RBN Community Spotlight : March 2012

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Definitely buying the An Endless Sporadic songs, Impulse was chosen quite a bit on GH3 online so I remember it and the other songs if I remember correctly are GHWT/GH5 free DLC.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited March 2012
    Rise And Shine is probably the coolest Anarchy Club song I've listened to so far. Which is unfortunate, because the other 2 songs that you put up by them have awesome names and I wish I liked them more. The drums are really cool and the vocals are ok and weird, which is a definite improvement over their other RBN offerings. The guitar is also really cool too. It's weird... It's like what I would picture Mastodon to be if they were good rather than ok :I

This just in, this song does a better job at being Mastodon than Mastodon! O:

Riddle Me This has a really cool guitar track and some sick keys, but the vocals aren't too my liking. But it's really cool to listen to. In fact, these 2 tracks are going to make me revisit the other 2 Anarchy Club tracks I passed, because they might have more potential than I thought.

Or maybe I'm too hungry to think clearly :p
    edited March 2012
    Also buying the Anarchy Club songs when they come.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Cool, so you're getting the tracks Kario was working on! Awesome! I've been really looking forward to these tracks.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    machetemonkey;4661844 said:
    That's a HMX-released song, too, not RBN.

Really? I always thought it was RBN. Oh, well, I still recommend it.

So, first announcement: A while back it was announced by TriumphantBass that the piece 4'33" by John Cage would be coming, featuring absolute silence for the whole track, but then this was cancelled due to negative feedback from the community. Well, I'm proud to announce that, in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Cage's birthday, that a number of Cage's compositions will be coming to the Rock Band Network. Cage has been hailed as being ahead of his time with his experimental pieces and now you can enjoy them as they become released for the platform.

And no, 4'33" will most likely not be one of them.

Announcement 2: I said before that I would be working with industrial rock band Proventek to bring his song "Selfish" (the link is a full gameplay video), well now I will be working with him to bring the full, currently in progress album to the platform. Not only that, but a couple of his other musical projects will be coming too, so you industrial fans are sure to be pleased. While I'm on the topic, I'm also going to be bringing the full upcoming EP by Sunnyfield Lanes (I've already announced that their track "Antarctica" is coming). You can see some of previews of the tracks here.

I've got something else I need to do a little more work on before I can announce, but that shouldn't take too long.
    edited March 2012
    OH MY GOD, WHY DID YOU GET SO MY BUILT UP FOR NOTHING ASKINGNARI?!?
    I WAS LIKE YES YES YES 4'33", 4'33", 4'33" AND JUST GOT SHOT DOWN LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS :I

4'33" would be an amazing party song and would always get played when I have friends over XP

Selfish has some really awesome drums and keys, but the vocals are quite...terrible. Same with the bass. I don't see me buying it, but it does have a really cool sounding (and by the looks of it, they look really fun to play) drums and keys part.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4661880 said:
    It's already in the system (actually it should be available on next Thursday's update), but here's the next Anarchy Club track we're working on :

Rise and Shine :
    http://youtu.be/6vpDBVzF9vs

AND we're working on Riddle Me This right now!

http://youtu.be/9EEeJuY0MtU

More to come!

I <3 Anarchy Club

consider them already bought by me. also, way to stab Kario in the face for the dumbness that almost stopped AC from being on RBN :)
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4661885 said:

I think I have just made a new best friend.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    We're preparing our announcement for today. Until then, we're going to recap everything we've announced/released a video of this month in case you missed it. Each video is 1:12 long (except Humanoid, which is 1:43 and shows the full song) so those of you without much time can get a nice idea of what's coming.

