Pop Band (The One You Love to Hate).

SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
[CENTER]Alright, so I'm going to be completely honest, I just came up with this in a few hours to kill time. We listen to The Blend at my work and I pondered it on a slow day figuring, "hey, this might be fun to do." So I hear a lot of these songs on a daily basis. And this is the result of that pondering. I felt like the structure could be something similar to Band Hero, in that it was a compilation of 65 pop songs. Enjoy.

[CENTER]Pop Band
(65 songs)

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[LIST]
[*]Adele – Rolling in the Deep (R&B / Soul / Funk, 2011)
[*]B.o.B. (ft. Bruno Mars) – Nothin’ on You (Hip Hop / Rap, 2010)
[*]Bananarama – Venus (Pop / Rock, 1986)
[*]Belinda Carlisle – Heaven is a Place on Earth (Pop / Rock, 1987)
[*]Beyonc

Comments

• Anton_96Anton_96 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4667714 said:
    • Adele – Rolling in the Deep (R&B / Soul / Funk, 2011)
    • Cee Lo Green – Forget You (R&B / Soul / Funk, 2010)
    • Coldplay – Paradise (Alternative, 2011)
    • Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over (Pop / Rock, 1985)
    • Duran Duran –The Reflex (New Wave, 1984)
    • The Fray – How to Save a Life (Pop / Rock, 2005)
    • Genesis – In Too Deep (Pop / Rock, 1986)
    • George Michael – Faith (Pop / Rock, 1987)
    • Goo Goo Dolls – Iris (Pop / Rock, 1998)
    • Jason Mraz – I’m Yours (Pop / Rock, 2008)
    • Michael Jackson – Beat It (Pop / Rock, 1982)
    • Muse – Starlight (Alternative, 2006)
    • Owl City – Fireflies (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 2009)
    • Paramore – Ignorance (Pop / Rock, 2009)
    • Phil Collins – Sussudio (Pop / Rock, 1985)
    • Plain White T’s – Hey There Delilah (Pop / Rock, 2006)
    • Prince – Kiss (Pop / Rock, 1986)
    • Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl (Pop / Rock, 1981)
    • Ricky Martin – Livin’ La Vida Loca (Pop / Rock, 1999)
    • Santana (ft. Rob Thomas) – Smooth (Rock, 1999)
    • Train – Hey, Soul Sister (Pop / Rock, 2009)
    • Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (R&B / Soul / Funk, 1987)
    Not gonna lie, I'd buy all these without even thinking twice.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2012
    I'd probably use Drops of Jupiter instead of Hey, Soul Sister, but that's a pretty solid list.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    LoopyChew;4667799 said:
    I'd probably use Drops of Jupiter instead of Hey, Soul Sister, but that's a pretty solid list.
    Personally, I don't really care for the band so I don't know much of them outside Hey, Soul Sister and that San Fransisco song.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4667714 said:

• Cee Lo Green – Forget You (R&B / Soul / Funk, 2010)
    • Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (New Wave, 1984)
    • Genesis – In Too Deep (Pop / Rock, 1986)
    • Gnarles Barkley – Crazy (Hip Hop / Rap, 2006)
    • Hall & Oates – Kiss on My List (Pop / Rock, 1981)
    • Michael Jackson – Beat It (Pop / Rock, 1982)
    • Phil Collins – Sussudio (Pop / Rock, 1985)
    • Rod Stewart – Young Turks (Classic Rock, 1982)
    • Spice Girls – Wannabe (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 1996)

Would download these songs as DLC for the lulz as well as getting some remedial songs so people woun't complain about me only having high tiered Metal songs they've never heard of as DLC.
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4668618 said:
    Personally, I don't really care for the band so I don't know much of them outside Hey, Soul Sister and that San Fransisco song.

