3/27 DLC Discussion Thread - Shinedown 3 Pack!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited July 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4677872 said:
Hey gang,

Known for their catchy melodies and hard rocking riffs, Florida-based band Shinedown first hit the scene in early-2000s. In 2008, the band’s popularity grew with their successful third album, The Sound of Madness, which produced a string of hit singles. Two of these tracks, “Second Chance” and “The Crow and the Butterfly,” will come to the Rock Band Music Store on Tuesday, March 27th!

Shinedown’s long-awaited fourth studio album, Amaryllis, hits shelves on March 27th. “Bully,” the first single off of the record, has already made its mark on the Billboard charts, and hits the Music Store as part of the “Sounds of Shinedown Pack.”

An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for “Second Chance,” the band’s most successful single to date, will also be available.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (March 27th, 2012):

• Shinedown – “Second Chance” O X
• Shinedown – “The Crow and the Butterfly” O
• Shinedown – “Bully” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 28th)

("Bully" will be delayed on PS3 in the US and should be available on 4/10. This should not affect the availability of the Shinedown pack on the PS3.)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Sounds of Shinedown Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4678903 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 3/22/2012:

Metal

Carnifex - "Until I Feel Nothing" (160 MSP)
Nightrage - "Insidious" (160 MSP)
Strikken - "Forever in Lies (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Sherryce ft. Beta Control - "Animal Instinct" (160 MSP)

Rock

Jonathan Coulton ft. John Roderick - "Nemeses" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/27/2012 (North America) and Wednesday, 3/28/2012 (Europe):

Chaotrope - "Dystopia" ($0.99) - Metal
The Irresponsibles - "Break Me" ($0.99) - Rock
Kill the Alarm - "No More Excuses" ($0.99) - Rock
Teenage Bottlerocket - "Bigger Than Kiss" ($1.99) - Punk
FantomenK - "The Massacre (Rock Band Mix)" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Discuss!

Comments

• tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
  • EdwardooEdwardoo Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    wooow, this sucks, I still don´t get it, December was the last week of Super Great DLC, Queen, Rush, Jimi Hendrix, another Rush, but then, from january it just sucks, I only liked Creedence Clearwater, Megadeth, Huey Lewis, but ohhhhh,
    Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase Release Linkin Park Pack 02, or Paul McCartney and the Wings another Pack, or John Lennon Pack, ohh
  • Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Yay! Good week for me again! Will get the whole pack for sure.
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Never really heard of them outside of people mentioning them in DLC predictions. Off to Spotify I go.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    **** yeah, Second Chance and The Crow And The Butterfly! Bully is good too. Been wanting those two older songs for quite some time. A good way to go to the downtime.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Congrats to the ones who like this stuff...

to the rest of us, I LOVE IN A LAND DOWN UNDER!
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Not bad songs... quite bland and lack any thing that stands out what so ever. I'm buying, probably won't get many plays however. Modern radio rock is good if it sells well. I almost fell into a coma listening to second chance, maybe playing it will keep me awake.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2012
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    2 out of 3 ain't bad. Bully and Second Chance are definite buys. Crow and the Butterfly is meh.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    The hints were too easy this week! Everyone knew it was Shinedown!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Have and like Junkies for Fame, so will give these a listen. For RBN, the Coulton is a maybe and everything else is a certain pass. Not an exciting week here.

Edit post-listen: Liking one song (Bully) out of a three-pack makes me a sad panda. Do I cherry pick and forever write off the others, or just get the whole pack? :P
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited March 2012
    Well this makes me sad. This week could just as easily been AAR.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    dog037;4682420 said:
    The hints were too easy this week! Everyone knew it was Shinedown!

Hmm? They brought back hints?

Or are you just messing around with the "regular" type around here?

If so, I have a reason to live again.
    edited March 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4682426 said:
    Hmm? They brought back hints?

Or are you just messing around with the "regular" type around here?

If so, I have a reason to live again.

Look at my first post on page one of this thread. After that post in the Prediction Thread, everyone exploded. No hints.
  • obladerekobladerek Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2008: 6 (12 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2009: 7 (21 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2010: 9 (24 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2011: 9 (40 songs including Clash's "London Calling" album)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2012: 1 (1 song CCR's "Lodi")

Anybody feeling a pain similar to mine?
    edited March 2012
    obladerek;4682430 said:
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2008: 6 (12 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2009: 7 (21 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2010: 9 (24 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2011: 9 (40 songs including Clash's "London Calling" album)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2012: 1 (1 song CCR's "Lodi")

Anybody feeling a pain similar to mine?

YES!!!
    Facts to follow:

Weeks purchased in Q1 2008: 6 (10 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2009: 6 (9 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2010: 3 (11 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2011: 6 (19 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2012: 6 (10 songs)

^^^Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought.
  • CreamCrazyCreamCrazy Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Big fan of these guys... although I was expecting something from their first two albums.

The Crow & The Butterfly & Second Chance are immediate buys though, two great songs. Bully I haven't been fully turned onto yet...
    edited March 2012
    nunchuck charlie;4682417 said:
    Not bad songs... quite bland and lack any thing that stands out what so ever. I'm buying, probably won't get many plays however. Modern radio rock is good if it sells well. I almost fell into a coma listening to second chance, maybe playing it will keep me awake.

Songs like Second Chance are just great examples of "bland" rock done right. Sometimes bands just wanna jam to an old, time-tested melody or chord progression and give it their own twist. Second Chance has a certain power and polish I respect.

That's just me doe.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    What's up with Bully needing to wait an extra two weeks? Can someone (HMXHenry?) awnser that?
  • --Tay----Tay-- Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    CreamCrazy;4682432 said:
    Big fan of these guys... although I was expecting something from their first two albums.

The Crow & The Butterfly & Second Chance are immediate buys though, two great songs. Bully I haven't been fully turned onto yet...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
    Don't know what it is, but the song just doesn't work.
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Would've much preferred Save Me over Bully/Crow and the Butterfly, but I'll take em :)
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Oh, I forgot to mention it's time to change my sig again. Shinedown will soon be below Dream Theather. Proud to say that in my only 4 song prediction, I guessed 2 of them right. Never would have guess C&TB would have made it
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Didn't like their previous RB outing, so I'm hoping guitar/drums/keys are at least a bit interesting this time around. On another note, quite disappointing to have to go into the DLC blackout with a less than stellar choice...
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4682433 said:
    Songs like Second Chance are just great examples of "bland" rock done right. Sometimes bands just wanna jam to an old, time-tested melody or chord progression and give it their own twist. Second Chance has a certain power and polish I respect.

That's just me doe.
    I agree they are a good band and the songs are good. They do make me sleepy though. So, it's not just you.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Well...not familiar with the band. Gave em a preview and I'm getting a strong Nickelbackish generic rock vibe from them...not horrible, but not outstanding...probably a pass unless a freind is over and really wants to play it. Good for them and their fans though.
    edited March 2012
    Whoa boy. Bully had a surprisingly rockin' solo section.

Might have to check out these guys on Spotify. Or something. The cool kids still buy music, right?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Not a big fan of radio rock, so this is a pass for me. Sounds like a lot of people are amped for this, though, so good on you guys?
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I can't stand Second Chance anymore and the others I could care less, so pass for me, but I will get The Massacre for sure.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    Sounds of Shinedown Pack? What is with these pack names?
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    It's no Iron Maiden, but "Second Chance" will be a great deal of fun on vocals. I don't know if I've heard the other two songs, will have to check them out later.