3/27 DLC Discussion Thread - Shinedown 3 Pack!

Comments

• BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I can't stand Second Chance anymore and the others I could care less, so pass for me, but I will get The Massacre for sure.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    Sounds of Shinedown Pack? What is with these pack names?
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    It's no Iron Maiden, but "Second Chance" will be a great deal of fun on vocals. I don't know if I've heard the other two songs, will have to check them out later.
  • Chuck_NorrisChuck_Norris Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    No idea who that is but YES FANTOMENK
  • GaminFanaticGaminFanatic Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I would have rather gotten Sound of Madness instead of Crow and the Butterfly but still, I will but this pack day one. Thank you so much HMX!!!! This completely made my week!
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Good picks, I am gonna grab Bully and Second Chance.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    What a shame.

Last DLC for SCEE for a long time... And it's... Well.

Edit: Might be another week it seems
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited March 2012
    obladerek;4682430 said:
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2008: 6 (12 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2009: 7 (21 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2010: 9 (24 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2011: 9 (40 songs including Clash's "London Calling" album)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2012: 1 (1 song CCR's "Lodi")

Anybody feeling a pain similar to mine?
    I've been buying more DLC than ever before, so no.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Hey look, a 3-pack! Wasn't expecting that!

I wouldn't recognize these unless I listen to them.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    obladerek;4682430 said:
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2008: 6 (12 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2009: 7 (21 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2010: 9 (24 songs)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2011: 9 (40 songs including Clash's "London Calling" album)
    Weeks purchased in Q1 2012: 1 (1 song CCR's "Lodi")

Anybody feeling a pain similar to mine?

There's also been a lot less songs this year.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    It's awesome that we are finally getting more Shinedown! I only hope we will get another pack in the future featuring some of their older hits along with Sound of Madness:

45 (This is a MUST have for Shinedown!)
    Fly From the Inside
    I Dare You
    Heroes
    Burning Bright

However, I will definitely be picking up the whole pack to show my support for the band! Thanks Harmonix!
  • PurplestratPurplestrat Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Not a fan but they are on the radio constantly here in Charlotte so I am guessing they are pretty popular and alot of people will be happy about this.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    This easily leaves Sound Of Madness and Fly From The Inside for a second pack. (Second Chance pack?) The third song would not matter as long as we got those two.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    kal_el_0724;4682469 said:
    45 (This is a MUST have for Shinedown!)
    Probably the last one I'd ever want from them.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Never heard of them....took a listen. Pass for me and my list not all that 'catchy'.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    dog037;4682452 said:
    Sounds of Shinedown Pack? What is with these pack names?

Comes from one of their album names, Sounds of Madness, from which Second Chance and The Crow and the Butterfly are from. I find it a bit refreshing when packs are named something else than Pack X.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2012
    I can think of some modern returning acts that deserved a pack first, but I can think of a ton more that havent even made it to Rock Band yet

Mediocre week for a band I believed we had already covered with its one popular single. Oh well

Gonna do guitar solo this week because I don't really wanna deal with the stress anymore
  • edited March 2012
    nascargo19;4682436 said:
    What's up with Bully needing to wait an extra two weeks? Can someone (HMXHenry?) awnser that?
    There was an issue with the DLC submission. Sony actually has a 4 week test period, so they've actually agreed to rush this to make sure there's only a 2 week delay. These issues are incredibly uncommon and we'll double down to make sure delays are less likely in the future.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited March 2012
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Another vote for "never heard of 'em," but them I'm an old codger anyway. Since every song offers keys, I'll give 'em a shot.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    TkDiamonD;4682441 said:
    Would've much preferred Save Me over Bully/Crow and the Butterfly, but I'll take em :)
    You, I like. Completely agree. :) Good pack, but might have been better.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2012
    That feel when Shinedown is a repeat band and nobody on the forums remembers

Rock Band is old and I feel old and that feels bad
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2012
    HeyRiles;4682484 said:

Hehe, wow, you're right, Shinedown already has two songs in the game. Oh well, I didn't buy them so I don't remember.

Sorry, Riles! :)
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    HeyRiles;4682484 said:

I remember.

Rock Band DLC is amongst the few things I strongly remember from the last 3-4 years.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Might get Second Chance but not a particularly exciting week for me.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    It's gonna be a slightly above average pack. Better than the 3DG one, The Crow and The Butterfly was unexpected. I liked that song when I heard on the radio some months ago.

The sad thing is that I expected something really epic before the SCEE switchoff. Whatever. I have so many songs to get from the back catalog. ;)
  • Highlandlassie1Highlandlassie1 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    AWESOME!!!

Thanks so much for these great songs.

Going to be some of the best vocal tracks in the game.

Shinedown is so underrated, Brent Smith has one of the best voices ever to sing a song.

This has been on my wish list for a long time.

Now if we can only get some Halestorm to balance out the greatness with some great female vocals.

Thanks again for more Shinedown!
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4682395 said:
    We already got Three Days Grace two weeks ago.
    Yeah. This is Shinedown. Not 3DG.
    GaminFanatic;4682455 said:
    I would have rather gotten Sound of Madness instead of Crow and the Butterfly but still, I will but this pack day one. Thank you so much HMX!!!! This completely made my week!
    I'd rather have replaced "Second Chance" with "Sound of Madness," but otherwise, I agree. I don't know about the whole pack, though.
    kal_el_0724;4682469 said:
    It's awesome that we are finally getting more Shinedown! I only hope we will get another pack in the future featuring some of their older hits along with Sound of Madness:

Fly From the Inside
    I'm not a huge fan of the band overall, but those two would be instant buys. The drums on "Sound of Madness" are awesome, if not that difficult, and I'd love to try that one out on vocals as well.
    nascargo19;4682474 said:
    This easily leaves Sound Of Madness and Fly From The Inside for a second pack. (Second Chance pack?) The third song would not matter as long as we got those two.
    Agreed. I'm not baffled with the picks for the songs, but I will admit to being disappointed.
    HeyRiles;4682484 said:

But...you are old, aren't you? ;)

Having already said that I would have preferred different song choices, I'm not going to beat that horse anymore, but:

Thank you to Harmonix for continuing to put out DLC every week without fail. You guys are awesome. I will at least be buying "Crow & the Butterfly," if not the whole pack.
  • Highlandlassie1Highlandlassie1 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    FujiSkunk;4682482 said:
    Another vote for "never heard of 'em," but them I'm an old codger anyway. Since every song offers keys, I'll give 'em a shot.
    I am 50 and they are just about my favorite band.

Going to see them live next week in S.F.

They are traditionally styled rock and roll with modern riffs, and dynamic vocals.

Every word can be understood, and the songs actually tell a story, what a concept!

Check them out, they are truely a shining light in a sea of crap which is modern music.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2012
    HeyRiles;4682484 said:

I was thinking this too.

So many people saying never heard of them and they're part of the game already. Sure it's optional DLC, but that just strengthens my theory that hardly anyone listens or gives music they aren't familiar with a shot >_____>