Zing Experience - Faster than a Bullet (Guitar/vocals only acoustic song)
    Rocket Ship Resort - Postcard (Pop-Electronica)
    SIMPL3JACK - Lizard Wash (Grunge-y punk)
    SIMPL3JACK - Humanoid (Short, fast punk)
    Broken Equilibrium - Devour (Pure hard rock) (2x Bass Pedal shown)
    Broken Equilibrium - Separation (Soft/hard rock)
    Winter Crescent - My Last Will (6-minute prog metal) (2x Bass Pedal shown)
    Winter Crescent - Winter Crescent (3-minute prog metal) (2x Bass Pedal shown)
    Straight Outta Junior High - Dudes and Guys and Things and Stuff (Fast-paced punk-ish pop-rock)
    [URL=""]Lechuga - O Vurd
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    That storm is moving in so I'm going to go ahead and start rapid firing off posts for our announcements just to be safe. I wanted to stretch this out for the whole day, but if the power goes away, then I don't know when I can announce the remainder.

SOOOO better safe than sorry and get these out :D

So here is a band with one of the most metal names ever : Wolfcrusher and their song Skeletonizer!
    http://youtu.be/qtmx440jsGM

We're working on this now and should hit testing in the next couple weeks!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited March 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4661885 said:

cipher. did you ever listen to Mastodon?
    they sound nothing alike!!!
    edited March 2012
    jibjqrkl;4661955 said:
    cipher. did you ever listen to Mastodon?
    they sound nothing alike!!!
    I've listened to the song they have in RB2, the song from RBN, and the DLC by them. Oh and the whole Megalodon album. I was trying really really hard to like them. REALLY REALLY HARD.

The guitar in Skeletonizer is really cool, but it has screamo vocals so it has a very very slim chance of me liking it. Even Nemesis, the only screamo song I enjoy (and I effing love that song), took me an incredible amount of time to like. Like, it took me months of listening to it to get me to like it.
    edited March 2012
    Here's some returning favorites from Rock Band Network 1.0 with all new RB3 versions (including harmonies, keys, and pro drums!)

Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault! (album version)
    http://youtu.be/ym17cfcY7f0

and Ultra Saturday - Superhero (album version)
    http://youtu.be/zCoH5WidlmI
    edited March 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4661960 said:
    Oh and the whole Megalodon album.

The album containing Megalodon is called Leviathan.
    edited March 2012
    grumblevolcano;4661967 said:
    The album containing Megalodon is called Leviathan.
    It's been a while since I listened to it. Whoops :p

And I think Ultra Saturday was always a good band, but not really purchase worthy. These songs are no exception. Dawn of the Condoms is pretty cool, though.
    edited March 2012
    Next up from our partners at Season of Mist is legendary doom metal pioneers Saint Vitus.

Founded in 1978, they've been credited as one of the first doom metal bands, and have released 11 albums over the past 34 years.

We'll be bringing the track Blessed Night from their newest album Lillie: F-65, which will be released on March 27, 2012.

We're working on the track now, and it should hit testing in the next week or so. Meantime here's a live version of the song to give you a taste of what to expect (the version we're working on is a studio/album version for those curious).

http://youtu.be/WZOPUO4YBns
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    DLCquickplay;4661859 said:
    All of those songs, including Foundation* (now available on Xbox and PS3!) you can download for free at http://anunkindness.bandcamp.com

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S95mIRwoRM

"an Unkindness", also a good way to describe their Bandcamp's color scheme. >_< (And I like purple, but... man.)

Anyway. I had put down a few hints yesterday, nobody paid any attention to them, which is actually slightly appropriate for our second band. So, they get to go first. Try and follow that!

Courtesy of Bright and Barrow Records, we have: Goin' Places, a Staten Island punk trio with influences ranging from The Clash to The Mr. T Experience. There's moments of pop, hardcore, classic, just about any kind of punk out there. It's been ten years since their debut, and we're bringing two songs from their just-released sophomore album "Relationship Sneakers" to RBN. First is the title track, with plenty of poppy singalong harmonies. Second is the more Ramones-style "Nobody Gives a **** About Us", which as you can probably guess, will be censored a fair bit. In fact, it's so censored I can't actually link to it here, the forum eats the link.

