HAPPY BIRTHDAY RBN! 2 years strong and still going!

HUZZAH! Today is RBN's 2nd birthday. In 2 short years, this community of authors and reviewers has managed to crank out 1,600+ songs from 800+ bands, which is nothing short of INSANE.

It's still unbelievably exciting to be part of such a novel UGC experiment, and I couldn't be more proud of the members of the RB community that have joined an authoring group, reviewed a song, contacted an artist, told a band they know, or bought an RBN track.

HMXlachesis pulled together some awesome RBN stats that you should definitely check out. Lots of cool info about output, genres and more.

Happy birthday RBN! I can't wait to see what you cook up in the coming year.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    Just two years? My lack of sleep is telling me it seems much longer than that :P

Seriously though, happy birfday RBN, and thanks Harmonix for making all this possible!
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Holy cow, 2 years goes by fast (when you're not authoring and tracking down labels)!

AYCHE TO THA APPY BIRTHDAY ARE BEE EN! And like you two posted so eloquently, thanks to HMX, the authors, labels, bands, playtesters, and community for making RBN such a cool and successful project. I've discovered so many new bands from just this section of the gaming world that I am eternally grateful for all your guys' and gals' hard work!
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations! It really is an extraordinary project. I wish a few more mainstream-ish bands would sign on. There's so much good music being released these days, and I'd like to see more of it in RB. I find it hard to criticize what does come directly from HMX, as those songs are generally great too, but there's only so many songs HMX can release. No such limits on RBN.

That said, I've found some great songs on RBN. Songs from bands I already knew - The Shins, Evanescence, Creed, Seether. Songs from bands I discovered through RBN - Band of Skulls, Jerry Naylor, Amberian Dawn, and several more. Aside from obviously downloading the songs, I've even bought CDs from a couple of bands discovered through RBN.

I can't wait to see what comes in the future!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 2012
    I'll admit that much of the music released through RBN doesn't interest me. But there are still four or five dozen songs that I like, and the RBN brought us some of my favorite artists like The Shins, Iron & Wine, OK Go, Ra Ra Riot, Band of Horses, The Trews, etc. And they did all that in only two years? Think of what they can do with another two years! Thanks RBN! May you live on for many more years.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Wait, so I released the most popular song? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03diwFt4v1r2okwqo1_400.gif

But seriously, that's a huge honor. Thanks everyone for helping support the RBN and let's continue to make fun content together!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2012
    Happy birthday RBN! Without you the guys at the somethingawful forums wouldn't have a personal dislike of anything I'm involved in. And I wouldn't have discovered iwrestledabearonce, awakening my sudden open-mindedness towards music.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    TheOzone;4660771 said:
    Wait, so I released the most popular song? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03diwFt4v1r2okwqo1_400.gif

But seriously, that's a huge honor. Thanks everyone for helping support the RBN and let's continue to make fun content together!
    Of the past year.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations to everyone involved!

I've bought close to 700 RBN releases and enjoy all of them. Keep them coming :D
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Catch-22;4660782 said:
    Of the past year.
    Yeah, at first I was wondering why Veil of Illumination (Part 2) was second longest, when Descend Into the Eternal Pits of Possession and Hundred Wrathful Deities were 9:59. That explains everything.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Congrats on the milestone. Also, I can now login to my account and post in the forums after it being broken for several months. Today is a good day!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Great! I know that the whole thing kinda slowed down, but it's still awesome to see great bands, and great songs coming through this magnificent idea.

Aaaand, the RBN2.0 songs for me are MUUUCH better than the RBN1.0 ones. If I had the money, I would get almost everything.