Please bring the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack as DLC for Wii

nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I won't complain about the lack of Rock Band Blitz for Wii. But could you at least bring the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack as DLC for RB3 for the Wii? I've only heard about a couple of songs so far but would love to have them in RB3.

Comments

• GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4696233 said:
    Hopefully the Wii players don't lost out on the love D:
    But I would prefer it be a delay of sorts rather than instantly providing it. Not because I'm mean, but because hopefully it'll make at least a few Wii owners get that final push to jump to the other consoles and enjoy the fruits that the other consoles have to offer that the Wii can't.

Well, that sounds kind of mean alone saying for people to just jump ships of 25 songs. A little hard when your mom chose your console and have almost $500 in songs and $200 in instruments. That's the main reason I can't move. Parents say it's too much money
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    I didn't mean for it to come off as abrasive, sorry.
    Yeah, I know there's that problem, but every tiny incentive counts for people to jump ship. At least I would assume so.
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4696243 said:
    I didn't mean for it to come off as abrasive, sorry.
    Yeah, I know there's that problem, but every tiny incentive counts for people to jump ship. At least I would assume so.

It just seems kind of unprofitable from my point not to release them as DLC. The 5 announced songs alone would sell very well as DLC.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I really hope this happens. I'd hate to miss our on Pumped Up Kicks, Bang your Head, and Once Bitten Twice Shy.
  • edited April 2012
    There has been an official statement made:
    John Drake said:
    I dunno
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    At the very best, I'd like to see a retail release of RB:B with a code to download the tracks on Rock Band 3 included with the purchase. That way, Wii owners could have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.

But at the very least we should be able to download the songs. I'm with everyone here- I don't want to switch consoles at this point considering how much money I've sunk into the system already, as well as how late in the generation it is.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4696363 said:
    There has been an official statement made:

more like "I'unno"
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    please really make this happen. i would hate to feel left oput again. I can't even get the new dlc, can't export most of the games and beeing short on 25 would suck, especially if the songs are all as good as these :)
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Wii users confuse me.

As far as I'm concerned the Wii isn't a console to play non exclusives on. The only thing you should ever do with the Wii is play the Nintendo exclusives and gamecube games, because the gamecube rocked. It just make no sense why you would purchase Rock Band for the Wii knowing it isn't that great of a console and will lessen your experience by things like no RB:B songs

I own a Wii, and do exactly what I said, play gamecube games and some Mario every once in awhile.
    I am no "Xbox fanboy" trying to sound like a meany, simply want to send this message to other fellow Wii owners

So... no. No "special track pack", just get a PS3/Xbox or at least get the PS4/new Xbox that are rumored to be a year or two away and then you won't have to complain about being left out.
    edited April 2012
    great that works for you. I have invested in a lot of DLC and equipment for my wii and it sucks this kind of things happen after that. i didn't read anywhere that if I bought a Wii I was in risk of losing some DLC
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    diieeego;4696981 said:
    great that works for you. I have invested in a lot of DLC and equipment for my wii and it sucks this kind of things happen after that. i didn't read anywhere that if I bought a Wii I was in risk of losing some DLC

No your loosing any DLC, but you aren't guaranteed the same DLC as other systems.
    If they really wanted to they could release songs only for the Wii or only PSN.
    Thats why when they announce DLC they don't just say the songs, they also have that whole paragraph saying avaiable for Wii, Xbox, Playstion and all that other great stuff.

Wii users aren't "loosing" any of their DLC, they are simply not getting it
    edited April 2012
    well that's what i meant. it doesn't get away from the fact that it sucks and that if it were a Wii exclusive you wouldn't be so cool about it.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
    frankumms;4696975 said:
    Wii users confuse me.

As far as I'm concerned the Wii isn't a console to play non exclusives on. The only thing you should ever do with the Wii is play the Nintendo exclusives and gamecube games, because the gamecube rocked. It just make no sense why you would purchase Rock Band for the Wii knowing it isn't that great of a console and will lessen your experience by things like no RB:B songs
    What you say is true now. What you say is not necessarily true at the time most people started their Rock Band Wii journey.

Up until the release of Rock Band 3, the Rock Band experience on the Wii was steadily getting better. The original Wii Rock Band was no better than its PS2 counterpart, with no DLC and no hope for expandability. But then Rock Band 2 came out, offering DLC and even a few free tracks. The 20 song freeby-pack made it to the Wii. "Still Alive" made it to the Wii. Wii owners didn't get to enjoy pack discounts and there was no sign of RB1, AC/DC or RBN tracks making it into the game, but still, it was a lot better than before.

