But does it support the Stage Kit ?

BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Well someone had to ask :)

I own a Stage Kit but I'm not really that bothered if it works in this new game because it looks like the onscreen visuals do not use the lighting cues anyway.

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I'd put my money on no. The stage kit is built for bringing you into the experience, but Blitz looks like one of disparity. Not a criticism by the by.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    If it doesn't I'm sure someone will whine about it.
  • A_Drunken_SmurfA_Drunken_Smurf Unsigned
    edited April 2012
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2012
    It would be fun to try Blitz using the Stage Kit's lightpod controller. You'd just get blasted in the face with LED lights while you played.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    kiggidykev;4695962 said:
    It would be fun to try Blitz using the Stage Kit's lightpod controller. You'd just get blasted in the face with LED lights while you played.

That sounds like a laugh!
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2012
    Blasteroids;4695981 said:
    That sounds like a laugh!

If you make it through a level with your eyesight intact, YOU WIN.
    edited April 2012
    kiggidykev;4695990 said:
    If you make it through a level with your eyesight intact, YOU WIN.

You know, it would be worth it if you was playing this song!
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    You could set your feet on it while you relax with the controller?
  • edited April 2012
    Blasteroids;4695929 said:
    Well someone had to ask :)

I own a Stage Kit but I'm not really that bothered if it works in this new game because it looks like the onscreen visuals do not use the lighting cues anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
  • SupaThugPimpinSupaThugPimpin Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    It should, just for the lulz
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Still love my stage kit! I wish MadCatz would make a new one that had the ability to be daisy chained together... That way we wouldn't have to mod them ourselves :p.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    m_estock;4699284 said:
    Still love my stage kit! I wish MadCatz would make a new one that had the ability to be daisy chained together... That way we wouldn't have to mod them ourselves :p.

My wife wouldn't let me get a stage kit even it were free. Before you say "whipped", I know.... :(
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2012
    As silly as it would be, a bunch of flashing lights would not be out of place in the context of an over-the-top arcadey experience. The screen in Blitz seems like it's even more full of colorful craziness than RB3's screen, so no fundamental reason not to support that.

Aside from the fact that having the stage kit on while playing a game by yourself does feel a little weird
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Should build them an arcade cabinet, with it built in. It would be less wierd that way.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2012
    Blasteroids;4695929 said:
    it looks like the onscreen visuals do not use the lighting cues anyway.

I think it was during the livestream, but I'm pretty certain they mentioned that the lighting cues are used in the town, but a lot more subtly than in RB core games.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited April 2012
    I'm sorry, no. We looked into it but ultimately it was too much work to add. Believe me, lots of people asked! If there was any reasonable way we could have added it we would have.
    edited April 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4701876 said:
    I'm sorry, no. We looked into it but ultimately it was too much work to add. Believe me, lots of people asked! If there was any reasonable way we could have added it we would have.

Hey, at least you guys made an attempt. It's good to know that you aren't just brushing the stage kit to the side when it comes to future games, like blitz. Trust me, there are a lot of people who use the stage kit all the time and will continue to do so as long as its supported.

We wouldn't mind MadCatz making a new and improved version either :)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    m_estock;4702083 said:

We wouldn't mind MadCatz making a new and improved version either :)
    Yeah, implement the bonus_fx explosions!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Since there aren't shoulder buttons on the stage kit controller, it would be a lot of work to make it work. :)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Stage Kit wouldn't really matter, anyway. You're playing solo not on a stage. What's the point?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    edited April 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4701876 said:
    No, sorry. Other calming words.

Well that came as a surprise ;) Thanks for the 100% confirmation, it's not a deal breaker by any means :)
    m_estock;4702083 said:
    It's good to know that you aren't just brushing the stage kit to the side when it comes to future games, like blitz.

This will come out the wrong way since there is no nice way to word it... but they did brush the Stage Kit to the side. There is no monetry return on investment to implement and test the SK in future titles. I doubt we will see a new RB until the next round of consoles and I am pretty sure the SK will not be a supported peripheral. TBH, I'll be surprised if we see any future HMX title that supports the SK.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4703326 said:
    Stage Kit wouldn't really matter, anyway. You're playing solo not on a stage. What's the point?

The same reason why people buy camouflage mice to play Battlefield?
    LordFlatus;4703316 said:
    Since there aren't shoulder buttons on the stage kit controller, it would be a lot of work to make it work. :)

I fancied the mod challenge ;)
    edited April 2012
    Blasteroids;4704200 said:

This will come out the wrong way since there is no nice way to word it... but they did brush the Stage Kit to the side. There is no monetry return on investment to implement and test the SK in future titles. I doubt we will see a new RB until the next round of consoles and I am pretty sure the SK will not be a supported peripheral. TBH, I'll be surprised if we see any future HMX title that supports the SK.

Remember that uproar we made back when it wasn't supported in RB3? That's the only reason they patched support back in.

Based off of that experience, I think HMX has realized that there is still a large portion of the fan base (and by fan base I mean primarily the people on the forums, i.e. those that buy a lot of DLC) that want to use some from of a lighting peripheral when they play.

What I meant by them not "brushing it aside" was that they actually looked into adding it into blitz, or at least that's what was said.
    edited April 2012
    m_estock;4705814 said:
    Remember that uproar we made back when it wasn't supported in RB3? That's the only reason they patched support back in.
    The main point of the uproar was that it was stated that the SK worked in RB3 by DT but it was not until release that we found out that it did not work. *apparently* it was working on RB3 developement builds but they turned it off just before going gold for some reason.
    m_estock;4705814 said:
    What I meant by them not "brushing it aside" was that they actually looked into adding it into blitz, or at least that's what was said.

"We looked into it" is just a nice way of saying it's not financially viable. It could have been vaguely mentioned in a meeting and the programming dept could have said "We can't just slot the SK module from the RB core engine into the Blitz engine without spending some time making the bridging code and then you will have to get it through testing.". All that takes time, which costs money.

It's not like Blitz will push the 360 hardware to it's maximum and thus leaving no way possible to add in the extra processing of pushing a few rumble commands to the SK.