RBB to Rb3

metalgod22metalgod22 Opening Act
edited June 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
okay lets say I buy Rock Band Blitz (which I will) can the songs on there be trasfered to Rock Band 3. So I can play Real Instruments on those songs?

Comments

• dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    Once Bitten Twice Shy isn't confirmed as an actual song in RBB. It could just be future DLC, but we'll have to see.
  • SJ0414SJ0414 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    dragoninforcer;4697647 said:
    Once Bitten Twice Shy isn't confirmed as an actual song in RBB. It could just be future DLC, but we'll have to see.
    It's more or less confirmed. A portion of the track was played in the trailer, along with Metal Health, Pumped Up Kicks, and some others. It would be strange for Harmonix to include the song in the trailer but not in the actual game.
  • ThisnameislameThisnameislame Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    SJ0414;4698087 said:
    It's more or less confirmed. A portion of the track was played in the trailer, along with Metal Health, Pumped Up Kicks, and some others. It would be strange for Harmonix to include the song in the trailer but not in the actual game.

Nope, the 4 songs in the trailer are the 4 officially confirmed songs.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Thisnameislame;4698113 said:
    Nope, the 4 songs in the trailer are the 4 officially confirmed songs.

5 songs, not 4
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Harmonix sure seems to be ignoring the fifth for all of you that are hellbent on saying it's confirmed.
    edited April 2012
    SJ0414;4698087 said:

True, would be strange. Kind of how "Old Time Rock & Roll" was used to promote Guitar Hero but wasn't even included on-disc or as DLC.
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4698121 said:
    Harmonix sure seems to be ignoring the fifth for all of you that are hellbent on saying it's confirmed.

I didn't know my post showed that I was hellbent. Oh well. Anyway, I swore I heard the song in that trailer, but it was more likely I thought I heard it because I read the articles announcing the game after watching the trailer.
  • SJ0414SJ0414 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Is it that far of a stretch to assume the song will be in the game, after clearly seeing the title in the song selection menu? They wouldn't have intentionally given a peek of it in the video if they really wanted to keep everything as a mystery.
    edited April 2012
    deathmonkey;4698130 said:
    I didn't know my post showed that I was hellbent.
    I didn't know I used 'all of you' to single out someone. Seems like the opposite of what 'all' means, really.
    SJ0414;4698159 said:
    Is it that far of a stretch to assume the song will be in the game, after clearly seeing the title in the song selection menu? They wouldn't have intentionally given a peek of it in the video if they really wanted to keep everything as a mystery.
    If they padded the setlist with DLC, it seems just as possible that their dev box might have slipped in a DLC song that's coming. Hell, they updated the site with that one song that has some Pokemon theme in it(edit: Just For Tonight. Look into it, there's an instrumental break 3 minutes in, Pokemon riff) saying it was released on LEGO, but it came out as DLC shortly after LEGO.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'm so confused by this post

can you read at all? If you read any of the press releases at alllllllllllll you would see this is prettty clearly stated

Guess reading really doesnt exist any more. =/
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    frankumms;4698183 said:
    I'm so confused by this post

can you read at all? If you read any of the press releases at alllllllllllll you would see this is prettty clearly stated

Guess reading really doesnt exist any more. =/
    None of the official Harmonix stuff mentions it at all. It is mentioned in non-Harmonix press. Check the Blitz tab and look at currently announced song section... No Great White. It certainly may be a track for Blitz, but Harmonix didn't make it official. That is the reason people keep saying it isn't official yet. I think that is a simple thing to grasp, reading comprehension aside.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    Harmonix has not confirmed that Once Bitten, Twice Shy will come with Blitz. Everyone is talking about it because it can be seen in a menu screen during the G4tv interview, along with other RB songs. At this time, the press is assuming the song will be part of Blitz, but Harmonix has not said anything.

2:25 mark in this video: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58009/harmonix-announces-rock-band-blitz/

Other songs listed:

Never Gonna Give You Up
    Night Fever
    Nights on Broadway
    Number of the Beast
    Once Bitten, Twice Shy
    One Vision
    Peace of Mind
    Panic
    Peace of Mind
    Pick up the Peices
    Powerslave
    Prelude/Angry Young Man
    Pressure
    Private Eyes
    Pump Up the Kicks
    edited April 2012
    nunchuck charlie;4698186 said:
    None of the official Harmonix stuff mentions it at all. It is mentioned in non-Harmonix press. Check the Blitz tab and look at currently announced song section... No Great White. It certainly may be a track for Blitz, but Harmonix didn't make it official. That is the reason people keep saying it isn't official yet. I think that is a simple thing to grasp, reading comprehension aside.
    The G4 thing doesn't count as official? I feel like HMX would have told them everything to say.
    I know about this fifth song not being listed. But exporting to RB3 is mentioned in EVERY article
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    frankumms;4698213 said:
    The G4 thing doesn't count as official?
    No more than the Guns and Roses song leaked before RB1 accidently by Harmonix made "Welcome to the Jungle" an official song in RB1.

Yes, we are all 99% sure Once Bitten, Twice Shy will be released. But, at this time we don't know in what form it will be released in. All the other songs shown on that menu, except one, were DLC songs, so it is just as possible that Once Bitten, Twice Shy will be a DLC release in the future. Things like that have slipped out before...

I think, all we are saying, is the song is not officially part of Blitz until Harmonix says it is. It showing up on the menu screen was a mistake and no one from Harmonix has ever mentioned the song.
    edited April 2012
    Sayburr;4698219 said:
    No more than the Guns and Roses song leaked before RB1 accidently by Harmonix made "Welcome to the Jungle" an official song in RB1.