The first pair of hints was supposed to allude to a bit of Swedish death metal- not exactly unheard of for RBN. It is, though, a bit of an anomaly coming from Swedish pop/electro label Despotz Records. After a little hiccup with our first planned announcement, we can now announce that we're working with them to bring you "Phoenix Down" by The Unguided! They're a more melodic metal group, and there's plenty to go with on each instrument.

And hopefully, these will just be the first of the tracks we do for each of these labels. Along with these, there's more not-quite-solidified plans for additional Redfield Records tracks to come out, so hopefully you guys like their metal/hardcore collection. His Statue Falls, Mutiny on the Bounty, Team Stereo... these are just some of the bands on Redfield. Maybe they're worth mentioning. :)
  • edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4661835 said:
    I know we have an image of being a metal group, so here's a little something that is completely opposite from our usual offerings.

Keys players...this one is for you!

Sky Pie - Wabi Sabi :
    http://youtu.be/xbn7IqfQ-pU
    Ive been waiting for a preview vid of this one. Damn, how in the hell am I supposed to play that! Thanks for the challenge SkyP1e you jerk :p
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4661966 said:
    Here's some returning favorites from Rock Band Network 1.0 with all new RB3 versions (including harmonies, keys, and pro drums!)

Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault! (album version)
    http://youtu.be/ym17cfcY7f0

and Ultra Saturday - Superhero (album version)
    http://youtu.be/zCoH5WidlmI
    Does that mean Wes isn't doing RBN anymore? Or did he just join TAG? either way I will be buying any Ultra Saturday that comes out.
    edited March 2012
    Digging the Unguided track!

Nice score Rob!
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4661977 said:
    We're working on the track now, and it should hit testing in the next week or so. Meantime here's a live version of the song to give you a taste of what to expect (the version we're working on is a studio/album version for those curious).

http://youtu.be/WZOPUO4YBns
    Wait, why are you showing the live version if you're going to use the studio version? o-o
    *looks it up on Youtube*
    Oh...that's why >_>

I really can't hear the vocals in this version, but the guitar is nice and cool. There's... not much to say. The solo is pretty nice, but I'm forgetting the song as I'm listening to it. It's probably because it's the live version. Probably I would have more to talk about in the studio version.
    edited March 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4661984 said:
    Ive been waiting for a preview vid of this one. Damn, how in the hell am I supposed to play that! Thanks for the challenge SkyP1e you jerk :p

Does that mean Wes isn't doing RBN anymore? Or did he just join TAG? either way I will be buying any Ultra Saturday that comes out.

No Wes is still doing RBN. He's just super busy with his new bands so we're helping him get these tracks (and more to be announced at a future date) into the game for him :)
    edited March 2012
    Next up is a track from electronica artist Sweethammer titled Robots.

http://youtu.be/u2BPBTiybMA

This is just the first track we're working on with Sweethammer and we'll have more to announce at a future date!
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    I can't wait to see what John Cage compositions get picked and how the heck they get charted.
    edited March 2012
    Here's an artist we announced last month, but here's the first in game look at the track.

This is Adonai from French artists ETHS. This track is from their upcoming album III releasing later this spring from Season of Mist!

This is from an earlier build of the song and I'm sure you'll notice the singer isn't animating properly (it's since been fixed) :
    http://youtu.be/Jw-dQQ-va5c
    edited March 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4661980 said:
    "an Unkindness", also a good way to describe their Bandcamp's color scheme. >_< (And I like purple, but... man.)

Anyway. I had put down a few hints yesterday, nobody paid any attention to them, which is actually slightly appropriate for our second band. So, they get to go first. Try and follow that!

