Charged for two songs?

malice72malice72 Unsigned
edited March 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Sorry I am not posting this in the correct forum (says that I don't have privileges) but I recently purchased the song "Caves" by "Chiodos" through the purchase menu after you complete the demo, and when I went back to my songs list it said "Loading 2/2" as if I had purchased two songs. I am not really sure if it actually charged me for two songs from my msp, so I'm just wondering if there is any way to figure this out? I have purchased many songs from RBN and this is the first time this has happened, any info would be helpful, thanks!

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    You have not been charged twice, as far as I'm aware. My game does this every time it loads new DLC (adds one to the total), and I've never lost any msp I shouldn't have.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    DragoonXD;4678928 said:
    You have not been charged twice, as far as I'm aware. My game does this every time it loads new DLC (adds one to the total)...
    That's the thing. You buy one song, and the song cache reloads and announces it's adding "1/1." For some reason malice72 saw "2/2" after a single-song DLC purchase.

malice, check your download history and see if anything else got downloaded that you may not be aware of. Also, do you remember what your points count was before buying "Caves"? Does it jive with the points you have now, after the purchase?
  • edited March 2012
    FujiSkunk;4678981 said:
    That's the thing. You buy one song, and the song cache reloads and announces it's adding "1/1." For some reason malice72 saw "2/2" after a single-song DLC purchase.
    Its only supposed to do that for new songs? Mine does 4 everytime I turn on the game and then adds one to that for each new song/pack.
    edited March 2012
    FujiSkunk;4678981 said:

malice, check your download history and see if anything else got downloaded that you may not be aware of. Also, do you remember what your points count was before buying "Caves"? Does it jive with the points you have now, after the purchase?
    That's what I'm saying, mine does that to, has been for months now.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Could it be that 1 was for the demo, and 1 was for the full song?
    edited March 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4678997 said:
    Its only supposed to do that for new songs? Mine does 4 everytime I turn on the game and then adds one to that for each new song/pack.
    DragoonXD;4679387 said:
    That's what I'm saying, mine does that to, has been for months now.
    Sorry if I'm adding to the confusion. Whenever the game has finished downloading newly purchased DLC, it reloads the song cache. This reload happens in two parts. The first part is a complete scan of all of your DLC, which counts from 1 to however many pieces of DLC you have total. This is the same scan that you see when you first start the game.

The second part is the adding of new DLC into the cache. This counts from 1 to however many pieces of DLC you just purchased. If you bought one song or one pack, you'll usually see "Loading 1/1". If you bought two separate songs, you'll see "Loading 1/2" then "Loading 2/2". So on and so forth.

If you've only bought one song, then you shouldn't see "Loading 2/2". If you do see "Loading 2/2" and you're not sure why, you should be able to look at your system's download history to see exactly what got downloaded and whether it cost any MS points.
    ricecake;4679925 said:
    Could it be that 1 was for the demo, and 1 was for the full song?
    RBN demos and full songs are actually the same files. When you download a demo, you're actually downloading the whole song, with a lock that prevents you from playing more than the first minute of the song. Purchasing the song then removes that lock. However, it is possible malice72 bought one RBN song at the same time he downloaded the demo of another. Again, the download history should reveal whether that is the case.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    The RBN demo and full songs count as two items to Rock Band 3 in the 2,956 limit.
    edited March 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4681619 said:
    The RBN demo and full songs count as two items to Rock Band 3 in the 2,956 limit.

Ahh, didn't know that.

I think malice 72 is on an XBox since he mentions Microsoft points, but that's still good to know.
  • edited March 2012
    And like I said mine does 4/4 everytime I turn it on. I think I might have downloaded four demos though so maybe that does have something to do with it.
    edited March 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4681623 said:
    And like I said mine does 4/4 everytime I turn it on. I think I might have downloaded four demos though so maybe that does have something to do with it.

Maybe. I'll have to play with that when I get home.

If demos are being treated as "new" DLC every time you start the game or reload the cache, that could also explain why malice72 saw a "2/2" even if he only downloaded one new piece.
    edited March 2012
    But I haven't downloaded a demo in ages, nor do I have any on my hard drive.