Official List of Tier Threads

Comments

• TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited November 2013
    True, the end of DLC plays a part. I can see why (though I disagree with this view) people may find it pointless getting a tier for a song they know will never be made DLC. And people may also be turned away from RB now that DLC has stopped. Though I, like the other veterans, disagree and have played the same as before. :)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited November 2013
    Honestly I think people just tier for fun at this point and not for the sake of comparing their tier with the Harmonix tier. Even before DLC ended, people still tiered for the joy of it, and if one of their tiers happened to get released, it was a nice little comparison to have nonetheless.

Have you been buying DLC on a regular basis still? As for me, I haven't been playing it as much due to me getting a Wii U, but I still occasionally will download a legacy track or two and play it.
    edited November 2013
    I'm still buying DLC. I've got RB1, RB2, RB3, and Lego Rock Band. Plus DLC, I have about 450 songs.
    edited February 2014
    Well, I can't update this anymore as the new forums prevent editing the OP, but I might as well announce that there are currently no active tiering threads at this point. I guess the demise of the tiering scene has come, unfortunately.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    'Tis a shame, I was kind of liking where the different tiers threads were going. Now I am sort of contemplating opening my threads back up...
    Even if I wanted to restart my thread, the fact I can't edit it anymore means I'd have to create a new one and re-upload around 150 tiers to Imgur. I still have all of the images thankfully, so it'd just be a case of re-uploading them.
    edited August 2014
    Well, I went ahead and updated this, as the option to edit original thread posts was implemented a while back. Currently, Arokar is the only tierer (for now). I'm not including LHV in the active list until he chooses to tier individual songs, since I consider album tier threads to be a different branch of tier threads, plus I didn't include his first album tier thread when it came around.
    edited September 2014
    Aaand with Arokar now ending his thread, we're back down in the depressing hole of no active tiering threads existing. Of course, unless LHV begins tiering individual songs again, which I really hope he starts doing.
    edited March 2015
    And indeed, LiveHomeVideo just started a new individual song tier thread, so we now have an active tiering thread for the first time in about half a year, ever since Arokar stopped. :)

Also, I just re-linked all of the links in the OP, since some were outdated and didn't work because they were before the big forum overhaul.
    With Wheatsquares declaring the end of his tier thread, I've moved his to the inactive section, and LiveHomeVideo is yet again the only one standing that hasn't closed down his thread yet (though he hasn't tiered for a month+ due to real-life issues, but he said he'll be back to tiering soon)
    Hmm I could pick up tiering again. Although I have all my old pictures with tiers, I'd need to re upload them to Imgur, (which is like 150 images). Plus the new forum layout is not great for tier threads, I much prefer the old one.
    edited May 2015
    Oh neat, you still exist? I didn't even know you were still around here, wow. I'd be down if you wanted to tier again, but it's up to you. :)
    I only post very rarely. Like I said i dislike the new forum layout, and I don't play Rock Band as much as I used to.
    I actually can't play Rock Band anymore since my Wii stopped reading discs and we haven't fixed it yet. So we're both in this same boat, except you have a choice to not play it, haha.

But yeah, I definitely say go for the tiering if your schedule allows.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    It's cool to go back through all of these threads and see what all thought what the song should be. It's still a lot of fun to tier things, I actually still do just don't post them up here anymore
    edited July 2015
    Oh wow, you're still around, too? Man, first Bonobo surprises me, then you. Why did you stop your tier thread, anyways? If I recall, you never officially ended it, instead just ending it abruptly and fading away like too many others have (though I may be wrong)
    I've been quite active since January when I got a new computer. I reason I stopped was because at the time of the last 2 songs that had been requested, the forums switched over and I wasn't able to edit the OP any longer till a few weeks later and then like the fantastic luck I have, my laptop fried so I couldn't tier or really go on the internet except for my Xbox 360 or Xbox One so from December of 2013 till January of 2015, I had no really way of posting on the boards haha
    In short, mine ended by really crappy circumstances rather than by choice seeing I had 2-4 songs that needed to be tiered at the end. I might start another one up, I just have to know how many characters is the post limit now. 10,000?
    edited August 2015
    Oh wow, apologies for not seeing this sooner. I have this topic set to notify me when new replies are made but it most likely got lost within my Hangman thread notifications since I get a lot of those. But I'm glad to hear that you didn't purposefully abandon it like many others did with no warning, I hate when tierers do that as it shows laziness and incompetence on their part - if you're going to close your tier thread, why not inform us instead of leaving us in the dark, right? :p I'm also glad to hear you got a new computer and are doing good now - but I definitely agree you should make a new tier thread, now that we're back to having no active ones.

With that said, sad news - I just moved LiveHomeVideo's most recent tier thread to the Inactive section, leaving us at zero active tier threads again (unless you want to count Wheatsquares', though his is monthly and not a conventional one). I waited a while before doing this because he's been going through constant real-life issues and never gave me a direct response on whether or not he would have time for tiers because he was unsure himself, so I just left it for a while. However, with tomorrow marking four months since his last update on the thread, I figured I'd get his permission to mark it as inactive and he said yes - so unfortunately, yes, we are back to this point of no active threads.

It's weird, I'd imagine with Rock Band 4 coming out, a resurgence in tiers would arise as people are returning to the forums and dusting off their old instruments, ready to play when it comes out in October. Hopefully more will pop up soon. :)

Also...I want to say 10,000 is the limit? But if you just reserve a few extra posts when making a new thread you'll be fine.
    I could start mine up again if there was a high enough demand. I have all the images from my old thread as well, it'd take awhile to get them back but I don't need to listen to the songs again.
    edited August 2015
    If you want :) I don't know, the tier threads I've seen as of late haven't been as hectic as they used to be, but they do garner enough activity, so it wouldn't be too stressful, I'd imagine. I say go for it.
    Then I just might. ;)
    If I did it, do I sort alphabetically by song name or artist?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

If I did it, do I sort alphabetically by song name or artist?

It works best if it's by artist, so that songs by the same artist are grouped together.
    Thought so. Okay I'll make a new thread soon and start uploading my old tiers.
    Fantastic! I can't wait. Are you still going to have genre restrictions to just metal/prog/whatever it was?
    edited August 2015
    Hahaha no not quite. It used to basically be any song I liked but no I'll make it anything but Dubstep/Rap, or anything that makes my ears bleed.

Though I reserve my right to insult bad songs. ;)
    edited August 2015
    Great to hear! Yeah, personally I didn't really like it when you made genre limitations during the final stretch of your last thread. I respect the fact that you don't particularly like certain genres of music over others (Most people are like that, anyways, including myself, and that's probably a main reason why I haven't done a tiering thread) but in a tier thread's scenario it really restricts us from broadening the musical horizon and introducing you to something you could potentially like, therefore not being able to request what we want to request. That's why it's best for tier threads to be open to any genre.

Simply put, I wholly understand genre restrictions but it just hinders tier threads IMO - so I'm glad you're going to be more open in the second incarnation.
    Yeah I agree it was kind of ridiculous on my part.

Any way I made a tiering thread and whilst it's empty at the moment, 10 reserved posts should be enough for a long time. So you may as well make some requests and I'll do them when I can, but first I need to get the old tiers back (all 177 of them).
    I'm liking it :) I just added it to the Active list. I'll hop on over there and make a request for the time being, though I'll be patient while you add the 177 old tiers.