What are your favorite RBN releases from this year so far?

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
So I've been at college since January 2nd and am coming home tomorrow to play Rock Band with my friend for several days, and we're trying to get a list of the best songs that have been released in the last few months.

So if you guys could suggest some great/fun/awesome/difficult/whatever songs, that'd be great.

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Well, Amazing Horse is about to come out and that oughta top my list.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    I am S/H(im)e[r] as You am S/H(im)e[r] as You are Me and We am I and I are All Our Together by Giraffes? Giraffes!

fun song to play

and yeah, Amazing Horse too.
  • edited April 2012
    The Jerry Naylor tracks. And of course any and all JoCo. My absolute favorite released so far is Luck You Got by The High Strung. Its going to be hard to top that unless TAG comes through with some Matt & Kim.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    there's another song that should be coming soon that I think everyone should buy
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4698362 said:
    The Jerry Naylor Tracks. And of course any and all JoCo. My absolute favorite released so far is Luck You Got by The High Strung. Its going to be hard to top that unless TAG comes through with some Matt & Kim.
    I don't want to sound rude in any way, but I see you mentioning us at TAG and Matt & Kim a lot. Have we ever done anything to imply we were working with or working towards Matt & Kim? I mean, Noble is Noble and has contacted every band under the sun so I'm sure we've sent some email to them in the past, but I don't think we've ever implied they were more likely than any other random band.

Again, I don't want to sound rude about it, but I just wanted to check any possibly false expectations.

Of course, if you're just saying you hope we bring Matt & Kim because you love them, and not because we said anything to imply it, then ignore all this and carry on, because passion about musical artists is fun and wonderful.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited April 2012
    Courage by Alien Ant Farm.
  • edited April 2012
    machetemonkey;4698372 said:
    I don't want to sound rude in any way, but I see you mentioning us at TAG and Matt & Kim a lot. Have we ever done anything to imply we were working with or working towards Matt & Kim? I mean, Noble is Noble and has contacted every band under the sun so I'm sure we've sent some email to them in the past, but I don't think we've ever implied they were more likely than any other random band.

Again, I don't want to sound rude about it, but I just wanted to check any possibly false expectations.

Of course, if you're just saying you hope we bring Matt & Kim because you love them, and not because we said anything to imply it, then ignore all this and carry on, because passion about musical artists is fun and wonderful.

Sorry there where talks a few months ago of possibly working with their label. But now that I look into it further it looks like I was mistaken and they aren't on Red Bull. Now I'm all embarrassed.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4698312 said:
    Well, Amazing Horse is about to come out and that oughta top my list.

wait how did I miss that announcement...

anyways my favorite Rock Band Network songs so this year (so far) are

Anarchy Club - "Für Immer Verloren"
    Alestorm - "Shipwrecked"
    Miracle of Sound - "Gordon Freeman Saved My Life"
    Lemon Demon - "BRODYQUEST"
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    I'm thinking Shipwrecked, and all Alestorm...
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4698384 said:
    Sorry there where talks a few months ago of possibly working with their label. But now that I look into it further it looks like I was mistaken and they aren't on Red Bull. Now I'm all embarrassed.
    Awwww. Well, I'm glad it was just a misinterpretation rather than some large fault on either of our parts.

It's gotta be disappointing to learn that, though. =/
  • edited April 2012
    I'm going to jump on the Shipwrecked love bandwagon as well. It's pirate metal, what's not to love? It's a lot of fun on all instruments too.

If you're looking for a fun yet challenging keys song and have liked Amberian Dawn's offerings so far, I recommend Pythia's Heartless as well.

Not much else I can add for 2012 since I'm on the PS3, and don't want to recommend anything I haven't played yet myself.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I've recently bought a couple of the Jerry Naylor tracks (50's rock and roll), Sunny Side Up tracks (ska), and "Bigger Than Kiss" (discusses the merits of beating the piss out of Peter Criss).

I'm still trying to pull the trigger on the Alestorm stuff. I fear that it is a bottomless hole which will lead to an eventual loss of morals and general regard for society, and once I buy one, I'm going to have to buy all.
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    My favorite release's would be LTJ 's Younger lungs, MC Lars This Gigantic Robot Kills, and all the A Day to Remember songs
  • emsegsemsegs Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    All the chaotrope stuff. And that s/h(im)e[r] one. Devin townsend stuff was pretty cool too. Also the solution .45 stuff.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    samjjones;4701872 said:

I'm still trying to pull the trigger on the Alestorm stuff. I fear that it is a bottomless hole which will lead to an eventual loss of morals and general regard for society, and once I buy one, I'm going to have to buy all.

You probably will, but "all" is only two at the moment (Shipwrecked and Back Through Time), and according to the author there's only one more coming (Keelhauled), so the hole isn't all that bottomless....
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    cwilbur;4701949 said:
    You probably will, but "all" is only two at the moment (Shipwrecked and Back Through Time), and according to the author there's only one more coming (Keelhauled), so the hole isn't all that bottomless....

wait Keelhauled is coming.... YAY!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    I've bought a crapton of songs so far this year (and no I don't buy everything).

There's been a lot of awesome stuff come out and it's only been three months! O_o
    edited April 2012
    firedoom666;4701993 said:
    wait Keelhauled is coming.... YAY!

That video was freaky might i add.
    And.. i'd like to see the Alestorm discography come.. but i doubt that.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    My favorites are Animal Instinct, Brains Out, Visceral, Gravitational Lensing, Clawmaster, M.O.N.O.S., Flesh and Blood, Baptised, and Liberation.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    firedoom666;4701993 said:
    wait Keelhauled is coming....

That's what I hear.
    Dangimarocker;4702086 said:
    That video was freaky might i add.

I figured since we were talking about Keelhauled he would have linked to this video.
    edited April 2012
    Am i the only one who hates Keelhauled's verses? I love the chorus though.
  • ShibariShibari Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    My absolute favorites this year have been Gravitational Lensing and Xenochrist! Too bad Sumerian isn't involved with RBN anymore :(
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Shibari;4720066 said:
    My absolute favorites this year have been Gravitational Lensing and Xenochrist! Too bad Sumerian isn't involved with RBN anymore :(
    There's a new Asking Alexandria song in testing right now (Reckless and Relentless).