New title from hmx confirmed: Rock Band Blitz

Comments

• TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited March 2012
    Afrobean;4661270 said:
    All better hardware would uniquely allow, I think would be far superior background animations (and maybe 5 or more actors on stage at once).
    Isn't Rocksmith really processor-heavy, which is why it's not available on Wii?

With the next generation, we'd be able to fully score an all-Pro band consisting of three-part harmony, guitar and bass with the Rocksmith adapters, and keys and drums with the respective MIDI Pro Adapters, and still have the power to put all five members on stage in the background.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    I'll just reiterate my point that https://twitter.com/#!/RockBand said this:

"Oh look, panels for PAX East have been announced! Pay close attention to the HMX panel in the 10:30 am Sat spot. ;) http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php"

And https://twitter.com/#!/Harmonix did not.

That is all.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    they said a radically new direction for the RB franchise a while back

I think a way to use ANY guitar, keyboard, or e-drums would solve the pro instrument issue. So let the score lag if you play on pro, big deal.

Is it a deal breaker if the guy playing pro guitar causes the guitar track to just play without ever cutting out (to account for the lag in processing)?
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I can see a deeper social media integration.

If I get stories about my friends harvesting beets in Farmville on facebook, then why can't they get a "WhitePawz just got 100% on expert vocals for 2112 by Rush!" on their feeds?
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited March 2012
    Whatever it is bruther it has to work with all the dlc we have bruther or everyone is going to lose a lot of money bruther and Harmonix will lose a lot of sells dude. They may take Rock Band in a new direction bruther but they have to make sure that the DLC works with it bruther or we get the dlc free bruther :)
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    My guess is Rockband Pro. They will ditch the 5 button instruments, but continue to release DLC for RB3. This will be all Pro, where you can use any guitar or bass to play, sell pads to install on any drumset or use an electronic drumset like you do now. (Not for sure if they could make pads to install on top of a reg drum kit, sounds good in my head.) Also, they would expand on keys by charting both hands. This means they would only have to sell the drum pads and midi adapters as peripherals, everything else you can buy elsewhere. Pretty much Rocksmith, but with all the instruments that RB has now. I just cant see them making another 5 button game with them already saying RB is going through a fundamental change, though I really hope im wrong. As much fun as pro is, its more learning an instrument, than the fun experience of jamming with 5 colored buttons with friends.
    edited March 2012
    Given that pro is the least played mode(guitar and bass) and that the cymbals aren't hot sellers, I"d have to say a rb pro would be quite possibly one of the worst business decisions hmx could ever make.

And this is coming from someone who would LOVE to see it. Like I would really love if they at least made a guitar training game, even if it didn't have songs.

But this would NEVER happen given the current state of things.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Skynyrd45;4661388 said:
    My guess is Rockband Pro. They will ditch the 5 button instruments, but continue to release DLC for RB3. This will be all Pro, where you can use any guitar or bass to play, sell pads to install on any drumset or use an electronic drumset like you do now. (Not for sure if they could make pads to install on top of a reg drum kit, sounds good in my head.) Also, they would expand on keys by charting both hands. This means they would only have to sell the drum pads and midi adapters as peripherals, everything else you can buy elsewhere. Pretty much Rocksmith, but with all the instruments that RB has now. I just cant see them making another 5 button game with them already saying RB is going through a fundamental change, though I really hope im wrong. As much fun as pro is, its more learning an instrument, than the fun experience of jamming with 5 colored buttons with friends.

I would love this. It won't happen.

I would prefer continuing the current hybrid that we enjoy now in RB3 though. I like inclusive rather than exclusive progression.
    edited March 2012
    skyp1e;4661394 said:
    I would love this. It won't happen.

