DLC = purchased CD?

LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
edited March 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Is there any DLC that you've purchased that drove you to buy the CD of a certain artist?

Recently for me, I just bought the Ghost Brigade - Until Fear No Longer Defines Us CD. Awesome CD, I'm very impressed with this band. Grain is a particularly good song. I first heard them on RB.

Originally, RB turned me on to Lacuna Coil. A band I absolutely love now. I've heard a few other songs that I've really liked, but wasn't in to much of the other songs they made.

Comments

• AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    No, but I do have Children of Nova's Impossible Landscape on vinyl.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    Lots. Not so much full CD's but I have picked up a metric crap ton of songs from iTunes because of RBN.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4676315 said:
    Is there any DLC that you've purchased that drove you to buy the CD of a certain artist?

Recently for me, I just bought the Ghost Brigade - Until Fear No Longer Defines Us CD. Awesome CD, I'm very impressed with this band. Grain is a particularly good song. I first heard them on RB.
    Bought this album. Was tied for my favorite album of 2011 along with Akin's The Way Things End (not on RBN).

I also bought The Few Not Fleeting by Nothing More and pretty much every Letters to Cleo, Palmdale, and Kay Hanley album thanks to "Think Bad Thoughts".
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Yes

The Limousines and Ra Ra Riot
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    well one of my top favorite bands I first heard of through rock band (That would be The Offspring) and I now have physical copies of most of their cds
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Free Spirit's Pale Sister of Light, and CoN's latest album.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Not so much from RB specifically, but a lot from Guitar Hero. Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Toadies.

And of course some bands from RBN, Surfer Blood, Flogging Molly, Of Montreal, to name a few.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2012
    I just bought Winter Crescent's Battle Of Egos, which is pretty underrated.

I'll also have to pick up The Art Of War and Feathergun at some point. Maybe the VVVVVV soundtrack, although the drive to get that comes more from the game itself, I'd say.

Of course, this isn't including the many purchases pertaining to HMX DLC, chief among them my new favourite album of all time, NIN's Pretty Hate Machine.
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Picked up the new album "Eclipse" from Veil of Maya, 2 albums from Asking Alexandria and 4 albums from The Devil Wears Prada after getting their songs from the RBN. Also one from Guitar Hero was The Fall of Troy...still waiting for them to be on Rock Band :)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Felsen's "Accidental Drowning"
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Several CDs in my collection are because Rock Band turned me onto the songs, including discs by the Killers, Soundgarden, Metallica, and Modest Mouse. The latter I even bought new.
  • sourdaddyjonessourdaddyjones Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    I found a ton of new great bands through RB and RBN. Coheed and Cambria, Fall-Out Boy, Stephine Hatfield and the Hot Mess, Papa Roach, etc. I have bought a few albums from said bands. Jeez, I almost forgot Rush. Awesome band.
  • --Tay----Tay-- Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Rock Band has been a great source for finding new artists for me.
    I've picked up Cold Steel (everything), Blackberry Wednesday (Select tracks), Like A Storm (select tracks), Edge (Select Tracks), Rival Sons (select tracks), Since October (Everything) and Free Spirit (everything). I'm sure there are others, but those are all that come to mind right now.
    I've never heard any of these bands on the radio and I can't help but wonder why.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Marlboro;4676330 said:
    Yes

The Limousines

Same, though I blame Riles also
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    I got Neonfly's album because of RBN.
    It's pretty good, some hits and some misses for me.
    Thought the entire thing would work perfect with rock band.
  • silenttype01silenttype01 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    I have bought Everything Under the Sun by Jukebox the Ghost, and In This Life by Stan Bush.

I am quite content in deciding to buy those two albums.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2012
    I picked up Ziltoid the Omniscient by Devin Townsend, Quebec and Shinola by Ween, Floating Vibes by Surfer Blood, Baby Darling Doll Face Honey by Band of Skulls, and probably a few more I can't think of.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2012
    Stephanie Hatfield and Hot Mess - s/t
    Juli - Es Ist Juli
    Lush - Gala
    Phish - A Picture of Nectar
    Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
    The Sounds - Living in America
    Tribe - Here at the Home and later their discography.

That's all I can remember for all of the artists I liked. Since late 2010 I've been discovering my own music since. Though I also attempted Free Spirit and Halcyon Way's albums just to scratch the surface with them. Free Spirit was alright, didn't really come back to, didn't bother finishing Halcyon Way it was so boring.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2012
    Mostly, these are MP3 albums instead of physical CDs.

Albums I own by RBN artists:

Andromeda - The Immunity Zone
    The Apples in Stereo - Travellers in Space and Time
    Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
    Black Gold - Rush
    Chaotrope - The Thief in the Night
    Dance for the Dying - Dance for the Dying
    Drivin' N' Cryin' - Great American Bubble Factory
    Free Spirit - Pale Sister of Light
    Freen in Green - This Album is Green
    Giant Target - Music Songs
    James William Roy - The James Rocket
    Jonathan Coulton - Artificial Heart
    Jukebox the Ghost - Everything Under The Sun, Let Live and Let Ghosts
    The Main Drag - Yours As Fast As Mine
    Me Talk Pretty - We Are Strangers
    Mystakin - The End of Progress
    Rishloo - Feathergun
    Rodrigo y Gabriela - 11:11, Rodrigo y Gabriela
    Rose of Jericho - Out of the Maze, These City Lights
    Scratching the Itch - Reduced Reused Recycled, Why Bother?
    Single White Infidel - No One Listens to Skate Punk Anymore
    Sophie B Hawkins - Wilderness
    Steam Powered Giraffe - Album One
    Van Friscia - Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor

...I think that's everyone. (Maybe I should have left Coulton and Giant Target out, since I didn't discover them through the RBN.)

It's a little bizarre that I still don't own any Amberian Dawn outside the game, but it just never feels like something I want to listen to during work (the primary time I listen to music.) But I really love playing AD in Rock Band.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2012
    Did not mean to close this thread. >< Sorry!
  • edited March 2012
    Only albums I got because of the RBN are

Jukebox the Ghost - Live and Let Ghosts
    Jukebox the Ghost - Everything Under the Sun
    The Main Drag - You Are Underwater

I have been meaning to get a few others Dance for the Dying, Bloom, Jerry Naylor, Ultra Saturday, and Vangough to name a few.
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Fell in love with Children of Nova and bought their new album instantly
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Jukebox the Ghost was the one for me. CDs, plus I just got a t-shirt. Would have gone to their show when it came to my town, but I was sadly out of town.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    SCFox;4678510 said:
    Jukebox the Ghost was the one for me. CDs, plus I just got a t-shirt. Would have gone to their show when it came to my town, but I was sadly out of town.

Really love the songs from Everything Under The Sun that we have in the game. I was looking through their site one day, and thought of maybe getting one of those CD/T-shirt bundles. I guess I'll go order it right now, actually.