Courtesy of Bright and Barrow Records, we have: Goin' Places, a Staten Island punk trio with influences ranging from The Clash to The Mr. T Experience. There's moments of pop, hardcore, classic, just about any kind of punk out there. It's been ten years since their debut, and we're bringing two songs from their just-released sophomore album "Relationship Sneakers" to RBN. First is the title track, with plenty of poppy singalong harmonies. Second is the more Ramones-style "Nobody Gives a **** About Us", which as you can probably guess, will be censored a fair bit. In fact, it's so censored I can't actually link to it here, the forum eats the link.

The first pair of hints was supposed to allude to a bit of Swedish death metal- not exactly unheard of for RBN. It is, though, a bit of an anomaly coming from Swedish pop/electro label Despotz Records. After a little hiccup with our first planned announcement, we can now announce that we're working with them to bring you "Phoenix Down" by The Unguided! They're a more melodic metal group, and there's plenty to go with on each instrument.

And hopefully, these will just be the first of the tracks we do for each of these labels. Along with these, there's more not-quite-solidified plans for additional Redfield Records tracks to come out, so hopefully you guys like their metal/hardcore collection. His Statue Falls, Mutiny on the Bounty, Team Stereo... these are just some of the bands on Redfield. Maybe they're worth mentioning. :)
    Relationship Sneakers: I can definitely feel The Ramones in here, except with a vocalist that isn't all weird. The lyrics are also a lot of fun. The WHOA OH OHs are really sweet for adding variety and this song is definitely super col. Instruments are fun, vocals are fun... this looks like it'll be on my list of to buys! :)

Nobody Gives A **** About Us: The vocals are definitely not as cool as Relationship Sneakers. The instruments aren't as noticeably awesome either, except for the guitar at some parts. Just doesn't stick out as much as Relationship Sneakers.

Phoenix Down: Starts off EXTREMELY awesome. The instruments are INCREDIBLE, the vocals are AWESOME, the screamo harmonies ADD TO THE SONG, the song is just AMAZING as a whole. THIS IS HOW IT WORKS, PEOPLE! VARIETY SPRINKLED EVERYWHERE AND IT'S ONLY IN THE FIRST MINUTE OF THE SONG! BEST SONG OF THE THREAD RIGHT HERE!
  • ToiJu_ToiJu_ Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4661980 said:
    Hell yeah! I hope this isn't the only song coming from them. The whole Hell Frost album would be cool. They are a quite perfect band for Rock Band. Lots of keyboards, great guitarwork, harmonies in form of mix of growl and clean vocals, and the drums sound like a great mix of fun and challenge which i like.
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4662001 said:
    Next up is a track from electronica artist Sweethammer titled Robots.

http://youtu.be/u2BPBTiybMA

This is just the first track we're working on with Sweethammer and we'll have more to announce at a future date!
    Robots: The guitar in this song is AMAZING. The drums are also AMAZING. Lack of vocals makes it take a hit, but the song's instruments are very very fun and sound like they would be very fun to play. I don't think it would be as awesome as Airbrushed, but it looks a lot better than the VVVVV tracks.
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4662007 said:
    Here's an artist we announced last month, but here's the first in game look at the track.

This is Adonai from French artists ETHS. This track is from their upcoming album III releasing later this spring from Season of Mist!

This is from an earlier build of the song and I'm sure you'll notice the singer isn't animating properly (it's since been fixed) :
    http://youtu.be/Jw-dQQ-va5c
    Adonai: :I
    Vocals are mostly screamo and a completely different language. There's probably no way I'll buy it.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Second announcement of the day.

We at Alt-Strum Productions are excited to announce that we'll be working with Panic & Action Records to bring two of their artists to the Rock Band Network.

The first artist up is Swedish post hardcore act, Her Bright Skies, with their latest single, "Ghosts of the Attic".

"At a time when more bands have developed a healthy disregard for the boundaries connected with musical categorization, we are struck with a new affliction: genre bewilderment. What the hell do all those genres mean?

Her Bright Skies have developed a distinctly modern sound, with piercing melodies, emotive vocals and an ever-rising tidal wave of fans - all on their own terms.

