RBN Community Spotlight : April 2012

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
It's that time of the month again! We've got a huge amount of stuff to announce today so we're just going to dive right in with our first announcement!

If there’s one thing we’re all in agreement on here in the Rock Band Community, it’s that Rock Band is always in need of more female fronted bands. So with that in mind we’re happy to announce we’re working with the legendary band My Ruin to bring their brand of hard hitting metal to Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/thunderbuckets/MyRuin2012byScottChalmers.jpg

We are looking forward to working with My Ruin and will be bringing multipy tracks starting with their magnum opus that is ‘A Southern Revelation’ which signifies the band’s seventh full length studio album as a symbol of staying power celebrating their determination and dedication to the fiercely independent DIY ethic that has always been a part of My Ruin.

Here’s what the heavy hitters in the music industry has been saying about metal’s best kept secret :

“Husband and wife sludge metallers turn in their most personal work yet. One of the most vital and impassioned albums released all year.”
5/5K’s – Paul Travers / KERRANG MAGAZINE!
————————————–
“My Ruin dish up a raw and revitalizing antidote to the insincere posturing so prevalent in more commercially motivated areas of heavy music. This is the real deal from start to finish.”
8/10 – Dom Lawson /METAL HAMMER MAGAZINE


Tairrie B has been a trailblazer for women in underground rock and one of the pioneers of ferocious-style female vocals with her trademark scream firmly in place since 1993. Often imitated but never duplicated with her distinct brand of stylish violence and storytelling, it’s her unique throat and unapologetic language that sets her apart from the many women who have followed in her footsteps over the years. With My Ruin’s latest pi

Comments

  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Shifting gears away from the angry white man metal march, we're announcing we're working on a trio of songs from female rock vocalist Astra Kelly!

    Kelly is an exceptional talent with a lyric-based, melodic sound that is a rich fusion of her Chicago roots in funk and blues merged with rock and acoustic elements. Classical and jazz trained, her passionate performance style is derived from her days of street performing in the Chicago subways, an undeniable devotion to music, and incessant touring. Her lyrics read like poetry, speaking of emotional transformation and personal freedom. Whether armed with an acoustic guitar or onstage with the full electric band, her delivery driven by impeccable vocal wailing is a powerful expression of her art and sound.

    You can listen to Astra's Music here :

    http://www.astrakelly.com/default.html

    We're currently working on These Days and it should hit testing later this month.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Oh and everyone thanks for the comments and keep them coming. I might not be able to respond to any of them, but we are reading every single one of them. Just too much to do to keep firing these announcements off. If I stop to comment on the comments, we'll be here all weekend :D
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    We announced a few months ago that we're working on 5 songs from Halcyon Way's new album Indoctrination.

    The title track just hit the marketplace late last night, and here's the next two tracks going into testing this month!

    Our Finest Hour :
    http://youtu.be/kb7yS4-dajg

    On Black Wings :
    http://youtu.be/lnaStk0BBak
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4698293 said:
    Wow. The song's instruments are gorgeous. The vocals leave a lot to be desired (too much auto tune), but besides that the instruments pull the song to a maybe buy. Awesome stuff.
    I'm gonna agree with Cipher here. The auto tune ruins the song. The vocals seem like they would actually sound good without it. And the instruments are great :D
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited April 2012
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698306 said:
    Shifting gears away from the angry white man metal march, we're announcing we're working on a trio of songs from female rock vocalist Astra Kelly!

    Kelly is an exceptional talent with a lyric-based, melodic sound that is a rich fusion of her Chicago roots in funk and blues merged with rock and acoustic elements. Classical and jazz trained, her passionate performance style is derived from her days of street performing in the Chicago subways, an undeniable devotion to music, and incessant touring. Her lyrics read like poetry, speaking of emotional transformation and personal freedom. Whether armed with an acoustic guitar or onstage with the full electric band, her delivery driven by impeccable vocal wailing is a powerful expression of her art and sound.