Believe me, you know Drops of Jupiter. That's the only Train song I know, too, but you wanted their best-known song? I guarantee you it's that.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited March 2012
    B.o.B. (ft. Bruno Mars) – Nothin’ on You (Hip Hop / Rap, 2010)
    Belinda Carlisle – Heaven is a Place on Earth (Pop / Rock, 1987)
    Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get it Started (Hip Hop / Rap, 2004)
    Britney Spears - …Baby One More Time (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 1999)
    Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do it For You (Rock, 1991)
    Cee Lo Green – Forget You (R&B / Soul / Funk, 2010)
    Cher – Believe (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 1999)
    Cobra Starship – Good Girls Gone Bad (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 2009)
    Coldplay – Paradise (Alternative, 2011)
    Enrique Iglesias – Be With You (Pop / Rock, 2000)
    The Fray – How to Save a Life (Pop / Rock, 2005)
    Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (New Wave, 1984)
    Gnarles Barkley – Crazy (Hip Hop / Rap, 2006)
    Goo Goo Dolls – Iris (Pop / Rock, 1998)
    Jack Johnson – Upside Down (Pop Rock, 2006)
    James Blunt – You’re Beautiful (Pop / Rock, 2006)
    John Mayer – Say (Pop / Rock, 2007)
    M.I.A. – Paper Planes (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 2007)
    Maroon 5 (ft. Christina Agulara) – Moves Like Jagger (Pop / Rock, 2010)
    Matchbox Twenty – 3AM (Alternative, 1996)
    Michael Jackson – Beat It (Pop / Rock, 1982)
    OneRepublic – Good Life (Pop / Rock, 2010)
    Outkast – Hey Ya! (Hip Hop / Rap, 2004)
    Owl City – Fireflies (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 2009)
    Paramore – Ignorance (Pop / Rock, 2009)
    Plain White T’s – Hey There Delilah (Pop / Rock, 2006)
    Rick Astley – Together Forever (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 1987)
    Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl (Pop / Rock, 1981)
    Ricky Martin – Livin’ La Vida Loca (Pop / Rock, 1999)
    Santana (ft. Rob Thomas) – Smooth (Rock, 1999)
    Spice Girls – Wannabe (Pop / Dance / Electronic, 1996)
    Train – Hey, Soul Sister (Pop / Rock, 2009)

This is my list of songs I'd cherry pick, but I'd buy the whole thing if I had to. Also, I'd rather **** You than Forget You, but there is no way.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    crash13;4668826 said:
    Also, I'd rather **** You than Forget You, but there is no way.
    I think you missed a word here.

I pray you missed a word here. :)

As for the game and the track list, shoot, I'd buy. For Rod Stewart I'd suggest "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" in place of "Young Turks," and I wouldn't mind a little more '60s pop and disco, even if it means some Band Hero repeats like "Happy Together" and "YMCA."
    edited March 2012
    crash13;4668826 said:

This is my list of songs I'd cherry pick, but I'd buy the whole thing if I had to. Also, I'd rather **** You than Forget You, but there is no way.
    I'm not that kind of girl :(
    FujiSkunk;4669020 said:

As for the game and the track list, shoot, I'd buy. For Rod Stewart I'd suggest "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" in place of "Young Turks," and I wouldn't mind a little more '60s pop and disco, even if it means some Band Hero repeats like "Happy Together" and "YMCA."
    I was sort of going off of what I hear often at work, but then again who ever DJ's The Blend probably only has eight records on hand at a time... In hindsight, after I posted this, disco probably would fit in pretty well.
    LoopyChew;4668817 said:
    Believe me, you know Drops of Jupiter. That's the only Train song I know, too, but you wanted their best-known song? I guarantee you it's that.
    Oh. Dat. Song.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Ctrl+F "Miley Cyrus" = No Results

Seriously? How is Party in the USA not on this list?! For shame.

I think I counted 14 of those songs I'd totally buy if they were real DLC. Most of the songs I probably wouldn't mind if they were on-disc for a game, but wouldn't go out of my way to get them.
  • blz0629blz0629 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Okay...so The Fray and Owl City are both two good pop artists that should be in rb, but what about the total boy bands (PS. NOBODY reply with Big Time Rush *shudders*).

No, I'm talking about NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, even Aaron Carter (okay, maybe not the middle one), but you get the idea. And if I hear a song by Adele or Kelly Clarkson go on rb, I dont know what i'll do. I know, I know smh. lol
    edited March 2012
    crash13;4668826 said:
    I'd rather **** You than Forget You, but there is no way.
    FujiSkunk;4669020 said:
    I think you missed a word here.

I pray you missed a word here. :)

Either that or he's quoting a Soundgarden or Nine Inch Nails song that uses part of that phrase in the refrain.
    edited March 2012
    blz0629;4672185 said:
    Okay...so The Fray and Owl City are both two good pop artists that should be in rb, but what about the total boy bands (PS. NOBODY reply with Big Time Rush *shudders*).

No, I'm talking about NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, even Aaron Carter (okay, maybe not the middle one), but you get the idea. And if I hear a song by Adele or Kelly Clarkson go on rb, I dont know what i'll do. I know, I know smh. lol
    http://www.rockband.com/songs/missindependent
    Problem, bro?
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4671553 said:
    Oh. Dat. Song.

Yeah. Told you.

Also, "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter and "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. That ups the Songs That Make LoopyChew Go Crazy But He Suggested Them count to three.
  • boogeyman79boogeyman79 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I'm ashamed to say I would buy quite a few of those if they were DLC. Most of them for the nostalgia factor, but some I really like.
    edited March 2012
    Oh hey, neat! Smooth is DLC now. :D
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4675597 said:
    Oh hey, neat! Smooth is DLC now. :D
    Quick, make a "Black Metal Band" thread and a "Prog Band" thread. We might get a black metal song or a prog song as Rock Band DLC this way. ;)
    edited March 2012
    darkwinterbeast8;4676887 said:
    Quick, make a "Black Metal Band" thread and a "Prog Band" thread. We might get a black metal song or a prog song as Rock Band DLC this way. ;)
    No.. I think I will make Pop Band 2 and it will be all Justin Bieber songs, because I'm spiteful like that. c:
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2012
    I would've preferred it to be a little more 80s heavy and include artists like B-52s, Wang Chung, The Buggles and many other one-hit wonders.

