New title from hmx confirmed: Rock Band Blitz

Comments

• bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Backwards Marathon;4661040 said:
    You wont be laughing when Rock Band Network the game is released. Then I shall have the last laugh.
    It won't happen. Too many legalities. Just ask gh how great their thing worked out.
  • Creeko73Creeko73 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Given the recent focus on FB dashboard I put my money on RB:FB social media interface
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661030 said:
    You mistook that. The history of the development of the game will be on display. They did not say a demo or what not would be on display.

And technically they didn't say that the history of the game on display will be the announced game.

Here's what the description says:
    Join Harmonix developers as they discuss and dissect ten years of beatmatch gameplay creation, tracking their long and glorious tradition of designing music rhythm games like Frequency and Amplitude right up to the first public reveal of a brand new title! The panel will include gameplay examples from internal prototypes, honest discussion of our design process successes and failures, insight into how we create and test our games in development, and a synopsis of the design history of a title on public display for the very first time at the Harmonix booth. Q & A to follow.
    It pretty clearly (to me, at least) says that the panel will discuss, among other things, the design history of a completely new title that will be shown to the public for the first time at their booth. I don't see how you could interpret that any other way, but then again maybe I'm missing something really obvious. But I don't think so.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    That's what I thought too. It seems way too soon for a RB4 or a Dance Central 3.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661038 said:
    Okay, feel free to explain how the game would even load them to grey them out, then.
    Once your at the 2952 limit and loading new songs into the library the game would give you an option to unload previously found songs in the library to make room for new content and thus making them greyed out and not selectable.
    edited March 2012
    MostSpartan14;4661049 said:
    Here's what the description says:

It pretty clearly (to me, at least) says that the panel will discuss, among other things, the design history of a completely new title that will be shown to the public for the first time at their booth. I don't see how you could interpret that any other way, but then again maybe I'm missing something really obvious. But I don't think so.
    "Design history of a title on public display for the first time."

That does NOT say the game is on display for the first time. It says that it's the first time the are putting the design history of a title on public display.

This could be the new title they are announcing or it could be for anything they've done prior.
    edited March 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4661050 said:
    That's what I thought too. It seems way too soon for a RB4 or a Dance Central 3.
    2 years is too soon for a sequel?
    SideshowN;4661053 said:
    Once your at the 2952 limit and loading new songs into the library the game would give you an option to unload previously found songs in the library to make room for new content and thus making them greyed out and not selectable.
    Why even have it do it at that step. If there i a new rb, I think the idea of a separate music manager would be very streamlined and much more efficient. Plus it you didn't want to bother you could ignore it completely.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    [CENTER]First person shooter.[/CENTER]
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4661050 said:

Too soon? It seems like we need a new game
    edited March 2012
    samjjones;4661059 said:
    First person shooter.
    You blast evil gems with a guitar.
    edited March 2012
    I just think its a big mistake for the next Rock Band to be on the current gen hardware when the next gen more capable hardware is on the horizon. It also depends how much the next gen consoles bring to the table and if consumers are willing to make the transition quickly. I know if RB4 came out as a launch title for the next xbox with all previously offered content transferable that would be a great selling point.
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661057 said:
    "Design history of a title on public display for the first time."

That does NOT say the game is on display for the first time. It says that it's the first time the are putting the design history of a title on public display.

This could be the new title they are announcing or it could be for anything they've done prior.

You forgot the end of the sentence, "at the Harmonix booth." That completely changes the meaning of the sentence. Now it's saying, "we have this completely new game on display at our booth, and during this panel we're gonna go through it's design process with you." Once again, I have no idea how you interpreted that the way you did because it DOES say the game is on display to the public for the first time, at their booth.

And BTW, why does the English language have to be so difficult? :(
    edited March 2012
    SideshowN;4661069 said:
    I just think its a big mistake for the next Rock Band to be on the current gen hardware when the next gen more capable hardware is on the horizon. It also depends how much the next gen consoles bring to the table and if consumers are willing to make the transition quickly. I know if RB4 came out as a launch title for the next xbox with all previously offered content transferable that would be a great selling point.
    Why the **** would they wait at least another 2 years when it's been 2 already?

You need to get over your little annoyance with the song limit. They aren't going to wait just because a tiny minority might be upset.

