RB Blitz Transferable Songs?

DarkJodoDarkJodo Unsigned
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
So we know we can play all 25 tracks included with Rock Band Blitz on Rock Band 3. From the Blitz page we can see that the following tracks are included:

"Always" - Blink 182
"Pumped Up Kids" - Foster the People
"Metal Head (Bang Your Head)" - Quiet Riot
"Jessie's Girl" - Rick Springfield

What other songs have people heard/seen that will be included in this game?

Comments

• EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Those are the only songs announced.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Once bitten, twice shy has been seen in the videos
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Will any of the 25 songs that come with the game have pro upgrade's available for purchase in the music store?
  • tehman237tehman237 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    GraphicMang;4696104 said:
    Once bitten, twice shy has been seen in the videos

but it is unknown whether it is a song on Rock Band Blitz or a just a future dlc song.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    meck77;4696306 said:
    Will any of the 25 songs that come with the game have pro upgrade's available for purchase in the music store?
    They won't show up in the Music Store unless offered there, so no.
  • The-XaiaXThe-XaiaX Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4696514 said:

IIRC, they suggested somewhere that all the tracks on there would have pro charts, probably for just this reason. So far, every "pack only" song (the two ozzie tracks, full version of 2112) has included pro charts with the pack.

Or maybe I'm just imagining that.
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    My question is do I have to buy RB:B to get these tracks, or can I just cherrypick them out of the store?
  • jfh2112jfh2112 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    tehman237;4696513 said:
    but it is unknown whether it is a song on Rock Band Blitz or a just a future dlc song.
    All songs - excluding RB3 for the time being - are RB and RBB tracks.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    jfh2112;4696979 said:
    All songs - excluding RB3 for the time being - are RB and RBB tracks.

But that has nothing to do with his point. He was saying that it has not been clarified if it is one of the 25 songs that comes with RBB or just another dlc song.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    RosaFloydGuy;4696815 said:
    My question is do I have to buy RB:B to get these tracks, or can I just cherrypick them out of the store?
    From what I understand, you can only get the songs by buying the Blitz game... same with Green Day, AC/DC, and LEGO... you have to buy the game to get the songs.

There MIGHT be an exception on the Wii if Harmonix decides not to release the game on the Wii or WiiU but that is unknown at this time because they have not actually checked into what it will take and what the licensing requires... mentioned on the Harmonix Live Stream last night.
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Sayburr;4696987 said:
    From what I understand, you can only get the songs by buying the Blitz game... same with Green Day, AC/DC, and LEGO... you have to buy the game to get the songs.

That seems likely. It's a way to push disk sales. Now if the game bombs, then we might get the songs as DLC at a later date.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited April 2012
    Definitely happy to see Jesse's Girl, Band Your Head, and Once Bitten Twice Shy coming out. REALLY happy to see Quiet Riot finally make it in here. Plus, the fact that the songs that are coming out as DLC will be playable in both games is great. I think Blitz will be a nice alternative game to play if I don't feel like pulling the guitar or keyboard out.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    HairyMan;4698055 said:
    ...Plus, the fact that the songs that are coming out as DLC will be playable in both games is great. ...

The songs are not being released as DLC. The songs are packaged in with the game and Harmonix has not said that the songs will be sold separately.

The songs, packaged in with the game, will be playable in RB3.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Sayburr;4698209 said:
    The songs are not being released as DLC. The songs are packaged in with the game and Harmonix has not said that the songs will be sold separately.

The songs, packaged in with the game, will be playable in RB3.
    He didn't say that. He said DLC works in both games
    edited April 2012
    The songs are already in a 25-pack format alongside the game since they instantly export, I'd hope at least the Wii gets them like that someday.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    The-XaiaX;4696692 said:
    So far, every "pack only" song (the two ozzie tracks, full version of 2112) has included pro charts with the pack.

Or maybe I'm just imagining that.