It's alright though but I probably would only buy like 3 or 4 songs. blz0629 is right though: If you were going to make a pop setlist it would've been important to add 90s boy bands. I'll add that 60s and 70s bubblegum or even some doo wop should be added too.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Now that "Smooth" is DLC, how about replacing it with this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWkMsqjFIXg
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    [QUOTE=Skittles;4667714]

[LIST]
    [*]Adele – Rolling in the Deep (R&B / Soul / Funk, 2011)
    [*]B.o.B. (ft. Bruno Mars) – Nothin’ on You (Hip Hop / Rap, 2010)
    [*]Bananarama – Venus (Pop / Rock, 1986)
    [*]Belinda Carlisle – Heaven is a Place on Earth (Pop / Rock, 1987)
    [*]Beyonc
    edited March 2012
    Scythemaster 37;4678502 said:

Also: "There is a light from a HIgher window shining down on me and"/"Come on get higher, loosen my lips, strength and desire at the swing of your"/"Bring me a higher love, brr-ING me a higher love"

Sirius XM, the blend, the bleeeeennd
    Crap on a cat in a hat. -_-
    Luckily we had the radio turned off today.
  • jake1938jake1938 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    There's a bunch of songs that I'd want on that list, but the fact that it doesn't have any 60's or 70's songs is not very appealing.
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4678589 said:
    Crap on a cat in a hat. -_-
    Luckily we had the radio turned off today.

At my work, if it's not The Blend then it's one of two country stations, so I'm happy to hear the blend. I just wish they would mix it up a little bit. Although it's a good bit of songs, they never seem to change. It's sad when I know that they've added a song to the mix ("Hips Don't Lie" is the newest addition).

It's also sad that Adele has like 3 songs on there & Maroon 5 have like 6, but Lady Gaga only has 1 :(
    edited March 2012
    Scythemaster 37;4687383 said:
    At my work, if it's not The Blend then it's one of two country stations, so I'm happy to hear the blend. I just wish they would mix it up a little bit. Although it's a good bit of songs, they never seem to change. It's sad when I know that they've added a song to the mix ("Hips Don't Lie" is the newest addition).

It's also sad that Adele has like 3 songs on there & Maroon 5 have like 6, but Lady Gaga only has 1 :(
    And like, three 80's songs. The Blend has probably the laziest DJs I've ever heard, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just on an iTunes playlist they left playing in a loop. You'd think that something as premium as satellite radio would have a little more attention to detail.
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4687404 said:
    And like, three 80's songs. The Blend has probably the laziest DJs I've ever heard, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just on an iTunes playlist they left playing in a loop. You'd think that something as premium as satellite radio would have a little more attention to detail.

Yeah. If they'd at least take requests from random people that aren't at work and are listening to the radio station for some reason, that'd make it better.

There are quite a few 80s songs. I know they play a lot of Whitney Houston, a couple of Hall & Oates, I think one Stevie Wonder song, "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang, "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul, a couple of Billy Joel songs, ect.

But yeah. I think it's someone's iPod just sitting on loop & shuffle. I don't think I've ever heard a spokesperson or anything though. Just lots of different renditions of an auto-tuned, harmonized a capella "The Blend".
    edited March 2012
    Scythemaster 37;4687412 said:
    Yeah. If they'd at least take requests from random people that aren't at work and are listening to the radio station for some reason, that'd make it better.

There are quite a few 80s songs. I know they play a lot of Whitney Houston, a couple of Hall & Oates, I think one Stevie Wonder song, "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang, "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul, a couple of Billy Joel songs, ect.

But yeah. I think it's someone's iPod just sitting on loop & shuffle. I don't think I've ever heard a spokesperson or anything though. Just lots of different renditions of an auto-tuned, harmonized a capella "The Blend".
    I think they only really started playing more Whitney after she died, because I remember only hearing How Will I Know before that. There was one time where I heard Chris Isaak "DJ-ing," although I'm sure it was pre-recorded, as we heard his cover of Only the Lonely three times in the same hour.
    edited March 2012
    Skittles;4687420 said:
    I think they only really started playing more Whitney after she died, because I remember only hearing How Will I Know before that. There was one time where I heard Chris Isaak "DJ-ing," although I'm sure it was pre-recorded, as we heard his cover of Only the Lonely three times in the same hour.

I think I remember something where the fat cat lady from Britain's Got Talent was DJ-ing too.
    edited April 2012
    Jessies Girl was announced for Rock Band Blitz. I must be psychic :D