New title from hmx confirmed: Rock Band Blitz

bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Just got a text from rockbandaide that says the pax east panels have been announced and that it's confirmed hmx is announcing a new title. So what does everyone think it is? Rock Band 4? A new kind of Rock Band? Dance Central 3? Or a new ip?

http://www.rockbandaide.com/15443/pax-east-2012-harmonix-panels/

"Join Harmonix developers as they discuss and dissect ten years of beatmatch gameplay creation, tracking their long and glorious tradition of designing music rhythm games like Frequency and Amplitude right up to the first public reveal of a brand new title!"

Given the topic they're discussing, my bet is on rb4(or at least a rb style game).

Comments

• ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Forum Hype Powers... Activate!

Form of: Wild Speculation.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    This isn't hype. This is speculation. Get it straight bub. New title confirmed = fact not guesswork. ;)
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Only options:

RB: Dream Theater
    RB: Justin Bieber
    RB: Lady Gaga
    RB: Foo fighters
    RB: Led Zeppelin
    RB: Pink Floyd
    RB: Muse
    RB: Country pack 03
    RB: 4
    edited March 2012
    prodrummer1;4660631 said:
    Only options:

Given how poorly band titles and the last country pack did, I have to say it's definitely rb4 if those are the ONLY OPTIONS. ;p

Also, you have all the titles backwards except for rb4.
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4660633 said:
    Given how poorly band titles and the last country pack did, I have to say it's definitely rb4 if those are the ONLY OPTIONS. ;p

haha :p
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4660628 said:
    This isn't hype. This is speculation. Get it straight bub. New title confirmed = fact not guesswork. ;)

Isn't hype speculation that gets out of control?
    edited March 2012
    Indeed.

It was intended as more of a prediction than a criticism.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    prodrummer1;4660631 said:
    Only options:

dont forget Metallica. I hope it is band specific, I think if it is band specific it would have to be a huge band.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    I hope it is Rock Band 4... but it could be anything...
    edited March 2012
    peterock2007;4660635 said:
    Isn't hype speculation that gets out of control?
    ZigZag2005;4660636 said:
    Indeed.

It was intended as more of a prediction than a criticism.
    So you meant it as the future of this thread.

No doubt. :D
    edited March 2012
    meck77;4660637 said:
    dont forget Metallica. I hope it is band specific, I think if it is band specific it would have to be a huge band.

I would think all the times they've said that there is no band specific title planned would weed out the band specific titles.
    edited March 2012
    meck77;4660637 said:
    Given that they specifically said no band titles are planned(of course they could lie, but given how poorly they've done I doubt it), I doubt it.
    Marlboro;4660638 said:
    New IP + RB4
    They only said one title. Maybe they do have another one(I strongly suspect they do), but they are only announcing one at pax east.
    edited March 2012
    You see what you get, Warriors?

You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    peterock2007;4660644 said:
    I would think all the times they've said that there is no band specific title planned would weed out the band specific titles.

I think you are probably right, but HMX has mislead us before on more then one occasion. here's to hoping
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    There's also a live Harmonix podcast from PAX East on [Easter] Sunday, where they specifically mention "SECRETS". Which will no longer be secret at that point, if the new title is announced on Saturday ... exciting stuff!

I read that at the first exhibit of RB3, people were too afraid to try the new keyboard peripheral. I probably would have been too [since I've had all of 6 weeks of piano lessons, many years ago], but had I known that there was a non-pro version with only 5 keys, and totally-approachable "easy" settings for the Pro version ... and if I had been there ... I would have loved to have been one of the first to try it out. Will anyone here be at PAX East, to report back what they see in the Harmonix booth? In case we just aren't patient enough to wait for the official live podcast?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Either RB arcade or RB kinect.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    This is glorious news... I'll buy anything they put out... If, of course, it's compatible with my hardware!
  • edited March 2012
    Didn't we already know this? I really hope its RB4 but a new IP could be cool too. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    edited March 2012
    Pankrazzo;4660662 said:
    Either RB arcade or RB kinect.

As I remember it, one of the very few hints we were given was that the SECRET would be "very inclusive". So I'm not expecting anything that can only be played on Kinect.

I feel like we were also told that the RB community (not just the Dance Central players) as a whole would be excited about it. Maybe it was just worded creatively, and this SECRET won't be a RB specific title. But it won't be a Dance Central title either, the way I read it.
  • edited March 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4660660 said:
    Will anyone here be at PAX East, to report back what they see in the Harmonix booth?

I'll be there. :)
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    hmxhenry;4660675 said:

This is good news. Might you perhaps be doing your job?
  • edited March 2012
    WonderWaageUK;4660677 said:
    This is good news. Might you perhaps be doing your job?

No promises.
    edited March 2012
    These are things I'm personally ruling off my list: band titles, dance central 3, and console specific titles.

Things I'm leaning towards: rb4, a new type of rb game, or a new ip.

Band titles have done very poorly compared to the work and licensing involved. They are too narrow in focus in an already shrinking market. I do not think hmx is lying when they say they aren't working on one.

Dance games are on the decline. Just Dance on the wii was huge, and then the orginal titles on the kinect did well, but they are losing steam quickly. I think it'd be way too soon for a dc3. And honestly I can see hmx rotating years on dc and rb if both do well enough. That way people will (hopefully) want a new title of that type by the time it comes out.

With this being seemingly a big announcement, I don't think it will be on just one console. I wouldn't be surprised if the wii gets left out though. Maybe it will be on the wiiU.

It's been almost 2 years since we had a rb title(by the time this will come out). I think a rb4 or some type of new rb would be a safe bet.

Or it could be a new ip. They said they are working on lots of different stuff. Though given the topic at the panel I'd have to say it'd be a rhythm type game.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2012
    Hooray for iOS games
    edited March 2012
    HeyRiles;4660685 said:
    Hooray for iOS games
    I'm hoping it's not just a cell phone game, but I wouldn't be shocked. That is the "new big thing" in gaming right now. Yuck.

I understand the dynamics of why they are popular, that they are cheaper to make, and they are easier to get into people's hands. But they will never be better than console/computer games(imo) until you can make them(cell phones) like mini-laptops. I know they're getting close, but it's not there yet.
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4660690 said:
    I'm hoping it's not just a cell phone game, but I wouldn't be shocked. That is the "new big thing" in gaming right now. Yuck.

I understand the dynamics of why they are popular, that they are cheaper to make, and they are easier to get into people's hands. But they will never be better than console/computer games(imo) until you can make them(cell phones) like mini-laptops. I know they're getting close, but it's not there yet.
    I'm not sure I remember correctly but wasn't there a quote by someone in the know a few months back about HMX and the possibility of app-game?
    edited March 2012
    hmxhenry;4660675 said:

Well, good! But I was specifically hoping that there would be someone there that could peek at the booth while it was going up and report back with all sorts of wild speculation about it ["they've got legacy RB instruments everywhere, and something else that looks like it might be a new MIDI guitar controller?!", or maybe "phones! there are phones everywhere, each hooked up to a big screen TV"], not someone that would be fired for leaking SECRETS ...
    edited March 2012
    peterock2007;4660693 said:
    I'm not sure I remember correctly but wasn't there a quote by someone in the know a few months back about HMX and the possibility of app-game?
    Basically something about them being new to that platform(with vidrhythm) and that they are figuring things out. Or something like that.

I'm just hoping THIS announcement isn't about a cell phone game(though I'm well aware it's probably 50/50 between that and a new rb). I have no doubt they are working on both given what they've said.