RBN DLC Discussion: 3/8/2012 (Xbox), 3/13/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited March 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 3/8/2012

Indie Rock
Giraffes? Giraffes! - "I am S/H(im)e[r] as You am S/H(im)e[r] as You are Me and We am I and I are All Our Together" (80 MSP)
Mind the Gap - "Twitter Twatter" (80 MSP)

Metal
A Lie to Live By - "We Actually Do This Thing Where We Drop the First String" (80 MSP)
Alestorm - "Back Through Time" (160 MSP)
Anarchy Club - "Rise and Shine" (80 MSP)
Brutal Assault - "No War" (160 MSP)
Claire St. Link - "The Panic Range" (80 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Color Your World" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Color Your World (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "The Greys" (160 MSP)
Engel - "Sense the Fire" (160 MSP)
Forbidden - "Omega Wave (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Gnostic - "Visceral" (160 MSP)
Gnostic - "Visceral (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Lucy Seven - "Liberation" (160 MSP)
Strikken - "Forever in Lies" (80 MSP)
The Faceless - "XenoChrist (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying - "Kitty Fight Song" (80 MSP)

Punk
Left Spine Down - "Welcome to the Future" (80 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk
Rachel Lynn Sebastian and DJ Jounce - "I Gotchu Babe" (160 MSP)

Rock
Roman Klun - "Stairs on the Hill" (160 MSP)
Rosemary's Garden - "The Jack" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/13/2012 (North America) and Wednesday, 3/14/2012 (Europe)

Pythia - "Heartless" ($1.99) - Metal
Quartered - "Eternity Below" ($0.99) - Rock
Jaron and the Long Road to Love - "Pray For You" ($1.99) - Country
Big Kenny - "Happy People" ($0.99) - Country
Kylie D. Hart - "Leave Me Be" ($0.99) - Country

Comments

• intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Country for me!!! :D Yee-Haw
  • primusumirpprimusumirp Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    "Heartless" and "Leave Me Be" for me this week. It's nice to see other genres than Metal/Rock presented on PS3 RBN, even though I'm not a huge country music fan.
  • edited March 2012
    On the Xbox side of things, I have to say I'm really digging the Alestorm, Engel, Anarchy Club, Devin Townsend and Giraffes? Giraffes! tracks. Hope they'll all get PS3 ports.
  • edited March 2012
    Der_Lex;4667966 said:
    Contradictio in terminis. ;)

Aw, don't be like that. It's a neat song.

Free your mind and the rest will follow :)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Der_Lex;4667966 said:
    Contradictio in terminis. ;)

It's for charity, man, c'mon! :P
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4667970 said:
    Aw, don't be like that. It's is a neat song.

Agreed. The RBN needs to expand itself from its metalcore/extreme metal dominance, anyway.
  • edited March 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4667970 said:
    Aw, don't be like that. It's is a neat song.

FairwoodStudios;4667971 said:
    It's for charity, man, c'mon! :P

No offense, but if you're not into country, this isn't a song that'll change your mind. That being said, if you're a country fan, I can see why this would be a must buy, especially if it's for charity... so I definitely urge people more tolerant of the genre than I to pick it up. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Gahhh.
    Two people managed to quote me before I fixed my error. Thanks for making me look stupid guys.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited March 2012
    Tee hee, you look stupid :p
    I listened to a handful of songs (the ones with cool names) on both sides... and nothing really for me.

If only Omega Wave was a tiny bit good, I would jump all over it. It's such an awesome name.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Better than the regular dlc (if TDG is actually this weeks dlc).
    Keep the PS3 variety coming!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Alestorm is so awesome I'm buying it even though I probably will never be able to play it worth a damn on anything. Also probably getting Dance for the Dying since I have all the others so far and they're good enough, same deal for Anarchy Club. The demo for Twitter Twatter was surprisingly fun on drums so might get that too.

To the PS3 people, I don't like country but I have all 3 of those country songs. If you want something with really amusing sarcastic lyrics, get Pray For You. Happy People is just, well.... happy. It always makes me grin.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2012
    Grabbed the Devin Townsend songs, the Giraffes? Giraffes! one, and "Back Through Time" (which has the honor of being my 1000th song, excluding RB3 and exports).
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    ziltoid is finally completed with this week's releases. everyone whose been waiting over a year since it was announced, there you go! you can now play the album start to finish while ziltoid makes fun of you.
  • edited March 2012
    Zemanator;4668041 said:
    ziltoid is finally completed with this week's releases. everyone whose been waiting over a year since it was announced, there you go! you can now play the album start to finish while ziltoid makes fun of you.

