Rock Band Blitz – Rumors and Facts

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4696129 said:
    Are there anymore full song playthough videos like the one LowLander posted? Id love to see a song that is more then just one long guitar solo.
    You're being impatient again.

Livestream. Also please don't capitalise the second L like that. I love you forever.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4696090 said:
    I saw nothing in the article that said there will never be a Rock Band 4.
    Read between the lines: the genre is OVER and it will never again be profitable to pump millions of dollars into a full-scale Rock Band game. The only people who expect there to be RB4 (or even RB3.5) are those that desperately hope that it will happen, a few thousand passionate niche gamers. The rest of the gaming world doesn't even ask the question, because the answer is so clearly, "of course not!". Look at the front page! Already the forthcoming XBLA title "Rock Band: Blitz" has taken over the design of the site. That's the future of Rock Band, the keystone of the franchise: a downloadable mini-game.

"Cut to the present, and plastic peripherals are staples in garage sales and thrift stores, as many have completely abandoned the genre as a whole. "

That's what 99% of gamers have done, "abandoned the genre". Yes, we still have RB3, and weekly DLC, probably for at least 6 more months, so no, it's not "dead". We can still play the game, and it's still a lot of fun. But a new title, or even a title update, where dozens of programmer put together new band tours / goals / avatar designs / battles / etc? Never again. Live in denial if you must, but I'm going to prepare myself now for the inevitable: even the DLC will end, at some point, maybe by about this time next year? Oh, but it's still profitable, you say with desperate hope in your voice! That's exactly what all the fans thought about eTopps cards, but one day a few months ago we logged in and there was a notice that weekly sales (which had gone on regularly for 12 years) were never happening again, effective immediately.

Yeah, I'll be back having fun with the Rock Band that we still have, and give up being upset about the even better Rock Band we all hoped would someday come to be, once I finish going through the 7 stages of grief. Apparently I'm somewhere between 3 and 4.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    Not dead, just in a coma...

“So, uh…I’ve heard rumors I’m not allowed to talk about…ummm…from…but I’m going to talk about them anyway. I’m not going to name names or anything, but…I would predict Guitar Hero comes back holiday 2012….because we know they’re developing one…” - http://games.ign.com/articles/114/1149293p1.html
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4696145 said:
    Already the forthcoming XBLA title "Rock Band: Blitz" has taken over the design of the site. That's the future of Rock Band, the keystone of the franchise: a downloadable mini-game.
    What other reason could they possibly have to promote their new game on their site?
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    grumblevolcano;4695972 said:
    Cipher would be disappointed as he can't play Misery Business in RBB.
    WHAT?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;________;
    boo hoo ;_;
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Here's a rumor - Cipher-Peon will not know any of the songs when they are announced. :)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    I know Jessie's Girl and I've heard of Always on the VDay livestream so RUMOR DESTROYED!
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Don't care about the game itself, care about the DLC. A lot. Please be good. Please!
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4696251 said:
    I know Jessie's Girl and I've heard of Always on the VDay livestream so RUMOR DESTROYED!

Nice Start. Let's see how you do on the rest of them. We should start a pool.
    edited April 2012
    RycheMaidenPS3;4696256 said:
    Don't care about the game itself, care about the DLC. A lot. Please be good. Please!

Great White and Quiet Riot seem to be just the thing for you.
  • edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4696136 said:
    You're being impatient again.

Livestream. Also please don't capitalise the second L like that. I love you forever.

Was I impatient before? I'll just call you LL from now on :D
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Did the livestream start? I'm having some wierd issues where I cant get anyything on twitch.tv to work at all..
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    FujiSkunk;4696299 said:
    It's on.

=/ my computer has had a lot of trouble with videos. Shouldn't have downloaded windows 8(idek if thats really the problem)

Oh well im sure everything will be posted on here eventually..
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Where's the live stream at?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Omg they just played raining blood by slayer.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Here, but be aware it's almost done.

Edit: I see you found it already. And yep, that's next week's DLC. Sadly sounds barren of keyboards, but oh well. I still need to try out the Evanescence pack.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4696333 said:
    Omg they just played raining blood by slayer.
    To clarify, Raining Blood is part of a Slayer 3-pack coming out next week.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4696070 said:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222273p1.html

Another thing this article makes clear something that everyone else has known for a long time, but the people here in the echo-chamber just won't acknowledge: there is no WAY we are ever going to get a Rock Band 4. The genre isn't just down from it's heyday, it is permanently DEAD.

I don't believe that is ever said in the article.
    Read between the lines: the genre is OVER and it will never again be profitable to pump millions of dollars into a full-scale Rock Band game. The only people who expect there to be RB4 (or even RB3.5) are those that desperately hope that it will happen, a few thousand passionate niche gamers. The rest of the gaming world doesn't even ask the question, because the answer is so clearly, "of course not!". Look at the front page! Already the forthcoming XBLA title "Rock Band: Blitz" has taken over the design of the site. That's the future of Rock Band, the keystone of the franchise: a downloadable mini-game.

