4/3 DLC Discussion Thread - Evanescence 3 Pack! Keys on all tracks!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited April 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4685518 said:
Hey gang,

On April 3rd, “Evanescence Pack 02” will hit the Music Store, bringing three tracks from the popular Grammy-winning rock group to Rock Band!

“Everybody’s Fool,” the fourth single off of the band’s 2003 debut Fallen, leads off the three pack. It’s followed by the emotional “Lithium,” the second single from the band’s 2006 studio album, The Open Door. “What You Want,” the hard-driving opening track from Evanescence’s 2011 self-titled third studio album, rounds out the pack.

These three tracks add to the growing library of songs available on the Rock Band Music Store, with new content being added weekly. “Evanescence Pack 01” is also available, featuring the band’s hits “Bring Me to Life,” “Call Me When You’re Sober,” and “Weight of the World”; “Going Under” is also available via the Rock Band Network.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (April 3rd, 2012):

* Evanescence – “Everybody’s Fool” OX
* Evanescence – “Lithium” O
* Evanescence – “What You Want” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD (440 Microsoft Points) for “Evanescence Pack 02”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4687833 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 3/29/2012:

Country

Jason Charles Miller - "You Get What You Pay For" (160 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap

Bikey ft. Dapper AJ - "No Shaking" (80 MSP)

Indie Rock

The High Strung - "The Luck You Got" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Sweethammer - "Gypsy Rave Massacre Party 2" (80 MSP)

Punk

Close Your Eyes - "Song for the Broken" (160 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk

Danny and the Lost Souls - "Soul Candy" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska

Sunny Side Up - "She's Rad" (80 MSP)

Rock

Joe Vikingo - "Todo lo que Pienso" (160 MSP)
Sworn To Oath - "Last Call" (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/3/2012 (North America):

Machinae Supremacy - "Indiscriminate Murder is Counter-Productive" ($1.99) - Metal
Rocket Ship Resort - "Starlight Speedway" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
White Wizzard - "Over the Top" ($1.99) - Metal
Jerry Naylor - "Tear It Up" ($1.99) - Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Do the Donkey Kong" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock

Discuss!

Comments

• dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    Bring Me to Life RB3 Version.
  • CamoTCCamoTC Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Nah. Kind of hate this band. But they're popular so whatever.
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Meh, nothing for me this week.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Decent pack, but the lack of My Immortal stinks.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    A couple people guessed it in the prediction thread. Good job guys.
  • edited March 2012
    dog037;4689933 said:
    Bring Me to Life RB3 Version.

I would have preferred that over these. I'm not sure if I know any of these. Ill give them a listen in a bit.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2012
    I feel a little less bad about being out of the country next week, have fun folks.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Will get all, plus probably some RBN. Didn't know they have a new album out, will also go looking for that....
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Not so bad.....I'll buy.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Not an Evanescence fan so will not be buying but I'm confused that the statment states it's coming to the PS3 EU store but the RBN stuff. A bit annoying if correct as I want that cheesy White Wizzard song.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2012
    I'll have to listen to these, but quite frankly I would've been all over RB3 versions of Evanescence 01.

Also:
    (These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 4th)
    Really?
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2012
    Hmm, I've never heard of any of these songs. Not sure what to feel about that.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited March 2012
    Hey Henry....The post shows that these will be available for the Wii on Tuesday. I thought last week was gonna' be it for awhile for Wii and PS3 Euro?
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Everybody's Fool is a certainty. Probably not any of the others though.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2012
    What You Want is an annoying song, but the other two are alright.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    and I thought last week was terrible...
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2012
    Yes. I'll get this, when my US-copy of RB3 arrives in the post.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2012
    Back to back pass weeks for me, which is pretty rare. Luckily some fun stuff on RBN this week, picking up 3 tracks:

The High Strung - "The Luck You Got"
    Danny and the Lost Souls - "Soul Candy"
    Sunny Side Up - "She's Rad"
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Don't know Evanescence outside of Bring Me to Life so I'll have to give these a listen before I decide. I figured they would be one of the two female fronted bands.
  • GaminFanaticGaminFanatic Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Not much of a fan of Evanescence but congrats to the fans. I was hoping for something a bit bigger before PAX East but hopefully the new game announcement will make up for it.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I know I really like What You Want. Only song by them I've heard I think is great though. Will check the others.
  • edited March 2012
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2012
    Yay! More generic modern rock.

In fairness, "What You Want" isn't bad, but I wore that one away quick.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I find it fascinating that people are always saying they want songs that are "fun to play", but are wary of this Evanescence pack because they "don't know the songs". Why would we expect other people give a greater priority to gameplay when WE are giving the priority to "what we know"?

I'll have to listen to these, but Evanescence is batting a pretty high percentage for me (I've liked 3 out of 4 of their released songs so far, with "Weight Of The World" being the only one not to catch my ear), so that's looking good.

EDIT: Now would be a really good time to restart the "RB3 Versions" conversation. Like others, I would also like to see a RB3 version of "Bring Me To Life".
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Seeing Evanescence, I somehow was hopeful it was a RB3 Bring Me to Life or perhaps even My Immortal (which would perhaps just be for the keys/vocals).

Then I saw the songs, and while not awful, I don't think they're a purchase for me.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Hmm...maybe.

I'll have to listen to the songs cause maybe one will jump out at me, but I hope HMX can widen the pool of female-fronted bands a bit in the future.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4689960 said:
    Yay! More generic modern rock.

In fairness, "What You Want" isn't bad, but I wore that one away quick.

Generic instrumentation yes, generic vocals? No.. she's pretty good actually.
  • Moist_NipplesMoist_Nipples Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Bout time we see more Evanescence!

Not too fond of Lithium. Would've preferred another off their latest album, like My Heart Is Broken or Lost in Paradise. Ahhh well.
  • bengalcp09bengalcp09 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    DLC is really missing with me lately. I'm a buy them all OCD type (just HMX songs), but it's enough straight weeks of misses for me, that I may be at a breaking point. This year there have been 5 songs from pre-'80s and 3 are CCR, which is a love em or hate em, I wish I was in the love em camp. Hopefully next week's announcement(s) can pull me in. I hadn't gone two weeks without playing since the game came out until very recently.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2012
    Dangimarocker;4689965 said:
    Generic instrumentation yes, generic vocals? No.. she's pretty good actually.

I may not like them very much, but even I'll give her that.