 said:
    That was fast...

This exchange (and a moment of research) has me very concerned....
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    I can also confirm that we WILL be announcing TWO bands that were requested through our thread on friday. (at least two)
    edited February 2012

So look for the fireworks in the sky as your first clue :P

Katy Perry? ;)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 2012
    Yay! Big announcement!
    they are a metal act
    Awww....
    (doesn't mean that we don't have some pretty cool non metal stuff to announce Friday as well)

Yay again!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2012
    Hey Hope and ruin passed Studdz...that make you happy?
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    In Flames. I win. do I get a cookie?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    No because that's not it.
    edited February 2012
    awwww... there's no dog there...
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited February 2012
    Man I am now so excited!

too bad I will be up in the mountains training in Aikido this weekend... I have to wait until Sunday night :(
    edited February 2012
    I haven't got all the awesome stuff I've been trying to get together for my comeback done, but I will still announce A song that I picked up yesterday.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4659203 said:
    Hey Hope and ruin passed Studdz...that make you happy?

Yes. Yes it does! Can't wait!!
  • malice72malice72 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    My first guess was In Flames, but their pretty big, so I'm gonna go with Mudvayne!
    edited February 2012
    Why is it people can't grasp the difference between "their", "they're" and "there"? also "too", "to" and "two"?
    The lack of intellect on the internet scares the hell out of me.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited February 2012
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    wafflerevolution;4659422 said:
    Why is it people can't grasp the difference between "their", "they're" and "there"? also "too", "to" and "two"?

What's it say about you that you focused on the grammar and not ruling out In Flames because they're pretty big and not my explicit statement it's not In Flames.
  • malice72malice72 Unsigned
    edited February 2012

Uh, maybe because it's between 12 and 1 in the morning, and I'm about to head to sleep so I'm not too concerned with my grammar. However, now that I know the grammar police is patrolling this forum, I might have to start paying more attention ;). I don't know, maybe you're just having a bad day.
  • edited February 2012
    There are several reasons for that. For a minority it's because of dyslexia or because they're not native speakers of English with a substantial amount of language training. But mostly you can blame it on poor standards in language classes in primary and secondary public education in many English-speaking countries, and/or a certain mindset that 'proper' spelling and grammar is unnecessary in an informal setting like a video game forum.

What it does not have anything to do with, though, is a 'lack of intellect', and people posting things like

bring sayings about glass houses and stones, and pots and kettles to mind, because it's a rather stupid and insulting thing to say that adds absolutely nothing relevant to the ongoing discussion.

Could the spelling and grammar of the majority of the posters on just about any online forum be more polished? Absolutely. Are there worrying tendencies towards anti-intellectualism and intellectual laziness (neither of which is the same as 'a lack of intellect', mind you) in modern society? I certainly think so.
    Is complaining about spelling and grammar on a video game forum in a borderline insulting way a productive use of anyone's time and/or does it contribute anything constructive to the discussion? Nope. So please don't.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited February 2012
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2012

i'm just lazy ;)

(and really? i've seen people wrongfully use to/too, but i've never seen anyone write TWO instead of those.)
  • edited February 2012
    Let's move away from the spelling discussion and get this thread back on topic, please.

I'm personally really curious as to which band Noble is referring to. Part of me wants to say Blind Guardian, but they might be too big and I don't believe TAG works with Nuclear Blast.

Can you say if it's a US or a European band, Noble, or is that spoiling too much?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    the one he's referring too isn't European, but European band(s) will be announced
    edited February 2012
    awww that rules out Blindside too :(

I went through that enormous thread... I hope Bloodsimple or Spineshank... or Silent Civillian but I am sure I'm wrong lol

I guess we shall see Friderday. then the world will implode, the sun will burn cold and everything will taste like blue.
  • edited February 2012
    Hmn, that significantly decreases the chance that it'll be a band that I'll personally be excited about.

Still, looking forward to see what's in the works next Friday.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Zemanator;4659499 said:
    the one he's referring too isn't European, but European band(s) will be announced
    Der_Lex;4659511 said:
    Hmn, that significantly decreases the chance that it'll be a band that I'll personally be excited about.

Still, looking forward to see what's in the works next Friday.

Cheer up, Lex...Agalloch hasn't been ruled out.
  • edited February 2012
    Numskull;4659517 said:
    Cheer up, Lex...Agalloch hasn't been ruled out.

I don't think they're big or popular enough to warrant any hype.

But a decreased chance isn't zero chance that it's something I'll like. I just might be pleasantly surprised next Friday. When Noble's excited, it's usually not in vain.