3/27 DLC Discussion Thread - Shinedown 3 Pack!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited July 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4677872 said:
Hey gang,

Known for their catchy melodies and hard rocking riffs, Florida-based band Shinedown first hit the scene in early-2000s. In 2008, the band’s popularity grew with their successful third album, The Sound of Madness, which produced a string of hit singles. Two of these tracks, “Second Chance” and “The Crow and the Butterfly,” will come to the Rock Band Music Store on Tuesday, March 27th!

Shinedown’s long-awaited fourth studio album, Amaryllis, hits shelves on March 27th. “Bully,” the first single off of the record, has already made its mark on the Billboard charts, and hits the Music Store as part of the “Sounds of Shinedown Pack.”

An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for “Second Chance,” the band’s most successful single to date, will also be available.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (March 27th, 2012):

• Shinedown – “Second Chance” O X
• Shinedown – “The Crow and the Butterfly” O
• Shinedown – “Bully” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 28th)

("Bully" will be delayed on PS3 in the US and should be available on 4/10. This should not affect the availability of the Shinedown pack on the PS3.)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Sounds of Shinedown Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4678903 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 3/22/2012:

Metal

Carnifex - "Until I Feel Nothing" (160 MSP)
Nightrage - "Insidious" (160 MSP)
Strikken - "Forever in Lies (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Sherryce ft. Beta Control - "Animal Instinct" (160 MSP)

Rock

Jonathan Coulton ft. John Roderick - "Nemeses" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/27/2012 (North America) and Wednesday, 3/28/2012 (Europe):

Chaotrope - "Dystopia" ($0.99) - Metal
The Irresponsibles - "Break Me" ($0.99) - Rock
Kill the Alarm - "No More Excuses" ($0.99) - Rock
Teenage Bottlerocket - "Bigger Than Kiss" ($1.99) - Punk
FantomenK - "The Massacre (Rock Band Mix)" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Discuss!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited March 2012
    Alright, gentlemen... Here comes:

Sounds of Shinedown Pack First Impressions:

Let's start the week off with Second Chance! Hopefully it'll make the pack start with a bang!
    Hmmmm... The vocals aren't really my thing... oh wait! This is the song that my lady friend told me to listen to! I got up to the chorus. Yeah, my first preview of the song holds up. It's ok until the chorus, which then at the chorus it becomes decent. And that saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayiiiiiiiiiiiii n' thing is kinda funny
    The vocals are really not my thing. They're kinda mumbly and gargly and I feel that a cleaner set of vocals would fit the song's atmosphere better. The instruments are pretty standard, nothing really special. Wait wait. That buildup to that little drum show stealer was pretty nifty! If only the song had some more pieces like that, the variety would make it a lot of fun to listen to and play. The lyrics are pretty interesting too, but dip between cool and bleh too often.

Next song is the coolest named song in the pack:
    The Crow and the Butterfly!
    Starts off with some below average guitar and the strange vocals... The lyrics are pretty ehh, I guess. Then the drums kick in and... still not really feeling anything. The song drags on for a bit, and now it starts... errrrr picking up? The song is pretty uneventful, I guess. Which means I'm probably not going to like it. I enjoy a fair dosage of variety and interest in my songs, and this song appears to have neither.
    The guitar does go from below average to average though, so I guess that's a plus?
    Aha, the guitar is picking up. That better stick and not be a solo! I mean, the variety added by the solo isn't worth the interest that it loses after it.
    ... And I guess that the guitar isn't picking up anymore :I
    And it ended. Blah.

The last song is... Bully!
    The song starts off with some pretty fantastic guitar relatively speaking to the last two songs. It actually sounds... interesting!
    The vocals are also pretty neat and fit well with the song. The instruments are nice and strong and DAMN, when the harmonies take the stage and everything else silences, it sounds fantastic. If only the lyrics weren't so... cringe worthy.
    But it sounds very interesting and fun to play, which is cool since the last two songs were forgettable.
    The harmonies still sound awesome before the chorus and the chorus build up is incredibly cool. Just argh, the chorus' lyrics are just *shudders*
    And there's the guitar solo to add a fresh dosage of variety! It's a good one THAT PICKS UP AT THE VERY END! Awesome! I love guitar solos that have variety mid solo and aren't afraid to shake things.
    And the song ends with some really AWESOME harmonies that remind me of Another Brick In The Wall Part 2's children vocals. Great song, a lot of fun. It's definitely entering my "will listen to later" pile and has a seat on the "maybe purchase" pile!

