Rock Band Blitz Reveal: First Impressions Poll

samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Rock Band Blitz Reveal: First Impressions Poll

Based on the G4 preview, what are your first impressions?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    My first impression was that it was underwhelming but the more I think about it the more I really want it. It looks like a great way to get more use out of all those songs I have. I cant wait for it!
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4695082 said:
    My first impression was that it was underwhelming but the more I think about it the more I really want it. It looks like a great way to get more use out of all those songs I have. I cant wait for it!

Such is everything HMX has done, really.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    jfh2112;4695079 said:
    I like having a setlist revealed to look forward to. Haven't had one in a while.

Is there a setlist revealed?
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I picked the first option, but until I get an Xbox or PS3, I won't be playing it anytime soon.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'm actually pretty pumped for it. I never played Frequency or Amplitude, so it's gonna be a nice new way for me to experience the loads of DLC I've bought.

And exportable songs (Pumped Up Kicks! Jessie's Girl! Bang Your Head! yesssss great picks HMX) are a great bonus.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited April 2012
    25 news songs and a game with trophies (probably), what's not to like? (that last part is rhetorical, please don't list what you don't like)
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to wait to see the setlist, if I like the majority of it I'm going to buy it just for the export. $20 for 25 songs is a steal.

If it wasn't for the tie in with RB3, I wouldn't even give this game a second thought. From a standalone approach it looks overly dull.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    200G, 25 songs, free export, all my DLC works? Add in a third or fourth button and it's great.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    200G? Where are you hearing this?
  • edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4695129 said:
    200G, 25 songs, free export, all my DLC works? Add in a third or fourth button and it's great.

Microsoft recently upped it to 400G.
    Now I'm just hoping for Avatar Awards :D
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4695134 said:

I love Achievements.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited April 2012
    Does "Forget the pony...I'm holding out for a unicorn" really mean "Forget RBB...I'm holding out for RB4"?

Probably not - I voted that I'm looking forward to playing it.
    edited April 2012
    Its actually straightforward. No deeper meaning, just a love for unicorns.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I liked Frequency and Amplitude. The game looks fun. For me it's a 25 song pack with a nifty new game play element.

And if people that don't do music games, but play that, it could drive some incremental song sales, so that is really pretty cool too - anything to help out HMX Bottom line, that at the same time doesn't diminish Rock Band.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4695134 said:
    Now I'm just hoping for Avatar Awards :D
    I can't even remember the last game I bought that had Avatar Awards. Maybe Rock Band 3? And those were just plain t-shirts with instrument icons. I think developers got wise to the fact people will pay for that crap. I've never bought any, but I use the Avatar Awards stuff all the time.

Back on topic though, it's funny for how many people whining about how totally disappointing this is and how they definitely aren't gonna buy it, no ones has voted not interested in this poll yet.

I'm definitely buying it. Just judging by those videos, I have no idea how the game's gonna work, but looking forward to playing it. Hopefully it'll be out sooner rather than later.
  • MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I have no interest in the game, but it has songs I want =/

"Jessie's Girl" is a cool song I enjoyed listening to on the bus (bus radio)

Frickin "Always" by blink-182... I seriously screamed when I heard it because I knew it would be in the setlist. Now I have to buy this game to export it into RB3... Damn you HMX XD
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    well so far i like the set-list they have to give more... but right now im a seriously considering buyer here well see what they have planed. I will say this that announcement trailer is a little crazy it just keeps hopping to different tracks (as in in the game not tracks as in songs)
    edited April 2012
    dabrry0523;4695185 said:
    it just keeps hopping to different tracks
    That is exactly how it's worked for years.
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    As long as this isn't the end of the line for the traditional RB instrument performance game, I'm okay with it.

But buying it as a track export is going to depend on the tracks being exported, the final playlist. If there's not enough there I care about, why pay money for a game that wasn't designed for me? It's clearly designed to rope in folks who hate or don't care about how Rock Band plays in the first place.
    edited April 2012
    dabrry0523;4695185 said:
    I will say this that announcement trailer is a little crazy it just keeps hopping to different tracks (as in in the game not tracks as in songs)
    /facepalm
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    While I'm not totally interested in this, I think it's a pretty awesome idea to draw in more customers. Plus, I love the 5 songs we know about and I'm excited to have them in my library.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    Not interested until I see the track list. Though I have a strong instinct we're getting "Love Shack" which I'm pleased about.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Even if I should HATE the game (which I probably won't. I like audiosurf a lot and this looks similar), my kids will absolutely love it.

That is good enough for me no matter how you slice it up.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    It has Pumped Up Kicks, Jessie's Girl, and Always. Harmonix has already sold me.
  • edited April 2012
    tdc002;4695168 said:
    I can't even remember the last game I bought that had Avatar Awards. Maybe Rock Band 3? And those were just plain t-shirts with instrument icons. I think developers got wise to the fact people will pay for that crap. I've never bought any, but I use the Avatar Awards stuff all the time.

I would never buy any Avatar things but I love the game related awards. The most recent game I have with them is (I think) GunStringer but Twisted Pixel always throws tons of freebies in their games.
    edited April 2012
    I bought a Fleshreaper Hat so I wouldn't get Fleshreaped.
  • jfh2112jfh2112 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4695202 said:
    Not interested until I see the track list. Though I have a strong instinct we're getting "Love Shack" which I'm pleased about.

Oh, man, I hope you're right. Been wanting that song for years now.
    edited April 2012
    it's as big as a whale
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I was a bit underwhelmed initially, as I was hoping for something with instrument gameplay and more songs (but in hindsight that was silly of me -- they simply can't fit that many songs in with the XBLA limit).

But heck, at no more than 20 bucks for 25 songs, I'm pretty stoked for that fact alone. I already know that I'd pay for at least the 5 that have been unveiled (not a huge fan of "Pumped Up Kicks," but my wife loves it), which is already 10$ DLC value for me.

Once I finally got to see the trailer, I felt pretty optimistic. Gameplay looks intriguing and the visuals look great.

I remember someone from HMX alluding to "April's gonna be nuts for Rock Band fans;" I hope there's some sort of groovy DLC announcement to cap things off.