Then you can be happy with your rb5 on the 720/ps4/etc.
    edited March 2012
    MostSpartan14;4661072 said:
    You forgot the end of the sentence, "at the Harmonix booth." That completely changes the meaning of the sentence. Now it's saying, "we have this completely new game on display at our booth, and during this panel we're gonna go through it's design process with you." Once again, I have no idea how you interpreted that the way you did.

And BTW, why does the English language have to be so difficult :(
    No, no it doesn't magically say that. It says:

"...a synopsis of the design history of A title on public display for the very first time at the Harmonix booth."

It does not say "of the new title" anywhere in there. I'm not saying it won't be, but you are jumping to conclusions.

Edit:
    Btw, I added emphasis to the important part of how I came to my conclusion. English doesn't have to be that difficult. ;)
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I think being on the current gen hardware is not a bad thing. But, I think that RB4 will need to be able to be played with both any real guitar and any real bass to be relevant. Our current pro-mode pales in comparison to Rocksmith (guitar wise) and I really have fallen in love with being able to use my own real instruments.

However, not sure where such a big change would leave us as far as all the DLC and prior disk songs. Perhaps a legacy specific mode and the real instruments for RB4 and future DLC?

Anyway, that's my personal wish for RB4...drums (since I already use a totally different edrum kit with my Ion drum brain) and keys can remain as they are, with the ability to use any real guitar and bass.
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Unless it's RB4 I don't care.

Edit: Also, rip off Rocksmith.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    SideshowN;4661053 said:
    Again, no. If the songs aren't loaded, HOW WOULD THEY SHOW UP. They would have to be loaded to show up. You know what happens when you hit 2,952 now? The rest of the songs aren't loaded. So they don't show up. Because they're not loaded. If they could gray them out, why did they possibly choose NOT to do that, and have it, say, be possible for you to select a song with yellow and pick 'Remove Song From System Cache' and then go to a grayed-out song(the magic one that loaded without being loaded) and pick 'Add Song To System Cache'?
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661093 said:
    Again, no. If the songs aren't loaded, HOW WOULD THEY SHOW UP. They would have to be loaded to show up. You know what happens when you hit 2,952 now? The rest of the songs aren't loaded. So they don't show up. Because they're not loaded. If they could gray them out, why did they possibly choose NOT to do that, and have it, say, be possible for you to select a song with yellow and pick 'Remove Song From System Cache' and then go to a grayed-out song(the magic one that loaded without being loaded) and pick 'Add Song To System Cache'?
    Right, which is why I suggested my solution of a completely separate music manager menu that loads nothing but the names of the songs on your drive.
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661081 said:
    No, no it doesn't magically say that. It says:

"...a synopsis of the design history of a title on public display for the very first time at the Harmonix booth."

It does not say "of the new title" anywhere in there. I'm not saying it won't be, but you are jumping to conclusions.

Yes it does, it says the title they're talking about is going to be shown to the public to the first time at their booth, which implies that it's new since it's the FIRST TIME IT'S BEING SHOWN.

Basically, the way you're interpreting it would be saying that the design history for whatever game it is is being shown at the booth. That doesn't make any sense. The sentence begins with, "The panel will include...". As in, they're talking about the design history during the panel, not at their booth. So why would they even have the part mentioning their booth at all?

Now do you understand why what you're saying doesn't make sense?
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661095 said:
    Right, which is why I suggested my solution of a completely separate music manager menu that loads nothing but the names of the songs on your drive.
    We've been over this before. The problem with over 3,000 songs is that NO ONE wants to scroll through 3,000 to pick and choose what to add back in.
    edited March 2012
    MostSpartan14;4661097 said:
    Yes it does, it says the title they're talking about is going to be shown to the public to the first time at their booth, which implies that it's new since it's the FIRST TIME IT'S BEING SHOWN.

Basically, the way you're interpreting it would be saying that the design history for whatever game it is is being shown at the booth. That doesn't make any sense. The sentence begins with, "The panel will include...". As in, they're talking about the design history during the panel, not at their booth. So why would they even have the part mentioning their booth at all?

Now do you understand why what you're saying doesn't make sense?
    Go back and read my edit. You still don't get how simple this is.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661099 said:
    We've been over this before. The problem with over 3,000 songs is that NO ONE wants to scroll through 3,000 to pick and choose what to add back in.