Wow... your sky has fallen so far it's underground.
  • RetrokaiserRetrokaiser Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Acording to this video by Destructiod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD6Hv1fY2g8&feature=context&context=G2dcc486FUAAAAAAAMAA

The song Bang Camaro by Bang Camaro. Is this the RBN DLC version or is this a hint to a RB3 version? (I know it will 99% be the DLC version. But, I just gotta make sure.)

Also. *mumble mumble* stupid righteous Destructoid ******* fans. :P
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    In this topic, we learn that LL won't like this game. I'm a little surprised he hasn't started complaining about the animation itself yet...

Anyway, this looks pretty fun! I was a little disappointed at first, but the 25 new Rock Band songs itself will make it well worth it. Then, after seeing plenty of footage from it, it actually looks fairly entertaining. It certainly won't replace my Rock Band experience in any way, but it may supplement it a little bit.

Also, to the people that have been complaining about getting only 3 songs a week lately: Yeah, they've been working on 25 songs in secret, AND a whole new game. The sky wasn't falling. We may see the amount of DLC pick up a bit after this gets released. Maybe some 4 song weeks, and a handful of even bigger packs. That would be pretty sweet!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    The 25 song argument isn't that compelling. Or the 'whole game' one, since this isn't a whole game. It's largely a shell and an algorithm. Yes, work was put into it, but nothing on the scale of a disc title. Also, 25 songs injected into the last while of DLC wouldn't change much.

They have lower output than before predominantly because less people are working on the series and 3 songs is a sweet-spot between maximizing how long you can spread $X of licensed content over and what sees fairly consistent sales(paradox of choice and maybes made nos because 'what if something better comes out next week'). They can't put out 10 songs a week if all of Harmonix isn't working on Rock Band like they were in 2009, and they don't WANT to put out 10 songs a week if people are less likely to spring on 'maybe' songs because of an overload of content.
    edited April 2012
    Alright, alright, don't hurt yourself, kid.
    edited April 2012
    grimripper82;4696859 said:
    In this topic, we learn that LL won't like this game. I'm a little surprised he hasn't started complaining about the animation itself yet...

That's hundreddollarheadache's domain.
    edited April 2012
    Guys, chill. I've kind of reschinded my super pre-emptive strike and am now cautiously optimistic, though still quite cautious.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4696862 said:
    The 25 song argument isn't that compelling. Or the 'whole game' one, since this isn't a whole game. It's largely a shell and an algorithm. Yes, work was put into it, but nothing on the scale of a disc title. Also, 25 songs injected into the last while of DLC wouldn't change much.

They have lower output than before predominantly because less people are working on the series and 3 songs is a sweet-spot between maximizing how long you can spread $X of licensed content over and what sees fairly consistent sales(paradox of choice and maybes made nos because 'what if something better comes out next week'). They can't put out 10 songs a week if all of Harmonix isn't working on Rock Band like they were in 2009, and they don't WANT to put out 10 songs a week if people are less likely to spring on 'maybe' songs because of an overload of content.

It's not a whole game, yet they said in the livestream that they've been working on it for a year. Also, 25 songs is a lot to chart. Furthermore, I never said anything about 10 songs a week. I understand about the "sweet spot." When they brought up the fact that DLC output would be lower than before due to wanting to make more money by NOT releasing too many songs, and also working on pro guitar and bass charts, they were putting out about 4 songs a week, with the occasional bigger pack here and there. This is all I was hoping we would go back to. Calm down and breathe a little GNF...
  • Laurens23Laurens23 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I don't know if it's taboo or if it's already been said, but how can they possibly introduce this is a whole new concept? I'm pretty sure they remember Frequency and Amplitude, as they made those games themselves?
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012

"Cut to the present, and plastic peripherals are staples in garage sales and thrift stores, as many have completely abandoned the genre as a whole. "

That's what 99% of gamers have done, "abandoned the genre". Yes, we still have RB3, and weekly DLC, probably for at least 6 more months, so no, it's not "dead". We can still play the game, and it's still a lot of fun. But a new title, or even a title update, where dozens of programmer put together new band tours / goals / avatar designs / battles / etc? Never again. Live in denial if you must, but I'm going to prepare myself now for the inevitable: even the DLC will end, at some point, maybe by about this time next year? Oh, but it's still profitable, you say with desperate hope in your voice! That's exactly what all the fans thought about eTopps cards, but one day a few months ago we logged in and there was a notice that weekly sales (which had gone on regularly for 12 years) were never happening again, effective immediately.

Yeah, I'll be back having fun with the Rock Band that we still have, and give up being upset about the even better Rock Band we all hoped would someday come to be, once I finish going through the 7 stages of grief. Apparently I'm somewhere between 3 and 4.

Meat-Popsicle seems pretty convinced that the age of plastic instruments is over. Should I start hording?
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited April 2012
    wait a minute bruther. they said all songs will be playable dude and I just read this, "However, you will not be able to export the disc-based Rock Band 3 tracks into Rock Band Blitz, since they don't reside on the hard drive." What does that mean dude? Can we play the tracks or not dude?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    You cannot play RB3 tracks in RBB because they aren't on the harddrive of your console. That's what that means.