Your most wanted Rock Band song?

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited April 2012 in Rock Band
Hey gang (and yes I know this seems like Ultimate setlist material, but it's NOT, so just bear with me here), so at TAG we're always looking for new and exciting ways to help Rock Band grow and get more of the music we all love into the game.

Now having said that we're working on something now, that if everything falls into place will go along ways towards getting us those bands that have been 'left behind' by the current state of the franchise.

As we all know Harmonix has to stick to the big bands and their known hits to make sure what they're doing keeps the franchise afloat, and Rock Band Network mostly deals with the bands that are up and coming and mostly unknown (outside of some more well known bands here and there of course).

So we have this entire middle level of bands that are just being left out now. Bands that are too big for Rock Band Network, but too small for Harmonix to take a risk on.

So we're doing something to POSSIBLY rectify this, and this is where you guys come in.

Give us your most wanted song from a band that falls into this category. Obviously don't go and say something crazy like Pink Floyd, or Led Zep (or bands that we know haven't been in the game for various reasons like Van Halen, etc).

Examples would be Alter Bridge, Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu, Chevelle, Red, In Flames, Papa Roach, Killswitch Engage, The Exies, Static X, etc.

We're trying to get a database together of the top ten most wanted songs from bands that meet this criteria.

So list your top 3 songs that you want (and would do 'anything' to get them in the game), and we'll compile an overall top ten from there.

Hopefully we'll be able to reveal what we're up to soon (as soon as the mothership gives us clearance to move forward), but until then know that we're working on something pretty big for all of you!

Comments

• jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I sincerely doubt they'd make your Top 10, but I would die for some of The Roots in Rock Band. If there were EVER going to be a hip-hop act in Rock Band, I would have thought THEY'D be it.

The Roots: "You Got Me" (feat. Erykah Badu & Eve)
    The Roots: "Don't Say Nuthin'"
    The Roots: "Break You Off" (feat. Musiq Soulchild)

EDIT: Changed songs to what would probably sell best in Rock band
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Impossible to boil it down to three "most wanted," but here are three little tunes from artists that either are or were on big labels and would probably never get into the game otherwise. I'd love to have all of them.

Planet P Project - "Why Me?"
    Diesel - "Sausalito Summernight"
    Alan Parsons - "More Lost without You"
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    mmmm I have to pick 3 songs... how can I chose only 3 Ayreon songs :(

Ayreon - Newborn Race
    Ayreon - Day 16: Loser
    Ayreon - The Garden of Emotions
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited March 2012
    I'm getting mixed messages on what would be considered "crazy", so I'll just put my top 3 most wanted songs.
    "Brick by Boring Brick" by Paramore
    "Ignorance" by Paramore
    "The Only Exception" by Paramore
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    Crazy would be the bands that we know don't want anything to come to the game. Like Floyd, Zep, Prince, etc.

Bands that are known and popular, but aren't mega popular are what we're looking for here.

So if there's a band that is extremely well known and most likely would be released as official DLC, then that's not what we're looking for.

Hope that helps!
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4666868 said:

So if there's a band that is extremely well known and most likely would be released as official DLC, then that's not what we're looking for.

Sooo... have all of the bands named so far fit?
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Mutemath 3-pack

Chaos
    Break the Same
    Blood Pressure

We already got 2 songs as regular DLC, maybe we should get more!
    edited March 2012
    Yeah so far the bands listed fit that criteria. Bands that have a following, but aren't mega bands like Nickelback, etc.

Just because a band was released as official HMX DLC two or three years ago doesn't exclude it.

Rock Band is in a very different place now than it was two years ago.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Black Label Society - Stillborn
    Buckethead - Soothsayer
    Corrosion of Conformity - Clean My Wounds

I'll go with those three because I think my real top three are too big? (Ted Nugent - Fred Bear, Dire Straits - Money for Nothing, Billy Currinngton- Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer). If not replace those above.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    The least you guys could do is mix it up some and pick more than one band :)

Alter Bridge - "Blackbird"
    Black Veil Brides - "Knives and Pens"
    Five Finger Death Punch - "The Bleeding"

Isn't Alter Bridge out of the question though since they're on Roadrunner?
  • Aron20Aron20 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Rise Against - Paper Wings
    Rise Against - Drones
    Rise Against - Everchanging

3 deeper cuts by Rise Against.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    the first band that pops to my mind that seems to fit this description is Nada Surf

Nada Surf - "Always Love"
    Nada Surf - "In The Mirror"
    Nada Surf - "Do It Again"
    Nada Surf - "I Like What You Say"
    Nada Surf - "Happy Kid"
    Nada Surf - "Fruit Fly"

another slightly more obscure one would be the scottish band Idlewild

Idlewild - "American English" especially, but pretty much anything off The Remote Part or 100 Broken Windows
    edited March 2012
    As an addendum I suppose you could pick a deep cut from a big band that you know Harmonix wouldn't go for.

