Rock Band Blitz – Rumors and Facts

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    So they say it's just 1600 for the songs if that's all you're into, but I'm going bet there'll be a small export fee on top of that.

And I do mean small, or Minecraft XBLA comes first.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Scythemaster 37;4695476 said:
    "Party in the U.S.A." and "Time of the Season" aren't already in RB, so I don't know where you're going with that..

The point is everyone knew they were being saved for RB3 when they weren't released and now everyone knows those songs will be in RB4 or RBB. So including Have You Ever is mocking reference to the failed RB3 logic.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Catch-22;4695504 said:
    The point is everyone knew they were being saved for RB3 when they weren't released and now everyone knows those songs will be in RB4 or RBB. So including Have You Ever is mocking reference to the failed RB3 logic.

Oh okay. I get that.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4695479 said:
    So they say it's just 1600 for the songs if that's all you're into, but I'm going bet there'll be a small export fee on top of that.

I don't believe pricing has been announced yet - at least I haven't seen it anywhere.

I also haven't heard anything about an export. I believe the words used by the dev in the G4 interview were "they're instantly playable in Rock Band 3." :D
  • edited April 2012
    Magnet;4695514 said:
    I don't believe pricing has been announced yet - at least I haven't seen it anywhere.

I also haven't heard anything about an export. I believe the words used by the dev in the G4 interview were "they're instantly playable in Rock Band 3." :D
    No price yet but highest XBLA can go is $20 (or 1600 MSP). I still think it will be $15 (or 1200 MSP). Most XBLA games are.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Magnet;4695514 said:
    I believe the words used by the dev in the G4 interview were "they're instantly playable in Rock Band 3." :D
    Yeah, so I just figured the download is the Blitz shell and then the 25-pack of 'disc' songs as RB3-style files.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited April 2012
    I'd buy THAT for a dollar (or 20)
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I'm curious about any pro guitar addons. Would love to learn Jessie's Girl on guitar
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Sayburr;4695097 said:
    Blink 182 – Always

Automatic purchase, really hope for pro guitar/bass for the setlist too as Always would be great for that.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Ah, yes, pro guitar. Cipher raised a good question on that.

My bet? All or nothing.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I hope this means there's a Foster the People DLC Pack coming with Houdini...
    edited April 2012
    azzaman333;4695620 said:
    I hope this means there's a Foster the People DLC Pack coming with Houdini...

I'm hoping there's a Blink-182 pack with Josie, After Midnight and Dumpweed.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    grumblevolcano;4695621 said:
    I'm hoping there's a Blink-182 pack with Josie, After Midnight and Dumpweed.

And Carousel.
    edited April 2012
    TheDescent;4695623 said:
    And Carousel.

If we get more than just 3 songs per week unlike the past quarter then yes (I know EWG/KoRn and Valentines weeks were 4 songs but those were anomalies to the trend).
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    i really hope they can confirm that when the Wii outage is over, we'll be getting these songs as DLC too. I see no reason to. If they don't i'll be extremely disappointed.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Super stoked for this. I suppose I (and probably many others) predicted this too: I've wanted a current-gen Frequency/Amplitude style game for some time now. Plus one of my friend's loved those two but not RB, so he may enjoy this. (Isn't this gameplay similar to what one of the RB mobile games had?)

And having our back catalogs playable is a major plus.

I have a feeling I'll be playing this one for a while. :D
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    I hope that the setlist is availeble for rb3 as download.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    prodrummer1;4695663 said:

Well, that is what the announcement says. :)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited April 2012

You purchase Rock Band Blitz, and then the setlist within that game becomes playable in RB3. I haven't seen anything about the Rock Band Blitz tracklist being mentioned as available for sale SEPARATELY from Rock Band Blitz game itself.

The Lego setlist was never made available for purchase outside of the Lego game. The Green Day setlist was never made available for purchase outside of that title.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    OK, cleaned up the first post, added links to the info, and added the rumor about the facebook app.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    You get the songs and they play in RB3 as well, when you buy blitz. Much cheaper than if they were standard DLC too I'd wager.

So just buy the game, use it as a big DLC pack and never play Blitz if that's the way you want to look at it.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    you had me at "Jessie Girl" and "imports into RB3".

for $10 or $15...instabuy. if it's $20...probably...depending on the rest of the setlist.
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Here's the announce trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYuIXnniEZQ

Someone above was asking how they will do tracks. You can see in the trailer the difference between Metal Health (4 tracks, no keys) and Jessie's Girl (5 tracks, keys).

Ergo, the number of tracks that appear equate to the number of tracks that the song has on RB.

That means there may be the possibility of 3 track songs (YYZ with only lead, bass, and drums) and 2 track songs (Toast from RBN with only drums and vocals).
  • xtodd007xtodd007 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Count me in the excited column. The only thing I'm worried about is potentially having a seizure or adding another addiction ;)

Any game that gets new consumers into the RB Franchise is good. I like the fact that the songs are cross compatible. It should also help the existing dlc sales numbers as well.

Harmonix, here is to a successful game that brings in boatloads of new fans and makes you so much money that it will lead to an unbelievable RB4 (launched on the new consoles)!!
  • ArramisArramis Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Just for the 25 songs exporting to RB3 ( first class songs currently 1.99 each) if it's less than 49.75 it's a bargain. ANNND you get a game too!
  • KooleKyleKooleKyle Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    I love this idea. I had started to wind down on my rock band playing, and I have a feeling I'll be playing blitz for a while. No instruments needed is very nice. I can imagine this one being popular with friends. Good Job HMX. Hopefully this setlist will include the long lost Walking Contradiction? ;)
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I think that this is a great idea for Harmonix. Get casual gamers playing a rhythm game with a standard controller to songs that they know and like. They can also buy into the thousands of available songs. When RB4 (or whatever) comes out, if they choose, they can give it a try. It will seem more familiar, and they'll be able to play all of those songs that they've gotten used to.

This will be a great way to get new players into the RB franchise while making more money for HMX. I'm excited for more songs... That's for sure.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Hmm. Makes me wonder.

Will RB3 get a title update to have it know to look in the RBB game data when building the RB3 song library?

If so, might this be a chance for HMX to slip a few other bells and whistles into an RB3 title update?
  • KooleKyleKooleKyle Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    thatmarkguy;4695714 said:

If so, might this be a chance for HMX to slip a few other bells and whistles into an RB3 title update?

Like the fixing Jet Noise, ahaha.

I think this could actually affect RB3 somewhat. With the new game, I believe this could really revitalize the series. Henceforth producing more than 3 songs a week! How exciting!
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    thatmarkguy;4695714 said:
    Hmm. Makes me wonder.

Will RB3 get a title update to have it know to look in the RBB game data when building the RB3 song library?

I would think it's more likely that RBB is designed to use existing RB folders.