Then Rock Band 3 came out, with almost one-to-one support with the other platforms. (I stress "almost," and I also stress I'm speaking in relative terms.) Wii players got pro stuff! Pack discounts! The Rock Band Network! Even RB2 and Green Day exports!

So, after the Wii port has languished in no-patch hell, Nintendo has put their foot down with no more freebies, the RBN has dried up and hope for any new exports from earlier games has faded, only now is it clear that the Wii's RB experience is not going to get any better. For people just now buying RB3, that's not a problem. For people who have the motivation, and can afford to switch consoles and rebuy all the games and DLC, that's not a problem. But those two groups do not include a whole lot of people.
    edited April 2012
    Thank you Fuji. I was unable to be as clear as you
    edited April 2012
    FujiSkunk;4697151 said:

So, after the Wii port has languished in no-patch hell, Nintendo has put their foot down with no more freebies, the RBN has dried up and hope for any new exports from earlier games has faded, only now is it clear that the Wii's RB experience is not going to get any better. For people just now buying RB3, that's not a problem. For people who have the motivation, and can afford to switch consoles and rebuy all the games and DLC, that's not a problem. But those two groups do not include a whole lot of people.

It's really hard to also switch when your parents say you can only have a Wii. Plus replacing almost $500 in DLC and $150 in instruments is difficult when you're 16 going on 17. Plus buy those new consoles will cost $400-$500+ alone then there is buying all the instruments you need again (excluding a mic if you own one) and then there is all that DLC. That would be in my case almost if not over $1000 which is quite hard to come up with.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    The wii is a dying console unfortunately, but i credit it with giving me the rock band fever.I downloaded a copy of rb2 on my chipped wii because after playing the gh franchise i knew that rb2 was a far superior game but rb2 was never officialy released in australia (*sorry australia).The wii is just a toy, when i cranked up rb2 on my hifi system it sounded terrible and i knew that the wii was not suitable for my needs. I don't think harmonix will release this game on an underpowered dying console unfortunatley.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I did get a Wii for its exclusive titles. I had an N64 and a SNES before that. I like Nintendo.

I also have a PS2 where I played GH, GH2 and GH80s.

When GH and RB came to the Wii, I could have bought another console just for those or use the one I already had, which is what I did. Considering GH git its start on the PS2 I figured the Wii wiukd be able to handle it. For the most part it has.
    frankumms;4696975 said:
    Wii users confuse me.

I own a Wii, and do exactly what I said, play gamecube games and some Mario every once in awhile.
    I am no "Xbox fanboy" trying to sound like a meany, simply want to send this message to other fellow Wii owners

So... no. No "special track pack", just get a PS3/Xbox or at least get the PS4/new Xbox that are rumored to be a year or two away and then you won't have to complain about being left out.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    careful not to turn this I to a console war please. It was just a request for dlc.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    The Wii version has always been the weakest one for Rock Band. It's not like PlayStation 3 where the two versions started about equal, only to get RBN and XMB crashes a couple of years in. I'm not expecting any of the Blitz songs to ever show up on the Wii, but it was said in the livestream that they'd look into either a Wii U version of Blitz or DLC release, which is more than I was expecting to hear.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    nuttzo31;4698208 said:
    The wii is a dying console unfortunately, but i credit it with giving me the rock band fever.I downloaded a copy of rb2 on my chipped wii because after playing the gh franchise i knew that rb2 was a far superior game but rb2 was never officialy released in australia (*sorry australia).The wii is just a toy, when i cranked up rb2 on my hifi system it sounded terrible and i knew that the wii was not suitable for my needs. I don't think harmonix will release this game on an underpowered dying console unfortunatley.

So you're a pirate. I'm sure HMX appreciates you not paying for the software you downloaded on to the Wii.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    I own a Wii and I feel it has a stronger library than both the PS3 and Xbox 360, although I play the latter the most since it's the system I have Rock Band on.