So the band could be big enough for Harmonix, but it isn't their BIG hit so you can most likely assume they would never bring it to the game.

And yeah I'd say Money for Nothing is a song that Harmonix would get at some point.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Art Of Dying-Die trying (this song would be AWESOME for RBN) check it out
    The Union underground-revolution man
    Skillet-Awake and alive
    At War- f***adafie
    Accept-Balls to the wall
    Venom-Black Metal
    Mercyful Fate-Curse of the pharaohs
    Fotsam and Jetsam-No place for disgrace
    Saliva-rest in pieces
    Thousand Foot Crutch-Move
    Seether-fallen
    Krokus-headhunter
    Slaughter-Up all night
    Autograph-Turn up the radio
    Aldo Nova-Fantasy
    Triumph-lay it on the line

Sorry the wheels really started turnin and I just couldnt stop
  • Zion's DrifterZion's Drifter Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I would love to anything from The Verve Pipe or Tonic
    Hero-The Verve Pipe
    Freshman-The Verve Pipe
    Open Up your Eyes-Tonic
    If You Could Only See-Tonic
  • simao76simao76 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Mercyful Fate 3 pack:
    Evil
    Curse of The Pharaohs
    Into The Coven

They re-recorded this songs for GH: Metallica, but only "Evil" ended up being used in the game, so the masters are probably easy to obtain.
    A promotional single with the re-recordings was released by their label "Metal Blade"
  • CamoTCCamoTC Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Dinosaur Jr. - Little Fury Things
    Built to Spill - Car
    Modest Mouse - Doin' the Cockroach

All from albums released on independent labels. Really I'd take anything from all three of these artists, but I chose one of the more likely songs from each.
  • edited March 2012
    Ayreon - Day 16: Loser
    Kamelot - March of Mephisto
    Opeth - A Fair Judgment
    edited March 2012
    Oh and for the record these don't have to be limited to indie or small labels.

You can include stuff from the 'big 4' Sony, Warner, Universal, EMI, etc...
  • CamoTCCamoTC Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4666909 said:
    Oh and for the record these don't have to be limited to indie or small labels.

You can include stuff from the 'big 4' Sony, Warner, Universal, EMI, etc...

My list remains unchanged. All great bands.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    #1 band that comes to mind for me is Iced Earth, preferably something from the Dark Saga or Something Wicked This way comes. Besides the epic trilogy of songs that end both of these albums, Burning Times off of Something Wicked would be my #1 choice.

#2 would be Testament. We've seen them appear in both RBN and RB proper. I'd love more stuff from Formation of Damnnation, The Gathering, or even some of the re-recorded stuff they've done in the last decade (just like the re-record of Souls of Black used for RB2)

#3 would be John Bush era Anthrax. Some of the most overlooked kick ass metal from the 90's. In my opinion, it was simply a case of wrong place at the wrong time. If I remember correctly, the band has 100% ownership rights to the masters and songs from when they split with the label.
  • gunner07gunner07 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    "Burning House of Love" by X
    "Kiss Me Deadly" by Lita Ford
    "White Lines (Don't Do It)" by Duran Duran

Picking just three's tough, but I feel like these are the songs I've always wanted to see come to the platform.
  • edited March 2012
    Modest Mouse - The View
    The Sounds - Hit Me
    Franz Ferdinand - 40'
  • NitramJohnNitramJohn Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    I've gone for a few of my 80's favourites that, maybe, harmonix consider won't sell enough

Gypsy Road - Cinderella
    Rock me - Great White
    Rock the Night - Europe

My Deeper Cut (non 80's)

These Colours Don't Run - Iron Maiden
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    not my favorite band by far but would be fun in rock band

Pulp

- common people
    - disco 2000
    - like a friend
  • old-dogold-dog Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I'm all for your first example, Alter Bridge!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2012
    Three that come to mind for me are

Rusted Root - Send Me On My Way (great song that was in a ton of movies in the mid to late 90s, seems to be fairly easily gettable, a lot of people would have an "oh that song" moment)

Icon For Hire - Make A Move (great band, reminds me of if Paramore and Flyleaf had a baby)

Buckethead - any song (seems pretty gettable, I know he was supposed to come via another RBN studio...we all know what happened to that)
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Children of Bodom - Downfall
    In Flames - Come Clarity
    Kamelot - March of Mephisto
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    It has to be Cult of Personality... or just about any songs from Alter Bridge