My selfish brain refuses to accept anything less :P
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Hope they won't call it Rock Band 4S.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    MostSpartan14;4660829 said:
    This.

There's no way HMx would show something REALLY big like RB4 to the public for the first time at PAX East. That's an E3-caliber announcement, and it's not like HMX to announce an RB game (especially one of the main games like RB4 would be) outside of E3.

I would guess that the "SECRETS" are either DLC or a hint at RB4, but I'd be shocked if something as big as RB4 would be announced at PAX. It seems to me like better place to announce something like an arcade game.

They won't show it but they could announce it.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    HeyRiles;4660738 said:
    There was also something a little while back that Harmonix was developing an XBLA/PSN download release
    This is true, which made me start thinking rb4/rbsomething may not be a retail release.

@dog, great point. This is just an announcement. We don't know if they are showing off whatever game it is at all(as far as a demo; sounds like they will show off it's creation).
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    My heart says RB but from reading through all the panels involving HMX it suggested to me something rythm/dance/excersise related. That coupled with the fact that we already know HMX has a forthcoming XBLA/PSN title reinforces this. I also agree that a new RB title would be an E3 announcement, as would anything DC. I wouldn't rule out a new music creation/collaberation software for RB, though. It would make sense to release something like that (if it were to ever happen) through XBLA or PSN. I think SECRETS is going to be that news RB related will be coming soon. I want to be wrong though. I'm not a patient guy. I want RB 4 tomorrow.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Didn't they mention a "fundamental reimagining" a while back?

I would guess these things are related...
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    i hope it's not rb4. at least not yet, i was hoping for rb4 for wiiu, i don't want one for wii and again and i don't want to jump ship to xbox or ps3.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2012
    topdrawer;4660932 said:
    i hope it's not rb4. at least not yet, i was hoping for rb4 for wiiu, i don't want one for wii and again and i don't want to jump ship to xbox or ps3.

Isn't the WiiU supposed to come out around the end of this year? I'm pretty sure even if it's announced at PAX, Rock Band 4 may take until at least next year to release.
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    topdrawer;4660932 said:
    Wouldn't it be someone else that would be doing the port to the Nintendo system? Could they be working on it kind of in tandem?
  • ndborrondborro Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    a vidrhythm game for the consoles. Make your own music...
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    You do know that the Wii U will be out this fall and if this is Rock Band 4 the most likely release date would be Oct/November....sooooo?
    edited March 2012
    jeronemitchell;4660928 said:
    Didn't they mention a "fundamental reimagining" a while back?

I would guess these things are related...
    Right. I guess it would all come down to what they are announcing. We know they are working on different things(rb, dc, and other stuff, at least one of which is cell phone game related).

One interpretation could be the reimagining of rb could be as a downloadable game.

Edit:
    And what tag said about wiiU and rb. Even if they release it in aug or sept, they will still likely hold and release it on the wiiU instead of the wii.
  • edited March 2012
    And since whan do games HAVE to come out for all three consoles at the same time. The first RB was out for months on the Xbox and PS3 before the Wii. And I think RB2 was out for a month on the Xbox before coming to the PS3 and Wii.
    edited March 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4660953 said:
    And since whan do games HAVE to come out for all three consoles at the same time. The first RB was out for months on the Xbox and PS3 before the Wii. And I think RB2 was out for a month on the Xbox before coming to the PS3 and Wii.
    A good example is the Michael Jackson Experience on wii and kinect. I believe it released on wii at around the same time kinect was launched, but it didn't release on kinect until a few months later.

That would be almost an exact scenario of what would happen with a hypothetical rb4 this fall.

Edit:
    Kinect was launched on nov 4, 2010. MJ was released on the wii on nov 23, 2010 on the wii and on april 12, 2011 on the kinect.

That was a 5 month gap.
    edited March 2012
    Just got a tweet from @rockband to pay close attention to the hmx panel at pax. No tweet from @hmx about it.

Hmmm....

Btw, did I mention it was followed by a winky face?
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Please no Rock Band 4 for current hardware consoles. I hate the 3000 song limit cap. We need more RAM!
    edited March 2012
    SideshowN;4661008 said:
    Please no Rock Band 4 for current hardware consoles. I hate the 3000 song limit cap. We need more RAM!
    It sucks and yes I'm one of the few that's well over it, but I don't think it'd be wise to wait 2 more years to release a new rock band.

