Official List of Tier Threads

Comments

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited November 2015
    Got a PM from Radiohead97 today (he said I could post this publicly) that he's starting his first ever tiering thread in 2016, after he tiers some stuff for his own setlists. Just thought I'd post that here :)
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    That's great news. I look forward to it! :)
  • I may start it earlier and post my setlist as bonus songs along the way
    edited December 2015
    Just updated with LiveHomeVideo's new tier thread - definitely a pleasant surprise. :) This marks the first tier thread to use RB4-style tiering, omitting keys and charting them on guitar when applicable, as well as omitting pro guitar and bass.
    edited March 2016
    Updated with GameMaster's new thread, his return to tiering after several years! It is also the second RB4-style tier thread after LHV's.

Just a note - I'm keeping Bonobo's thread on the Active section for the time being, because even though he closed off new requests, he still plans to get to all of the requests and updates in the queue before he closes it for good. So technically it's not closed yet.
    edited June 2016
    I just moved Bonobo's thread to the inactive/no longer used section, as I PMed him about his thread and he said that due to no longer being in the mood to tier, his tier thread is over for now. I also marked LHV's thread as being on hiatus, as she recently postponed her thread until further notice.
    edited July 2016
    Moved GameMaster's thread to inactive per his request, as he currently has no access to a computer. There are now no active tiering threads.
  • TuleRuneTuleRune Rising Star
    edited July 2016
    If there is demand for a tiering thread, I've been working on tiering songs.

Examples:
    Complete Domination
    Death Thy Lover
    Sucker for Pain
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    TuleRune said:

Examples:
    Complete Domination
    Death Thy Lover
    Sucker for Pain

It'd be cool to see another tiers thread, especially since I at least haven't been able to get to mine for quite some time. It seems with your current pictures, though, it's kind of hard to tell what spots are meant to be the empty spots, and which are the filled in spots for each tier. It might be a better idea to maybe have the grey spots represent "empty" spots, and the white ones represent the ones filled in, so that three white dots = 3-dot tier. If all else fails, there's an existing template you can use online, though it's built for RB3 as opposed to RB4.
    edited July 2016

TuleRune said:

Examples:
    Complete Domination
    Death Thy Lover
    Sucker for Pain

It'd be cool to see another tiers thread, especially since I at least haven't been able to get to mine for quite some time. It seems with your current pictures, though, it's kind of hard to tell what spots are meant to be the empty spots, and which are the filled in spots for each tier. It might be a better idea to maybe have the grey spots represent "empty" spots, and the white ones represent the ones filled in, so that three white dots = 3-dot tier. If all else fails, there's an existing template you can use online, though it's built for RB3 as opposed to RB4.
    I knew of that template maker but I did try to work on something a bit more RB4-like and unique.

Here's the three with the modification you suggested. I think it does look better.

Complete Domination
    Death Thy Lover
    Sucker for Pain
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I like this a lot since it's a bit weird that people use the Rock Band 3 tier maker for Rock Band 4-style tiers, so we always have to mark keys and pro guitar/bass as No Part (even when keys do exist in the song). Of course, we only did this since there was no alternative and the original guy who made that template is long gone. This would be the first Rock Band 4 style tier thread (in terms of the image style, I mean) and overall it looks really good. I'd definitely be interested in a tier thread from you, so I say go for it.

One small note, though - I'd suggest removing the white circles from behind the devil heads if you can, because in the actual game, they don't appear with circles behind them. What program do you use to make these, out of curiosity?
    edited July 2016

Yeah, I like this a lot since it's a bit weird that people use the Rock Band 3 tier maker for Rock Band 4-style tiers, so we always have to mark keys and pro guitar/bass as No Part (even when keys do exist in the song). Of course, we only did this since there was no alternative and the original guy who made that template is long gone. This would be the first Rock Band 4 style tier thread (in terms of the image style, I mean) and overall it looks really good. I'd definitely be interested in a tier thread from you, so I say go for it.

One small note, though - I'd suggest removing the white circles from behind the devil heads if you can, because in the actual game, they don't appear with circles behind them. What program do you use to make these, out of curiosity?

Only reason there was white circles is because I tried to claim the RB4 from a Youtube video and they are far too low res to cut out properly, so it looked awful without the circle. Did manage to scavenge the RB3 devil though, so it looks better as shown here. At some point I'll get a high-res screenshot off my PS4 and see if I can work something out.

As for programs, I go a bit unconventional and use GIMP and Powerpoint. Bit of a pain to set up but now it's easy to get a tier made.
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I understand - it's hard to find good-quality icons of the newer Rock Band 4 tiers. The RB3 devils will have to do for now - it does look better with it. I figured you did use GIMP. I haven't heard of using PowerPoint to make tiers, though, that's new. Kind of curious how that works.

But yeah, all in all I say you should make the thread whenever you feel comfortable - I'd love to see another one crop up, especially because we don't have any active ones right now. IMO it would be really neat to see a brand new face in tiering come along, since all of the recent threads have been re-iterations of old tierers' threads (the last brand new tierer we had was Arokar back in 2014, if I'm not mistaken).
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Yeah, I'm liking how the tiers look now, and and look forward to your tiers thread, should you make one,
    edited July 2016
    Fantastic :) Just added your thread to the OP.
    edited October 2016
    Since today marks 6 months since LHV's thread was last active, I'm going to move it to Inactive for the time being. While it is on marked hiatus (and I will keep it marked as such in the OP), it seems futile to have a thread that was last active half a year ago in the "active" section. She also told me recently that she likely wouldn't get back to tiering until the far future. Whenever she returns to tiering, I'll move it back to that section. TuleRune's thread is now the only one in the active list.

I'm also going to try something new in the OP and condense tierers with more than one thread into one line to remove redundancy. Hopefully it looks cleaner this way, but feedback would be appreciated.
    Updated with TuleRune's new thread.
    edited October 12
    As we haven't heard from @TuleRune in about 2 months, and the last tier update was in late June, I've marked his thread as inactive for now. Unfortunately, this means that we're back to no active tier request threads :(
    The first new tiering thread since July 2016, longtime forum user Radiohead97 has been added to the tiering thread canon! We now have an active tiering thread again.