Will Blitz tracks be pro mode upgradable?

Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I know typically the answer is no but I was wondering if someone from HMX can confirm. Maybe they found a way to do it?

Comments

• frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Well, it's doable all depending on how they format the pack. If each blitz song is saved to the disk separately and then uploaded into blitz and RB3. Then they can cherry pick songs to have upgrades available to purchase in the store.

If it is considered a track pack, being one file with many songs(which I'm 99% sure of) then no they can't give certain songs pro upgrades, they would have to provide upgrades with the pack, for every song. Which won't happen, they would have already announced that.

I personally don't care, I love pro but I don't care how many songs come out for pro, I will always play legacy first.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    "You can play them only in Rock Band 3 because they actually are created as Rock Band 3 format songs," Nordhaus said, pointing out things like the inclusion of "pro instrument" support that isolates the RB3 tracks.
    From this article written by the former Joystiq editor-in-chief.
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/4/2924768/rock-band-blitz-xbla-psn
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    thats a bummer, I dont play pro guitar but I would think those that do would have loved to have had Quiet Riot's "Metal Health". I personally cant wait to play all three of those solo's with my old 5-button!!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
    Tego1in;4697025 said:
    From this article written by the former Joystiq editor-in-chief.
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/4/2924768/rock-band-blitz-xbla-psn

That doesn't say there won't be pro guitar.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I'm not sure why they wouldn't include at some point a $1 upgrade for PRO guitar.

Not necessarily that they will or must, but can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    i wouldn't get my hopes up for any of these tracks getting pro guitar. MAYBE if they eventually release the songs separately as DLC, one or two will get upgrades.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but again, why?

I mean, as true as this may be, I don't understand why it is. I can't think of a technical issue. Is there a legal one? If it's a legal/licensing issue then how does it differ from other PRO upgrades?
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    frankumms;4697021 said:
    If it is considered a track pack, being one file with many songs(which I'm 99% sure of) then no they can't give certain songs pro upgrades, they would have to provide upgrades with the pack, for every song. Which won't happen, they would have already announced that.

The game itself can probably accept a pro upgrade for an individual song in a pack, it's just that they'd have to work out how to put it in the in-game store. I believe the reason they don't put upgrades in the store by themselves (instead of within a song's purchase page) is because there are careless people out there that would buy upgrades for songs they don't have and then get angry.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    raynebc;4697790 said:
    I believe the reason they don't put upgrades in the store by themselves (instead of within a song's purchase page) is because there are careless people out there that would buy upgrades for songs they don't have and then get angry.

Yes, indeed. So the only way would be if HMX release all the songs as single DLC files available on the store, which is likely to not happen judging by the info so far. I guess they could put a work-around into the game engine of RB3 but that would require a patch and those are currently rarer than rocking horse do-do.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    raynebc;4697790 said:
    The game itself can probably accept a pro upgrade for an individual song in a pack, it's just that they'd have to work out how to put it in the in-game store. I believe the reason they don't put upgrades in the store by themselves (instead of within a song's purchase page) is because there are careless people out there that would buy upgrades for songs they don't have and then get angry.

HMX doesn't need to work out how to put it in the in game store. If all the tracks already have the pro upgrade, then there is no requirement for an entry in the store. Ozzy has tracks that don't appear in the store and they have pro upgrades, plus all the songs on disk have upgrades that don't appear in the store. The catch is, the pro upgrades have to be built into the tracks already. which seems unlikely considering the price of the game. However, unlikely doesn't mean that pro tracks won't be there.
    edited April 2012
    To keep the cost down, I also doubt they'll include upgrades built-in for all of the tracks. Maybe some of them if we're lucky. If it's a matter of sales cost instead of development costs, perhaps they could sell an upgrade to cover pro guitar for all of the game's songs at once, I know they'd get some takers, but probably not enough to make it worth their while.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Blasteroids;4697798 said:
    ...rocking horse do-do.

Would that be wood chips?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    skyp1e;4697526 said:
    Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but again, why?