Yes, we are all 99% sure Once Bitten, Twice Shy will be released. But, at this time we don't know in what form it will be released in. All the other songs shown on that menu, except one, were DLC songs, so it is just as possible that Once Bitten, Twice Shy will be a DLC release in the future. Things like that have slipped out before...

I think, all we are saying, is the song is not officially part of Blitz until Harmonix says it is. It showing up on the menu screen was a mistake and no one from Harmonix has ever mentioned the song.

I understand that Once Bitten, Twice Shy isn't confirmed.

My whole argument of people needing to read, is the OP not knowing these songs will be available for RB3 non pro.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    i think it's safe to say that if OBTS doesn't show up as DLC in the next month or so, it's probably a Blitz song. i doubt they'd have a song ready and available on their xbox more than a month ahead of release.
  • sinobeetlesinobeetle Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I am stoked that the RB Blitz songs will be playable on RB3. Now I can choose not to download "Jessie's Girl" for Guitar Hero!
  • The-XaiaXThe-XaiaX Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Harmonix has a history of "leaking" things via song lists visible in the background of their videos.

I think sometimes it's even accidental.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited April 2012

Much like 2112 when it leaked, took them a while but they finally confirmed it. Then again, Spinning Wheel was shown to be on disc yet that never came to fruition. Moral of the story, just have to wait and see.
    deathmonkey;4698124 said:
    True, would be strange. Kind of how "Old Time Rock & Roll" was used to promote Guitar Hero but wasn't even included on-disc or as DLC.

Wasn't DLC?

There are some movie promos that have songs advertising them that are never in the movie, it's not unheard of.
  • juanisimochivajuanisimochiva Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Is RBB goin to be avaiable for download at the PlayStation Store or Xbox live???
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    juanisimochiva;4707700 said:
    Is RBB goin to be avaiable for download at the PlayStation Store or Xbox live???

both
    edited April 2012
    juanisimochiva;4707700 said:
    Everything but the Wii
    edited April 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4708175 said:
    Everything but the Wii
    And the PC.

And the Gamecube.

And the Xbox.

And the PS2.

And the PS1.

And the N64.

And the Dreamcast.

And the...ok, no. Boring.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    nunchuck charlie;4698186 said:

calm down i think that post is in response to the OP's question of will the songs in blitz be playable in rock band 3........
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4708185 said:
    And the PC.

And the Gamecube.

And the Xbox.

And the PS2.

And the PS1.

And the N64.

And the Dreamcast.

And the...ok, no. Boring.
    That's all you got? Come on, you're better then that.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4707436 said:
    Much like 2112 when it leaked, took them a while but they finally confirmed it. Then again, Spinning Wheel was shown to be on disc yet that never came to fruition. Moral of the story, just have to wait and see.
    Spinning Wheel was part of a presentation we were never meant to see--it was leaked by accident during an Italian video game conference (who knew they had those?) and was intended for trades people only, much in the same way the original Rock Band video had Welcome to the Jungle in it.

The game launched in October 2008 with the Old Time Rock and Roll campaign there from the beginning. The song became DLC in late February 2009. So they advertised a game using a song that wouldn't be available for four months after the game came out.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    tnevaker;4698425 said:
    i think it's safe to say that if OBTS doesn't show up as DLC in the next month or so, it's probably a Blitz song. i doubt they'd have a song ready and available on their xbox more than a month ahead of release.
    I suspect some dev boxes have had The Band - "The Weight (Live)" on them for the better part of a year.

If licensing falls through, items on dev boxes might never see public sale.
    edited April 2012
    LoopyChew;4708379 said:
    Spinning Wheel was part of a presentation we were never meant to see--it was leaked by accident during an Italian video game conference (who knew they had those?) and was intended for trades people only, much in the same way the original Rock Band video had Welcome to the Jungle in it.

The game launched in October 2008 with the Old Time Rock and Roll campaign there from the beginning. The song became DLC in late February 2009. So they advertised a game using a song that wouldn't be available for four months after the game came out.

Spinning Wheel was still in the same boat as Once Bitten Twice Shy, leaked without any verification as to what type of release it is. If it doesn't come to materialize we can add it to those who fell through like The Outlaws, The Band, etc. All we can do is wait and see what happens. For the record, RB never had Welcome to the Jumgle on it. It was a beta build to show off how the game would look and play.

Sucker Punch had When the Levee Breaks as a theme to the commercial, yet I never heard it in the film. The Rolling Stones are always heard in movies, but never on the soundtrack. There wasn't a campaign, it was a commercial. Wouldn't be like announcing Snoop coming to the game only to hold true 2 years later, only to lose a song afterwards. That isn't uncommon, just first time it happened in a rhythm game.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4709572 said:
    For the record, RB never had Welcome to the Jumgle on it. It was a beta build to show off how the game would look and play.
    That still falls under the category I'm putting Spinning Wheel under--"songs shown in videos not meant to be seen at large." I was addressing that, rather than anything to do with OBTS.
    Sucker Punch had When the Levee Breaks as a theme to the commercial, yet I never heard it in the film. The Rolling Stones are always heard in movies, but never on the soundtrack. There wasn't a campaign, it was a commercial. Wouldn't be like announcing Snoop coming to the game only to hold true 2 years later, only to lose a song afterwards. That isn't uncommon, just first time it happened in a rhythm game.

There was a campaign, in that there were multiple commercials riffing on Risky Business, backed by celebrities, singing (well, lip-synching) and supposedly playing on their plastic instruments, to that song, as Guitar Hero footage plays on a television they're looking at, advertising a game in which you can do what they're doing--just not to the song for which they're doing all that in the commercial, at least not without waiting four months from launch and then purchasing it for two bucks. That's got to be disingenuous, at least.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Same thing happened with Guitar Hero 3.

The commercial had a Velvet Revolver song playing, but the song didn't show up until DLC later on down the road.