I believe you're correct about this. It gives me hope.
    edited April 2012
    It's not a particularly large pool, especially when you consider there was no other way to do 2112. The suite wasn't a downloadable item on its own, so it had no Pro upgrade trigger, and buying a single part only wouldn't work since the suite has a different song ID. To say nothing about how buying just a segment of the Pro upgrade would leave two thirds of the song empty on Pro guitar.
  • The-XaiaXThe-XaiaX Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    "That seems likely. It's a way to push disk sales. Now if the game bombs, then we might get the songs as DLC at a later date."

What disk? It's a downloadable game.

As they said on the show, if you don't care about the game, you can treat it as a 20+ song pack (they haven't confirmed 25, licensing can be a pain) that just happens to have a free game come with it.

Given Minecraft's $20, I'm betting RBB will also be $20, which is a good deal for even a 20 song pack. Hell, I think I paid that much for the original Queen 12 pack. (That's 1600, right?)
    edited April 2012
    The-XaiaX;4706415 said:
    Given Minecraft's $20, I'm betting RBB will also be $20, which is a good deal for even a 20 song pack. Hell, I think I paid that much for the original Queen 12 pack. (That's 1600, right?)
    No Queen 12-pack. The 11th and 12th songs were nabbed for LEGO. The 10-pack is...1440? 1280...I don't remember.

12-packs ARE 1600, yes(same with the 21-pack of CTP2 songs, the 16 BSSM songs, and the 18 London Calling songs, among others), but Queen was not one.
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4696514 said:
    You won't be able to purchase the pro upgrade in the music store, but the song could still have a pro upgrade included, much like the extra songs in the Ozzy pack, or the songs on the RB3 disk.
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4699268 said:
    It's not a particularly large pool, especially when you consider there was no other way to do 2112. The suite wasn't a downloadable item on its own, so it had no Pro upgrade trigger, and buying a single part only wouldn't work since the suite has a different song ID. To say nothing about how buying just a segment of the Pro upgrade would leave two thirds of the song empty on Pro guitar.

What's your point? Really your message looks rather pointless.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    lvmathemagician;4706768 said:
    What's your point? Really your message looks rather pointless.

the point is that in order for a pro-upgrade to be in a song, it already needs to be on the song. or the song needs to be in the music store so they can add an option there to download the pro-guitar

songs like 2112, or the Ozzy ones are not available in the store as singles, so you cant download the pro upgrades for a single one.

so the only way blitz could have pro-upgrades would be if they were included in it
  • edited April 2012
    Pro Upgrades are not included with the songs. @RockBand Tweeted it yesterday.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4706771 said:

so there we go, seeing as the songs are also not in the store as singles, there aren't going to be pro-upgrades.
  • edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4706772 said:
    so there we go, seeing as the songs are also not in the store as singles, there aren't going to be pro-upgrades.

Well they said there is a chance upgrades could be added after the game comes out. Maybe they are planing on releasing the songs as singles eventually.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    It's a must biuy!

From what I am gathering it's more of a puzzle game, trying to build the highest multiplier across all different instrument tracks at the same time and sustaining them.

And the fact that the songs are playable in Rock Band 3 is completely awesome! It's like DLC at a discounted price if you figure the game to be around 1600 Points or $20.00. 25 songs for $20.00.
  • SamDakotaSamDakota Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I can't wait for this game! It's like DLC with a separate game included.
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4706769 said:
    the point is that in order for a pro-upgrade to be in a song, it already needs to be on the song. or the song needs to be in the music store so they can add an option there to download the pro-guitar

songs like 2112, or the Ozzy ones are not available in the store as singles, so you cant download the pro upgrades for a single one.

so the only way blitz could have pro-upgrades would be if they were included in it

That couldn't have been the point as the point was already made and he was commenting on a post that acknowledged that fact. It looks like an argument was trying to be made out of nothing.

Also, the post he quoted never said that songs not in the store could have pro upgrades. Only acknowledged that songs sold in packs could have upgrades when the song isn't offered in the store.
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4706771 said:

That's sad to hear. Understandable, but sad.