'Causing a Scene' displays a band which has purified its sacred mission to carry your ass into a world where music is first and foremost a party – not psychoanalysis. With both feet firmly entrenched in the American tradition of melodic punk, pop and metal, Her Bright Skies have developed a way to lift themselves out of small town boredom all the while creating their own niche: energetic rock conveyed with a touch of that indefinable, Nordic sound. The cockiness and the musical language is American, but the accent is perfectly Swedish.
    The flames have started rising again. Her Bright Skies fuels the fire."

Click here to check out the track, and make sure you check these guys out on Facebook if you like what you hear!
    http://www.facebook.com/hbsofficial

The second Panic & Action Records band we'll be bringing is the Swedish metalcore act, Adept. Their two singles, "The Lost Boys" and "The Ivory Tower", are both off their latest album Death Dealers, released in March of 2011.

"From a country with an existing and strong metal identity the young innovators - the band's mode age is still only 23 – Adept have taken Swedish fans and metal itself into the future. Since the early days, the sound has tightened as their pool of influence has broadened incorporating and weaving in elements of modern US hardcore, new British metal, post-hardcore and Sweden's own metal-scene

While many bands are delivering formulaic post-metalcore with heavy verses and pop choruses, Adept have a clear vision of that while at the cutting-edge, is unsullied by ephemeral trends.
    And it's working. Europe has already woken up to the band: mainstage performances at Sonisphere and Metaltown in Sweden, as well as performances Pukkelpop, Graspop, Summer Breeze, Nova Rock, Vainstream and many more in Belgium, Germany, Holland etc all proving the band deserve big stages. Further travel has taken the band as far a field as Russia, and all over Europe supporting the likes of Bring Me The Horizon, A Day To Remember, Architects, Raised Fist, Caliban and Underoath. In December 2011 the band is embarking on their first headline tour on the new Death Dealers album, The Lost Boys Tour together with More Than A Thousand and Walking With Strangers.

Most heavy metal cloaks itself in darkness, albeit panto-esque and corny. But Adept have combine worldly observation, insightful cynicism with overriding philanthropy and positivity: not only is the music driving and energetic but the sentiments carried within reflect the bands upbeat demeanours.

"On 'Another Year of Disaster' band wrote about things they experienced themselves, but on the new album 'Death Dealers' is more more about observations: watching other people live their lives - without being judgemental - and giving an opinion.

So as the band continue to take their heavy and brutal party-core metal to the masses, they're determined to never lose sight of why the band exists and what the band stands for."

Remember, you can hear the tracks "The Lost Boys" and "The Ivory Tower" by clicking on the links. And if you like what you hear, follow them on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adept/50485230781
    http://www.panicandaction.com/

Make sure you stay tuned to the thread, as later in the day we'll be making a HUGE announcement that will be sure to get you guys excited!
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Make sure you stay tuned to the thread, as later in the day we'll be making a HUGE announcement that will be sure to get you guys excited!
    Punch and pie?
  • edited March 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4662009 said:

Phoenix Down: Starts off EXTREMELY awesome. The instruments are INCREDIBLE, the vocals are AWESOME, the screamo harmonies ADD TO THE SONG, the song is just AMAZING as a whole. THIS IS HOW IT WORKS, PEOPLE! VARIETY SPRINKLED EVERYWHERE AND IT'S ONLY IN THE FIRST MINUTE OF THE SONG! BEST SONG OF THE THREAD RIGHT HERE!

Funny how much our tastes differ, because I think the Unguided track sounds incredibly generic, especially as soon as the dime a dozen screamo vocals kick in. Don't get me wrong, I love a good death metal growl, but screamo just doesn't do it for me, nor does this track.

There's been some really fun stuff announced in the thread so far, though. More An Unkindness and Anarchy Club tracks are very welcome, and the Lechuga instrumental is very cool as well.