I would prefer continuing the current hybrid that we enjoy now in RB3 though. I like inclusive rather than exclusive progression.
    I'd call it a victory if they continue to support pro in rb4. Given how poor it's done and how time consuming it is, I'd guess it's only marginally profitable at best.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661150 said:
    Why are you trying so hard to shoot down a good idea?
    Because, again, there are TWENTY people across all three platforms that have all the DLC. Subtract the Wii and PS3 owners, as they don't have enough potential content to even hit the cap, and you're asking that Harmonix wastes development time on a 2,952 adjuster for literally the ten people that 'need' it. 2% of the millions of RB2 owners used Score Duel repeatedly, and THAT didn't make the cut, why the hell would an increasingly complicated(and not at all user-friendly, no matter how you slice it) RAM reset make it?

You can say, "It's optional, so why would you be against it?" all you want, and I will keep saying I am against it because it is a ridiculously poor use of time for use by people we can all actually count on our hands.
    edited March 2012
    It's not just for people over the limit. Remember that guy that said he dislikes going through 1300 songs? It'd be perfect for people like that also.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    I hope it's RB4. Need these errors fixed on ps3.
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661406 said:
    It's not just for people over the limit. Remember that guy that said he dislikes going through 1300 songs? It'd be perfect for people like that also.
    Really? 'Cause it'd be easier for him to 1-lighter stuff he doesn't want to see, because he can more easily display/hide it via the filter, than going through a master list and having the song cache reload every single time he does. Try again.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661401 said:
    I'd call it a victory if they continue to support pro in rb4. Given how poor it's done and how time consuming it is, I'd guess it's only marginal profitable at best.

I think they will continue to support it. I think they just need to go the Rocksmith route and let people use their own guitars. Being a bass player myself, I tried the Mustang, and it just felt like another plastic instrument. I now have a squier, and it feels much better to play, but its still not a great guitar. Having only 1 plastic instrument, and one very expensive hard to find real guitar was Pro's downfall imo.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Skynyrd45;4661388 said:
    Terrible idea.
    edited March 2012
    Skynyrd45;4661416 said:
    I think they will continue to support it. I think they just need to go the Rocksmith route and let people use their own guitars. Being a bass player myself, I tried the Mustang, and it just felt like another plastic instrument. I now have a squier, and it feels much better to play, but its still not a great guitar. Having only 1 plastic instrument, and one very expensive hard to find real guitar was Pro's downfall imo.
    I won't argue much against that, or why it was right or wrong to try to do it so you can see your hand position ahead of time(I personally think it was the right call).

I think where they went wrong was having it be the ONLY way to do pro. They should have had an unscored mode where you could use any guitar(of course it wouldn't have the hand position feedback).

But given that they likely had to choose one path, I think they went with what was within the rock band spirit, instead of what may have been more financially beneficial.
    edited March 2012
    I'm pretty sure I remember someone at HMX promising that PRO will always be supported. That could just be wishful thinking on my part and a false memory, but the feeling is pretty strong that someone DID make that pledge.
    edited March 2012
    skyp1e;4661434 said:
    I'm pretty sure I remember someone at HMX promising that PRO will always be supported. That could just be wishful thinking on my part and a false memory, but the feeling is pretty strong that someone DID make that pledge.
    I highly doubt anyone said always. I know they said for the foreseeable future(just like they do with regular dlc). I believe the also said they had no plans to stop pro support(which sounds the same, but is quite different from the first thing).

But again, things happen and plans can change at any time. CTP2 anyone? ;)
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    While I agree with bonethug's post stating it would be a victory if Pro made it into RB 4 because of time consumtion, cost effectiveness, lack of a lot of consumer intetest, etc. But that is only Pro guitar/bass. There's more Pro in RB than those two and that's why I think it will remain despite Pro bass/guitars lackluster success. It would seem odd for HMX to axe Pro guitar/bass yet keep pro drums and keys (and, I guess Harmonies is concidered Pro- just not by me). Those other pro modes don't share the pro g/b troubles and it would seem to be going backward if they dropped Pro entirely. I know as a Pro drummer I'd be pissed. I think it's either they keep it all or get rid of it all. I highly doubt the latter.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    I can guarantee RB4 won't be all pro.

For one it would kill the RBN.

Why would they abandon a format they worked so hard to get set up which is producing on average 15 tracks a week, and all the people that don't want to or can't play pro, just to appease a fraction of the fan base?