So overall this week was...
    Decent? The two songs that aren't Bully were pretty bland and uncool, but I guess they weren't too bad. They're just.. boring :I
    Which is the worst sin a song can commit, I guess. But whatever, they weren't bad and Bully makes up for their mistakes so awesome!

This week in terms of songs:
    Bully
    Second Chance
    The Crow And The Butterfly
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited March 2012
    I guess I can take credit for being first to predicting Shinedown in the Prediction Thread on post #25
    DemonUnicorns;4680905 said:
    Iron Maiden
    Shinedown
    All-American Rejects

ALL have an album due out 3-27.

But...

No Diamond Eyes, dammit!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Hooray for modern rock.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited March 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4682382 said:
    I've never ever heard of them.

*face palm
  • rvnfn752rvnfn752 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Thank you HMX!! This is definitely one of my favorite DLC weeks this year.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited March 2012

Me either.

To AmazonMP3! My first hurdle for new DLC is "Based on the 30 second snippet, is it worth paying $1 to listen to this track in my car?". Yes, for any given piece of DLC I get, I tend to pay $3 (or $3.29) instead of $2 since I usually don't OWN the songs.

Shinedown manages to match Bush as a group that got $3 of my money based on the 30 second snippets. We'll have to see how things sound in the car later. I will say, though, that "Bully" is CRAZY catchy and is almost a certain pickup. Is it obviously commercial music? Yup. SOMEBODY out there is buying all of that commercial radio rock. That'd be me.

Next step... To the car!
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    DemonUnicorns;4682387 said:
    *face palm

Well, I haven't either

But I'm listening to Bully right now and its pretty ****ing good
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Loving this week!!!! Suprised by Crow & the Butterfly!
  • itsyorakitsyorak Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Since Bully is delayed on PS3, there's no reason not to get the entire pack now.

Hooray for video games and modern rock!
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    meh, s'okay, I guess. In other words....ya, I'll buy it.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Don't like their sound, looking forward to the PAX East announcements.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2012
    We already got Three Days Grace two weeks ago.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    :(

No Maiden. Soul crushed.

If it was gonna happen this was the week. I guess the ship sailed on that hope. Oh well. At least we got 12.
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Definitely not something for me, but congratulations to the fans. Thanks for the continued DLC support, looking forward to next week.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    "IIIIIII'M NOT ANNGRRYYYY, I'M JUUST SAAYINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN'....

Sometime's goodbye is a second chance!"

I'm gonna jam the hell out of this song. The other 2 I'll have to check out, but they're mere icing on the ultra delicious Second Chance cake.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2012

Dude! You have at least seen them mentioned in the prediction thread!
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Nothing for me, thanks. I'm driving.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
  • obladerekobladerek Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Wait now, I'm confused. Was this announced on Tuesday or just now? The lack of comments makes me suspect the latter but the post in the announcements board says otherwise. Also, are Tuesday announces to become the norm?
  • AppleScruff88AppleScruff88 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    ("Bully" will be delayed on PS3 in the US and should be available on 4/10. This should not affect the availability of the Shinedown pack on the PS3.)

Lol what?
    Don't like that song anyway..
    Meh week.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Nice, HMX! I'll definitely pick up one of these, more if the keys are good.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited March 2012
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4682399 said:
    Dude! You have at least seen them mentioned in the prediction thread!
    I don't read prediction threads.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
  • EdwardooEdwardoo Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    wooow, this sucks, I still don´t get it, December was the last week of Super Great DLC, Queen, Rush, Jimi Hendrix, another Rush, but then, from january it just sucks, I only liked Creedence Clearwater, Megadeth, Huey Lewis, but ohhhhh,
    Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase Release Linkin Park Pack 02, or Paul McCartney and the Wings another Pack, or John Lennon Pack, ohh
  • Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Yay! Good week for me again! Will get the whole pack for sure.
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Never really heard of them outside of people mentioning them in DLC predictions. Off to Spotify I go.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    **** yeah, Second Chance and The Crow And The Butterfly! Bully is good too. Been wanting those two older songs for quite some time. A good way to go to the downtime.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Congrats to the ones who like this stuff...

to the rest of us, I LOVE IN A LAND DOWN UNDER!
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Not bad songs... quite bland and lack any thing that stands out what so ever. I'm buying, probably won't get many plays however. Modern radio rock is good if it sells well. I almost fell into a coma listening to second chance, maybe playing it will keep me awake.