It's a shame the album started in the RBN1.0 days so we don't have keys on any tracks (and the PS3 will never have ZTO), but the songs are awesome enough for me to buy them exclusively for drums. I'm eagerly awaiting the moment when my new drum kit comes in so I can play Hyperdrive.
    edited March 2012
    What is Ziltoid? I think I've heard of them before.
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Wow, can't believe the Ziltoid album is finally complete. Gonna be sad not to have Dev to look forward to now...
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    yeah, it does kind of suck.. on both accounts
  • emsegsemsegs Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Country songs taking up the spots of songs I might actually buy... sigh. Quartered isn't so bad though. Got a couple weeks of RBN to catch up on anyways
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4668077 said:
    What is Ziltoid? I think I've heard of them before.

Ziltoid the Omniscient is a concept album by Devin Townsend, a metal musician. The album is now completely on Rock Band this week.
    edited March 2012
    Hooray for those who likes his songs then :D
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    Runesmith;4667974 said:
    Agreed. The RBN needs to expand itself from its metalcore/extreme metal dominance, anyway.
    Take it up with artists of other genres that aren't as supportive as metal artists/labels. What do you think is more productive in determining user-generated content, going around informing artists you like of the possibility, or sitting on the internet complaining that others who DO go around aren't going around specifically with your interests in mind?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    Runesmith;4667974 said:

Believe me we tried. I purposefully contacted bands that weren't metal late last fall. Just to try and get some more genres and non metal acts. Between bands and labels I contacted over 200 hundred non metal artists.

You wanna know how many responded since then? MAYBE 5.

Since then we've had 10 - 15 metal bands contact us about being in the game.

So it's not that we all hate everything but metal and won't release any other genres. It's that the other genres just don't seem to care for some reason (outside of a very very small minority).

So I don't know what it is about hard rock/metal acts that makes them want to be in the game, and why other genres don't really care, but it is what it is I guess.
    edited March 2012
    Don't let it trouble you. A band deserves as much content as they are willing and can provide.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4668615 said:
    So I don't know what it is about hard rock/metal acts that makes them want to be in the game, and why other genres don't really care, but it is what it is I guess.
    I've always believed that garage metal acts want to 'hit it big' through plastic instrument notoriety, after seeing Dragonforce post-GHIII.
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4668481 said:
    Take it up with artists of other genres that aren't as supportive as metal artists/labels. What do you think is more productive in determining user-generated content, going around informing artists you like of the possibility, or sitting on the internet complaining that others who DO go around aren't going around specifically with your interests in mind?

Already did. I'm not blaming the authoring groups, as they have worked unbelievably hard to bring new music to the game; I'm just stating the unfortunate fact that the RBN has a reputation for it's focus on metalcore and, to a lesser degree, extreme metal. When RBN was initially announced, I stoked myself to admittedly unrealistic levels because I thought more goth, no wave, industrial, New Wave, and post-punk groups would be more receptive to the initiative. It truly seems like most of the bands in these genres are "too big for the RBN but too small for official HMX DLC" now, and that makes me disappointed because they're my favorite types of music and we'll likely never see any of it anymore.

Plus, I really wish Subpop would've come through like originally planned.
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4668615 said:
    Believe me we tried. I purposefully contacted bands that weren't metal late last fall. Just to try and get some more genres and non metal acts. Between bands and labels I contacted over 200 hundred non metal artists.

You wanna know how many responded since then? MAYBE 5.

Since then we've had 10 - 15 metal bands contact us about being in the game.

So it's not that we all hate everything but metal and won't release any other genres. It's that the other genres just don't seem to care for some reason (outside of a very very small minority).

I know, Noble. I wasn't sleighting your efforts at all.

I'm greatly looking forward to Icon & The Black Roses, by the way.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    HMX LOVES ME! They really love me!
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4668624 said:
    I've always believed that garage metal acts want to 'hit it big' through plastic instrument notoriety, after seeing Dragonforce post-GHIII.

That's a good point, plus metal musicians are often the geekiest (not to be derogatory, I wear the geek badge with pride, right next to my USS Enterprise pencil sharpener) of all musicians, behind chiptune.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2012
    Runesmith;4667974 said:
    What are you talking about? RBN 2.0 has actually not seen that much metal at all. This is the first week in a long, long, long, long, long time where metal has dominated.

If you're going to complain about one genre's oversaturation, talk about the amount of chiptune/electronic music that's come out.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Lowlander2;4668815 said:
    What are you talking about? RBN 2.0 has actually not seen that much metal at all. This is the first week in a long, long, long, long, long time where metal has dominated.

If you're going to complain about one genre's oversaturation, talk about the amount of chiptune/electronic music that's come out.

For at least the last month more Metal has been released on RBN than any other genre.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Lowlander2;4668815 said:

...what?

It's been a long long long long time since metal /hasn't/ dominated.