I play rock band because I want to have fun playing a GAME about being a rockstar. On the weekends get some friends over, have some drinks, and flail around and thinking we're awesome in our drunken stupor.

Pro mode only would kill all that.

Dead.
    edited March 2012
    Yes I should have made mention that I meant pro guitar/bass. The others I think are easy enough to carry forward without worry.

And while it would seem weird to have the others and not guitar/bass, I think money comes before weirdness. It's a little "weird" wii doesn't get to have rbn songs any more, but money saw to that.
  • edited March 2012
    meck77;4660657 said:
    I think you are probably right, but HMX has mislead us before on more then one occasion. here's to hoping
    I don't think you understand the scope here, they've already stated there will be no more holiday music, we probably won't see anymore full albums, and the chances of another band game are very slim as this stuff isn't selling very well, the rhythm game genre is very stagnant right now and they are trying to release what they think will sell, another reason why we are only getting 3 songs a week, you gotta look at the big picture son, look at the trend since 2007!
    edited March 2012
    Is the problem that pro guitar/bass isn't popular or that it was stalled when the starting gun went off?

There were a lot of problems getting the necessary hardware into the hands of consumers that was never resolved.

Also, once upon a time you could play online with people on PRO guitar/bass for free. Now you have to pay a dollar extra for that privilege, this certainly added another damper and exasperated the issue even more.

Who is to say that if the PRO guitars had gotten into the clambering hands of everyone that wanted one on release that the popularity wouldn't be at least double what it turned out to be today?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    Well it's possible I suppose, but you got to remember gamer's overall (not everyone of course but a good majority of them) are LAZY. I know that's a generalization but you get what I'm going for here.

Why take the time and months needed to learn to play the real/pro guitar when you can shred the same on legacy?
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4661490 said:
    Why take the time and months needed to learn to play the real/pro guitar when you can shred the same on legacy?
    Yup. The games got big BECAUSE you didn't need to know the instrument. Pro instruments were always going to be a niche.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2012
    mercuryshadow09;4661485 said:
    I don't think you understand the scope here, they've already stated there will be no more holiday music, we probably won't see anymore full albums...
    They never said that, they just said that there was nothing on the schedule at the moment, which was Christmas 2011 for the holiday music.
    edited March 2012
    skyp1e;4661487 said:
    Is the problem that pro guitar/bass isn't popular or that it was stalled when the starting gun went off?

There were a lot of problems getting the necessary hardware into the hands of consumers that was never resolved.

Also, once upon a time you could play online with people on PRO guitar/bass for free. Now you have to pay a dollar extra for that privilege, this certainly added another damper and exasperated the issue even more.

Who is to say that if the PRO guitars had gotten into the clambering hands of everyone that wanted one on release that the popularity wouldn't be at least double what it turned out to be today?
    It didn't help that you could only use 2 guitars that were hard to find and expensive, but rocksmith didn't really fly off the shelves and you could use any guitar with that.

So in the end I'd say it was too niche of an idea in an already niche market. It'll help if they make any guitar usable, but it seems it will never pass 5 button play in popularity.

Remember the common theme. This is a game and that's why (most)people play. People serious about learning guitar may start here(very few as that may be), but this isn't the place for that. It's a game.
  • edited March 2012
    topdrawer;4660932 said:
    i hope it's not rb4. at least not yet, i was hoping for rb4 for wiiu, i don't want one for wii and again and i don't want to jump ship to xbox or ps3.
    If the WiiU is being released this year, I'm sure developers already have their hands on dev kits!
    edited March 2012
    mercuryshadow09;4661510 said:
    If the WiiU is being released this year, I'm sure developers already have their hands on dev kits!
    They do, yes, but they're pretty shoddy dev kits.
  • edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661038 said:
    Okay, feel free to explain how the game would even load them to grey them out, then.
    They wouldn't load, you could have sort of like setlists with certain songs, I don't know if you've ever experienced the game not loading a song for some odd reason and it skips that song, well when it does that it reloads the song cache, that tells me there is a way to accomplish this, when you check off certain songs and want to load others, it will just reload the song cache for those songs!