They aren't going to hold off on it for those very few players that have "maxed out". And who knows, maybe they have a better way to handle it(instead of having to delete songs)?
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Must be dem secret projects Aaron was talking about. Whatever it is, I'm ecstatic.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    dog037;4660850 said:
    They won't show it but they could announce it.

The description for the panel says the title will be shown on public display for the first time at the HMX booth. That seems like more than just an announcement to me. That seems like something substantial; a demo or trailer/video at the least.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    "It's not just Doom and Halo maps anymore. The Rock Band Network, and the many other user-generated content platforms out there, have built up a whole world of dedicated gamers producing and selling high-quality content right inside games. Not only does user-generated content keep games alive even longer, it can make rock stars out of diehard fans. And while it's not easy being (or working with) rock stars, the crazy idea and crazy people behind the Network have changed what user-generated content can be, and not just for rhythm gaming. Join Rock Band Network authors and some Harmonix staff as they look back at over two years of content and discuss the lessons they've learned, the hurdles they've faced, and what it all means for bringing more user-generated content to even more games."

I don't think its RB4.
    edited March 2012
    MostSpartan14;4661022 said:
    The description for the panel says the title will be shown on public display for the first time at the HMX booth. That seems like more than just an announcement to me. That seems like something substantial; a demo or trailer/video at the least.
    You mistook that. The history of the development of the game will be on display. They did not say a demo or what not would be on display.

And technically they didn't say that the history of the game on display will be the announced game.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    Backwards Marathon;4661026 said:
    I don't think its RB4.
    And I don't think you're even reading the right panel.

When Harmonix says they're up Saturday morning, you have to scroll past 'Friday' on the calendar.
    edited March 2012
    Backwards Marathon;4661026 said:
    "It's not just Doom and Halo maps anymore. The Rock Band Network, and the many other user-generated content platforms out there, have built up a whole world of dedicated gamers producing and selling high-quality content right inside games. Not only does user-generated content keep games alive even longer, it can make rock stars out of diehard fans. And while it's not easy being (or working with) rock stars, the crazy idea and crazy people behind the Network have changed what user-generated content can be, and not just for rhythm gaming. Join Rock Band Network authors and some Harmonix staff as they look back at over two years of content and discuss the lessons they've learned, the hurdles they've faced, and what it all means for bringing more user-generated content to even more games."

I don't think its RB4.
    That's a separate panel specifically for the rbn. It's not the hmx panel.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661011 said:
    It sucks and yes I'm one of the few that's well over it, but I don't think it'd be wise to wait 2 more years to release a new rock band.

They aren't going to hold off on it for those very few players that have "maxed out". And who knows, maybe they have a better way to handle it(instead of having to delete songs)?

If there was an option in RB3 to unload songs out of the game RAM so they would just be greyed out and not deleted out of the setlist.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    SideshowN;4661036 said:
    If there was an option in RB3 to unload songs out of the game RAM so they would just be greyed out and not deleted out of the setlist.
    Okay, feel free to explain how the game would even load them to grey them out, then.
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661033 said:

I'm kidding, I KNOW you aren't. When Harmonix says they're up Saturday morning, you have to scroll past 'Friday' on the calendar.
    What happens?
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661033 said:

I'm kidding, I KNOW you aren't. When Harmonix says they're up Saturday morning, you have to scroll past 'Friday' on the calendar.

You wont be laughing when Rock Band Network the game is released. Then I shall have the last laugh.
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661038 said:
    Okay, feel free to explain how the game would even load them to grey them out, then.
    Not in rb3 because that ship has sailed, but they could give you a list without loading any art/song previews/etc.

Maybe it could be called music manager in its own menu, so that way only people how care about(or have to) customizing their song list would have to deal with it.

It'd be something like the hide 1-lighter thing, only this way you can customize your whole list.
    edited March 2012
    Backwards Marathon;4661040 said:
    You wont be laughing when Rock Band Network the game is released. Then I shall have the last laugh.
    It won't happen. Too many legalities. Just ask gh how great their thing worked out.
  • Creeko73Creeko73 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Given the recent focus on FB dashboard I put my money on RB:FB social media interface