    You can listen to Astra's Music here :

    http://www.astrakelly.com/default.html

    We're currently working on These Days and it should hit testing later this month.
    The instruments are alright, but the vocals really don't sit right with me D:
    Her voice just isn't my cup of tea, is all.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4698321 said:
    The instruments are alright, but the vocals really don't sit right with me D:
    Her voice just isn't my cup of tea, is all.

    Serious question: Is anyone's vocals your cup of tea except Hayley Williams?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Looking to bring more New Wave/Electro/Shoegaze into your Rock Band collection?

    Then look no further than London's own Vienna in Love!

    You can follow the band on their Facebook here :
    http://www.facebook.com/viennainlove

    And check out there music, including "Surrender" which will be heading to Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz later this Spring!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/viennainlove
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    grumblevolcano;4698322 said:
    Serious question: Is anyone's vocals your cup of tea except Hayley Williams?
    I think he said he was partially into Arraya. Have no idea why.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4698326 said:
    I think he said he was partially into Arraya. Have no idea why.
    What's Arraya?
    grumblevolcano;4698322 said:
    Serious question: Is anyone's vocals your cup of tea except Hayley Williams?
    Of course, but as a vocalist my primary concern is how awesome it would be to sing the song so I have high standards for vocals in my music.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    grumblevolcano;4698322 said:
    Serious question: Is anyone's vocals your cup of tea except Hayley Williams?

    my vocals
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698324 said:
    Looking to bring more New Wave/Electro/Shoegaze into your Rock Band collection?

    Then look no further than London's own Vienna in Love!

    You can follow the band on their Facebook here :
    http://www.facebook.com/viennainlove

    And check out there music, including "Surrender" which will be heading to Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz later this Spring!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/viennainlove
    Surrender is alright, the drums are nice and consistent and the vocals aren't bad. The song's atmosphere is pretty cool, but I don't see myself buying it in the future.
  • edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698306 said:
    Shifting gears away from the angry white man metal march, we're announcing we're working on a trio of songs from female rock vocalist Astra Kelly!

    Kelly is an exceptional talent with a lyric-based, melodic sound that is a rich fusion of her Chicago roots in funk and blues merged with rock and acoustic elements. Classical and jazz trained, her passionate performance style is derived from her days of street performing in the Chicago subways, an undeniable devotion to music, and incessant touring. Her lyrics read like poetry, speaking of emotional transformation and personal freedom. Whether armed with an acoustic guitar or onstage with the full electric band, her delivery driven by impeccable vocal wailing is a powerful expression of her art and sound.

    You can listen to Astra's Music here :

    http://www.astrakelly.com/default.html

    We're currently working on These Days and it should hit testing later this month.
    This one sounds great! Ill need to keep an eye on it
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    More game play footage from a band we announced last month!

    Here's The Minotaur Project - Rampage of Kronos!
    http://youtu.be/dQPV_d6kf-o
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698336 said:
    More game play footage from a band we announced last month!

    Here's The Minotaur Project - Rampage of Kronos!
    http://youtu.be/dQPV_d6kf-o
    I'm really liking this song so far :D
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    I know we have had a lot of strange songs come through the Rock Band Network, but this one is strange even by those standards!

    When one of our authors first brought this song to me I was like... what just happened?

    I'll let you watch the video and see for yourself.

    Here's Masterchef Synesthesia by Swede Mason. Coming soon to Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz!
    http://youtu.be/SsQ9nRff5qs
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698344 said:
    I know we have had a lot of strange songs come through the Rock Band Network, but this one is strange even by those standards!

    When one of our authors first brought this song to me I was like... what just happened?

    I'll let you watch the video and see for yourself.

    Here's Masterchef Synesthesia by Swede Mason. Coming soon to Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz!
    http://youtu.be/SsQ9nRff5qs

    I want this on my Rock Band Blitz.
  • edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698344 said:
    I know we have had a lot of strange songs come through the Rock Band Network, but this one is strange even by those standards!

    When one of our authors first brought this song to me I was like... what just happened?

    I'll let you watch the video and see for yourself.