It is unfortunate that it can't run Blitz, however. I do wish that those who have sided with the Wii for Rock Band will get their kicks out of the soundtrack somehow.
  • IBKIBKIBKIBK Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    A deal similar to the country pack dlc would be great.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    lvmathemagician;4698677 said:
    So you're a pirate. I'm sure HMX appreciates you not paying for the software you downloaded on to the Wii.
    I don't think i am a pirate, I downloaded Rock Band 2 to check it out and then i deleted it and went and bought it on PS3.Normally i would just rent the game out but because i live in Australia it was never released here.I now own pro drums,pro keys,pro guitar, all of the titles(except green day which i didn't keep but exported) and i have 768 songs so i don't think harmonix will feel too bad about it.
  • MinksterMinkster Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I, for one, started out with RB2 on the WII. I have purchased 3 guitars, keyboard, and drum for the WII. I purchased Beatles RB, LEGO RB, Green Day RB, Rock Band 1 & 3, AC DC Track Pack, plus bought around 250 songs of DLC. That is well over $1000 invested in Rock Band. I AM TIRED OF XBOX USERS TELLING ME TO "JUST SWITCH" IF I DON"T LIKE WHAT HARMONIX IS LEAVING OUT FOR THE WII. I can't afford to JUST swith over and repay $1000 for the same games and songs I have purchased.

I will purchase the new WII U, when it comes out this year. I just hope HARMONIX just doesn't drop us LOYAL WII customers. But I am prepared for that eventuality.

To all of those XBOX users: you SHOULD WANT all consoles to stay relevent. The more game and DLC sales, the more the game stays alive. We all know the music game genre has almost died out. There are just a few of us hardcore music lovers and players keeping it alive. So, keep on trashing us WII Rock Band players and your community will find itself much smaller.
  • minorleagueguyminorleagueguy Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Minkster;4698908 said:
    I, for one, started out with RB2 on the WII. I have purchased 3 guitars, keyboard, and drum for the WII. I purchased Beatles RB, LEGO RB, Green Day RB, Rock Band 1 & 3, AC DC Track Pack, plus bought around 250 songs of DLC. That is well over $1000 invested in Rock Band. I AM TIRED OF XBOX USERS TELLING ME TO "JUST SWITCH" IF I DON"T LIKE WHAT HARMONIX IS LEAVING OUT FOR THE WII. I can't afford to JUST swith over and repay $1000 for the same games and songs I have purchased.

I will purchase the new WII U, when it comes out this year. I just hope HARMONIX just doesn't drop us LOYAL WII customers. But I am prepared for that eventuality.

To all of those XBOX users: you SHOULD WANT all consoles to stay relevent. The more game and DLC sales, the more the game stays alive. We all know the music game genre has almost died out. There are just a few of us hardcore music lovers and players keeping it alive. So, keep on trashing us WII Rock Band players and your community will find itself much smaller.
    ...this is how I feel...I have a Wii, and I am not ready to dump a grand + on a new console/DLC/instruments....I would be happy if I could get all 25 songs on DLC...
    edited April 2012
    Minkster;4698908 said:

I'll just say this now, even being as Wii user: Don't expect much change for Rock Band on the WiiU. If a RB4 is released. The newest thing it could have would be patching. RB1 and L:RB will stay unexported. The earlier you prepare yourself, the less disappionted you might be. Personally, it would be great if we got those songs but I'm not holding my breath.
  • mavsfan800mavsfan800 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    If you do release the rock band blitz tracks, can you release rock band 1, AC/DC rock band, LEGO rock band, and all the RBN tracks to the wii? its not fair to see the song list for 360 and ps3 and not have these amazing tracks for the wii. I hate that i cant afford a new game system but please i wish they do this so i wont have to start all over when buying a ps3/360 and buy all the songs
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    mavsfan800;4718735 said:
    If you do release the rock band blitz tracks, can you release rock band 1, AC/DC rock band, LEGO rock band, and all the RBN tracks to the wii? its not fair to see the song list for 360 and ps3 and not have these amazing tracks for the wii. I hate that i cant afford a new game system but please i wish they do this so i wont have to start all over when buying a ps3/360 and buy all the songs
    The RBN for Wii is canceled. Gone. Finished. Over. How many times do we have to keep saying it?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Not sure if serious, but it's a pretty tall order to ask them to release 100 disc songs and a Track Pack from a band who refuse to sell downloadable music just for the least popular console for DLC, never mind the RBN situation they've already explained.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4718749 said:
    Not sure if serious, but It's a pretty tall order to ask them to release 100 disc songs and a Track Pack from a band who refuse to sell downloadable music just for the least popular console for DLC, never mind the RBN situation they've already explained.
    And if they could just give them all Pro upgrades, that'd be greaaaaat.

There's an Office Space picture here if you use your imagination.