True story, I have only about 1300 songs and scrolling through them is a pain in the buttocks.
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661099 said:
    No one? I've seen quite a few people that are over the limit that want to chose what to add back in. And it wouldn't be too hard to design something that just reads a list of songs and lets you pick them. They pretty much have the first part worked out. ;)

I just like that your answer to my perfectly logical solution is that NO ONE would want it, when we have people here that say the exact opposite.

You don't always have to be so contrarian.

Edit:
    Also, like I said, this could be used optionally. And it could be used to keep you from scrolling 1300 songs each time. You could parse that to half, or whatever you want. That's why it's called the music manager.
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661100 said:
    Go back and read my edit. You still don't get how simple this is.

Go back at read my post. Saying "a" instead of "a new" doesn't make a difference at all (though at this point, it would have gotten rid of a lot of confusion) since, once again, they made it clear twice in that description that it's a new title. Like I said in my last post, if it's an old title that they're talking about why would they mention anything about their booth at the end of that sentence?
  • edited March 2012
    C'mon, guys, it's HMX.

We all know that the first reveal of any new title will not be during a planned event at a con, but rather in the background of a leaked video that HMXinsertnamehere made of himself while trying to find out how many cupcakes he can fit into his mouth right next to the testing area. ;)
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661107 said:
    No one? I've seen quite a few people that are over the limit that want to chose what to add back in.
    I never said no one wanted to choose what to load.
    And it wouldn't be too hard to design something the just reads a list of songs and lets you pick them.
    I never said it would be hard to design.

Picture this. You have 3,600 songs. Full library. EVERY TIME you start the game, you get booted to a list of ALL 3,600 songs, and if you want something added, you have to find something you're willing to delete, then find your way to what you want added. Since Rock Band loads packs as one item, you may find yourself hitting a 'You're trying to add 3 songs, but only have 2 available slots!' error when you really only want one of the pack songs to even play that time.

EVERY. TIME. Parties? That list. Solo play? That list. Quick Party Shuffle session? That list. Every time.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2012
    Just keep LinkedIn bookmarked and we should have an announcement next week
    edited March 2012
    bonethug0108;4661107 said:
    No one? I've seen quite a few people that are over the limit that want to chose what to add back in. And it wouldn't be too hard to design something that just reads a list of songs and lets you pick them. They pretty much have the first part worked out. ;)

I just like that your answer to my perfectly logical solution is that NO ONE would want it, when we have people here that say the exact opposite.

You don't always have to be so contrarian.

Edit:
    Also, like I said, this could be used optionally. And it could be used to keep you from scrolling 1300 songs each time. You could parse that to half, or whatever you want. That's why it's called the music manager.
    Whichever console RB4 comes out for(current/next gen) I'm sure Harmonix has a fix to our problem. There have been several threads about us minority 2952 limiters ranting about it so the devs should be aware.
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4661117 said:
    I never said no one wanted to choose what to load.

I never said it would be hard to design.

Picture this. You have 3,600 songs. Full library. EVERY TIME you start the game, you get booted to a list of ALL 3,600 songs, and if you want something added, you have to find something you're willing to delete, then find your way to what you want added. Since Rock Band loads packs as one item, you may find yourself hitting a 'You're trying to add 3 songs, but only have 2 available slots!' error when you really only want one of the pack songs to even play that time.

EVERY. TIME. Parties? That list. Solo play? That list. Quick Party Shuffle session? That list. Every time.
    No. That's NOT what I'm suggesting.

It's an optional thing under it's own menu. If you hit the limit it works just like in rb3. You don't go automatically to it.

It's a menu that lets you pick what you want to show up as your default every time the game loads. BUT you don't have to use it. The base system would be exactly like rb3.

But added in is a menu called music manager. This OPTIONALLY lets you customize what will show up when you go to play now.

If you don't like looking through 1300 songs each time and don't like deleting, this is perfect for you. ONE TIME you go through and set up your list to whatever you want, if you want. Then it stays like that until you want to change it.

Or you could never use it at all. Completely optional and it does NOT automatically put you in it if you're over the limit. That would work just like rb3.

Is this still confusing?
    edited March 2012
    Yes, because I again have to ask how the game can read the 700 songs you can't access specifically because it doesn't have enough memory to read them. If I let RB3 load up 2,952 songs, there's a reason it can't load more(it has no more memory to do so), so HOW would I click into a menu that magically COULD read the rest? It would HAVE to be done before the game loads anything.