I mean, as true as this may be, I don't understand why it is. I can't think of a technical issue. Is there a legal one? If it's a legal/licensing issue then how does it differ from other PRO upgrades?

these 25 songs were charted to be released as part of a game that has no use for or ability to use pro G/B charts. just because they can ALSO be played in RB3, that isn't their primary purpose, the primary purpose is to provide a built-in tracklist for a new game. seems like wishful thinking to think they'd put in the extra time and effort to add and include pro guitar charts for a game that doesn't use them. the only reason these tracks will have pro keys, drums, and harmonies is because that's the standard for all new songs. pro guitar isn't a standard for all songs, just an optional upgrade available for a few. it's possible they could add them, but it seems highly unlikely.

and if they don't come with the pro upgrades automatically, the only way to get them is if the songs are released as DLC, since the only way to purchase a pro upgrade is through the corresponding DLC entry in the in-game store. and it's not definite that these songs will be released individually as DLC. HMX said they were looking at options to make the game available on Wii or Wii U. presumably if they figured out a way to release the game for Wii, they wouldn't feel the need to also release it as DLC.

even though we RB3-players may look at this primarily as a track pack with a game added on, i think HMX looks at it the opposite way: a new game, first and foremost, with a tracklist that happens to be playable in their other games as well. thus, i would expect it's more likely they would treat this like a game in regards to exports (in this case, being free and automatic) than treating it like a track pack where the songs eventually get released as DLC as a later date. and if they do eventually give it the DLC treatment, it will be like the CTP2 where only 1 or 2 songs get pro upgrades.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Or they could all have pro upgrades.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    tnevaker;4698414 said:
    if they do eventually give it the DLC treatment, it will be like the CTP2 where only 1 or 2 songs get pro upgrades.
    I really don't think Blitz tracks are going to be released as DLC. Lego Rock Band's setlist was never released as DLC. Green Day was never released as DLC. Most track packs were later released as DLC because they only had a handful of new tracks. The only exception was Country Track Pack 2, which was all new tracks.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    tdc002;4700466 said:
    I really don't think Blitz tracks are going to be released as DLC. Lego Rock Band's setlist was never released as DLC. Green Day was never released as DLC. Most track packs were later released as DLC because they only had a handful of new tracks. The only exception was Country Track Pack 2, which was all new tracks.
    But Blitz is the only one NOT released on a particular platform.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    tdc002;4700466 said:

Maybe as a pack available for 20 bucks... oh wait.
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I hope the pro upgrades are already built-in (and that's why were getting only 1 per week for months, they usually release nice batch with couple of pro ups tagged along every 3 or 4 months. ).
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    They said they're not, but could get upgraded in the future.
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4710256 said:
    Shame, but maybe few will be upgradable on launch.
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4710256 said:

Bummer. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    In the past HMX was tied down by company owners.

They've said a few times BLITZ is 100% HMX.

So maybe they did do blitz pro upgrades because its right versus profitable.

Country Pack 2 was re-released recently making a case for willingness to offer upgrades on things that dont require them.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I'm just glad to hear that, despite this being (in some ways) a "Track Pack", the individual songs are capable of being upgraded to Pro in the future. Or maybe other exported song sets could be upgraded, but never have been for some other reason? I don't remember reading any official comment on the subject. Maybe they will export from Blitz into RB3 via a different method than what the other games used.

Edit: well, they will export in RB3 format, unlike all previous games, so it's probably as simple as that.
    edited April 2012
    defdog99;4711181 said:
    So maybe they did do blitz pro upgrades because its right versus profitable.
    The only stupider decision they could make relating to Rock Band is putting out a new disc that doesn't read any DLC, and stop making DLC at the same time.

Maybe we'll just believe them when they say they DIDN'T do upgrades, and not say they're lying and really did even though it's a ridiculous moneysink.
    edited April 2012
    Only HMX knows if pro upgrades are profitable for them.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I guess the question is, can they record Keys but NOT pro-keys ?
    Because blitz renders keys.

I'd guess the songs all have Pro-keys in them (where applicable) so it's just getting pro guitar/pro bass updates piecemeal.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    It's safe to assume that every song with keys will have pro keys, just like every song with keys from the past year and a half.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Yup. Keys/Pro Keys are a package deal(where applicable), while pro guitar/bass is usually available on just one song each week. I'd be surprised if more than 2 or 3 of these get upgrades, if any.
    edited April 2012
    Jessie's Girl is definitely going to be one of the options if options ever exist.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4711938 said:
    Jessie's Girl is definitely going to be one of the options if options ever exist.

Good learning song, except the solo maybe.