    Here's Masterchef Synesthesia by Swede Mason. Coming soon to Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz!
    http://youtu.be/SsQ9nRff5qs

    I actually enjoyed that. It reminded me of the music from Jet Set Radio Future.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4698327 said:
    What's Arraya?

    The Slayer vocalist (I think).
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698344 said:
    I know we have had a lot of strange songs come through the Rock Band Network, but this one is strange even by those standards!

    When one of our authors first brought this song to me I was like... what just happened?

    I'll let you watch the video and see for yourself.

    Here's Masterchef Synesthesia by Swede Mason. Coming soon to Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz!
    http://youtu.be/SsQ9nRff5qs

    That was something alright.

    All I'm hearing now is the buttery biscuit bass and the WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4698353 said:
    The Slayer vocalist (I think).

    Tom Araya
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4698352 said:
    I actually enjoyed that. It reminded me of the music from Jet Set Radio Future.
    I get the resemblance too, but this also proves that not all the music in that game was good.
    dragoninforcer;4698357 said:
    Tom Araya
    Oh, okay, just get rid of one of the r's. I was close!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Game play footage from a band we announced last month. Legendary Doom Metal pioneers Saint Vitus!

    This is Blessed Night!
    http://youtu.be/Rhv7vkuaWM8

    Saint Vitus got their start way back in 1979 and are often credited as the first Doom Metal band so it's an extreme honor to be working with a band of their stature!
  • edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4698359 said:
    I get the resemblance too, but this also proves that not all the music in that game was good.

    That game had one of my favorite soundtracks. I even have it on my Zune.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    The Astra Kelly and Vienna In Love both sound great, more buys from me.

    TAG is on a roll this month for me.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698364 said:
    Game play footage from a band we announced last month. Legendary Doom Metal pioneers Saint Vitus!

    This is Blessed Night!
    http://youtu.be/Rhv7vkuaWM8

    Saint Vitus got their start way back in 1979 and are often credited as the first Doom Metal band so it's an extreme honor to be working with a band of their stature!

    So, this is why I wish noble would rerecord videos instead of just making public our first ones. XP

    Pre-emptive response to the guitar chart:

    YES that solo was intentionally authored to be as troll-ish as possible, and

    NO the current version of the solo isn't as ridiculously stupid. It's not reduced to all sustains or anything, but it's definitely not as lolwut.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698344 said:
    I know we have had a lot of strange songs come through the Rock Band Network, but this one is strange even by those standards!

    When one of our authors first brought this song to me I was like... what just happened?

    I'll let you watch the video and see for yourself.

    Here's Masterchef Synesthesia by Swede Mason. Coming soon to Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz!
    http://youtu.be/SsQ9nRff5qs
    How... strange :p
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698364 said:
    Game play footage from a band we announced last month. Legendary Doom Metal pioneers Saint Vitus!

    This is Blessed Night!
    http://youtu.be/Rhv7vkuaWM8

    Saint Vitus got their start way back in 1979 and are often credited as the first Doom Metal band so it's an extreme honor to be working with a band of their stature!
    Why is planet's destiny "planet_s destiny"? o-o
    The song isn't to my liking, sadly enough D:
    The guitar isn't really interesting, even with the incredibly insanely charted solo.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4698385 said:
    How... strange :p


    Why is planet's destiny "planet_s destiny"? o-o
    The song isn't to my liking, sadly enough D:
    The guitar isn't really interesting, even with the incredibly insanely charted solo.
    Very early chart. The first alpha build actually, but we wanted to give you guys an idea of what the song will sound/look like in game. With most of these early look videos things will be a bit rough around the edges, but rest assured they'll get cleaned up before the enter creators and obviously before they hit the store.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4698313 said:
    We announced a few months ago that we're working on 5 songs from Halcyon Way's new album Indoctrination.

    The title track just hit the marketplace late last night, and here's the next two tracks going into testing this month!

    Our Finest Hour :
    http://youtu.be/kb7yS4-dajg

    On Black Wings :
    http://youtu.be/lnaStk0BBak
    Give me these songs NAO!!!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    Saint Vitus is the only thing announced so far that's doing anything for me.
Sign In or Register to comment.