Would a song like this be allowed on RBN?

BravoGangUSBravoGangUS Unsigned
edited March 2012 in The Rock Band Network
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWx-lMJzf4

Not sure what the rules are for what is allowed on RBN but if this was okay with the rules then this would be a GREAT RBN song. It would be fun to play and it sounds great :D

(Obviously not Pro Charts like the person in this video did)

Comments

  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    That specific song has been asked about many times. Considering it almost entirely consists of covers, no chance.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2012
    Since it's covers, no. Sorry about that. Otherwise, I would have asked them about it when it first came out.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I don't get it. The Beethoven songs are actually covers and they are accepted but not this?
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2012
    No one publicly owns the copyright on Beethoven's work, or whoever's. In a way, it's open source, or whatever the proper term is.
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    DaasBosh;4669981 said:
    I don't get it. The Beethoven songs are actually covers and they are accepted but not this?

    There's a big difference between an original cover of public domain material and a song like this that uses a bunch of material under copyright. Rights verification for covers is not something RBN wants to deal with in general, and covering public domain material is just a rare exception to that rule.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2012
    Public domain, that was it! I'm an idiot.







    Don't any of you say a word.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Lowlander2;4670055 said:
    Public domain, that was it! I'm an idiot.







    Don't any of you say a word.

    *Whistles*
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Ralphy2009;4670003 said:
    There's a big difference between an original cover of public domain material and a song like this that uses a bunch of material under copyright. Rights verification for covers is not something RBN wants to deal with in general, and covering public domain material is just a rare exception to that rule.

    And even public domain can be a touchy subject sometimes.
Sign In or Register to comment.