New controller?

KeFkA666KeFkA666 Opening Act
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Crazy idea here....but playing amplitude and freq on the ps2 worked so well because of the shoulder buttons being regular buttons. With the 360 and PS3 having more of a trigger style what is the chance of maybe making a controller for this....pretty please. I guess worse case i could just get an adapter ps2 to 360.

Comments

• ThisnameislameThisnameislame Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    If only the PS3 and 360 controllers had shoulder buttons that were just buttons in front of the triggers...
  • edited April 2012
    The whole point of the game is so that you don't need a new controller to it.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Plastic instruments no more!

In all seriousness I found it kind of funky to play this with your controller at first. But it's understandable since you're switching from instrument to instrument.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    You know what would be awesome? A joystick. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW those colored gems.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I thought shoulder buttons are those buttons which are at the back top of the controller? They seem pretty close to the ones on my PSP.

Someone in another thread mentioned the Bongo Drum controller. I wonder how hard that would be to wire up with 2 foot pedals, since I think it's just 4 buttons we need? Although that's not going to work with the "keeping a button down for a while" bits.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    cipher_peon;4696229 said:
    you know what would be awesome? A joystick. Pew pew pew pew pew pew those colored gems.

lol
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    GameMaster439;4696269 said:
    lol

I also lol'ed
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4696229 said:
    You know what would be awesome? A joystick. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW those colored gems.

You know what would be awesome? DLC from the Village People!

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW It's fun to stay at the YYYYYY M C A!!
  • KeFkA666KeFkA666 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    There must not be many Amplitude players left because the setup to play expert is L1 for left, R1 for Middle and R2 for right. When playing crazy tracks trying to use the face buttons is way harder than it needs to be.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited April 2012
    Blasteroids;4696246 said:
    Someone in another thread mentioned the Bongo Drum controller. I wonder how hard that would be to wire up with 2 foot pedals, since I think it's just 4 buttons we need? Although that's not going to work with the "keeping a button down for a while" bits.
    That was me :D

Actually, there are two trigger buttons under the skin of each drum - you might not need the pedals. The top half of the drum (when the controller's start button is facing you) has the bigger button, so it will hit notes. The bottom half is the "switch lanes" button.
  • KeFkA666KeFkA666 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    after rewatching the video i did not realize there is no middle note which makes this game amazingly easy and makes me very sad...just trash this entire thread along with my happiness.......but i will still be buying :D
  • XusderXusder Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Here's an idea: RB Drum Kit support?

Haha, stupid, I know, right? But anyways...

4 pads, the two on the middle for the notes, while the two outer pads for switching lanes, pedal to do special things (activate powerups and whatnot).

It's a crappy idea, but hey it makes sense to me, and me alone.

Though, I heard that the game supports custom button mapping, so I can't wait to experiment when the game comes out.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited April 2012
    Xusder;4701828 said:
    Here's an idea: RB Drum Kit support?

Haha, stupid, I know, right? But anyways...

4 pads, the two on the middle for the notes, while the two outer pads for switching lanes, pedal to do special things (activate powerups and whatnot). .

How do you do sustains?
  • XusderXusder Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4701874 said:
    How do you do sustains?
    You repeatedly bang your head on the drums, hoping that the massive brain damage from the repeated concussions can help you forget that you can't possibly make the idea work now that you know there are sustains in the game ;).
  • CharlieSheenCharlieSheen Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4701874 said:
    How do you do sustains?

Stab the drums.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    CharlieSheen;4701903 said:
    Stab the drums.

O_O
    edited April 2012
    Xusder;4701880 said:
    You repeatedly bang your head on the drums, hoping that the massive brain damage from the repeated concussions can help you forget that you can't possibly make the idea work now that you know there are sustains in the game ;).

Works for me. Let me go talk to the lead designer....
    edited April 2012
    CharlieSheen;4701903 said:
    Stab the drums.

RB1 drums, sure. But not the recent ones, right?
  • CharlieSheenCharlieSheen Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4702231 said:
    RB1 drums, sure. But not the recent ones, right?

My dog peed on my RB1 drums...
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    CharlieSheen;4702580 said:
    My dog peed on my RB1 drums...

Everybody's a critic.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2012
    Could just do drum rolls, honestly. Though that would come out sounding quite different musically from a guitar sustain, it's pretty similar from a game design standpoint.
    edited April 2012
    As a piano player, my instincts tell me that you should have to hold down the kick pedal for sustain. For those that don't play piano, when you hold a key and hit the sustain pedal, the note will continue to play until you let up on the pedal or it decays a natural death.

Of course, I don't think the devs want you to use peripherals to control this game at all. The whole point is that you don't use a plastic axe to play it.
    edited April 2012
    skyp1e;4702848 said:
    As a piano player, my instincts tell me that you should have to hold down the kick pedal for sustain.

So then how do you deploy powerups?

I'm telling you guys, we thought about this stuff.
    edited April 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4702976 said:

Not that I'm seriously trying to make a suggestion here, but any cymbal hit could do it or a double tap on said kick pedal could do it (if it's a dedicated sustain pedal there would be no reason to hit it twice in quick succession.) or simultaneously hitting both outer pads at the same time.

Once again though, I'm not expecting to use instruments for Blitz, so not suggesting this fix in that spirit. More as a fan of puzzles that likes to find solutions.
  • DrilnothDrilnoth Opening Act
    edited April 2012

With the second pedal that every drummer has at this point, right?

Right?

Guys?

There are more people than just me who have two pedals, right?

Anyone?

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    We can't use instruments, but won't the face buttons on the drums technically work? I mean, hell, I can get a drumkit to do things in Halo 3, I'm sure the face buttons count for Blitz.

Not that that's really useful or practical, but still.
  • NarooNNarooN Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    KeFkA666;4696305 said:
    There must not be many Amplitude players left because the setup to play expert is L1 for left, R1 for Middle and R2 for right. When playing crazy tracks trying to use the face buttons is way harder than it needs to be.

This.

This was the only real way to play the tougher songs back in the day, the shoulder buttons. It's gonna feel weird with the PS3's R2 button, but I'll manage.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited April 2012

You deploy powerups with the mic. You shout into the mic just like you do in RB, since that works soo w... er.. yeah, guess you did think about all this stuff ;)
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Why would you want to set up a drum set, mic, and mic stand when you can just use a regular controller?
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4704225 said:
    Why would you want to set up a drum set, mic, and mic stand when you can just use a regular controller?

people are crazy...