Ideas before Launch

cashandbrocashandbro Unsigned
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Rock Band Blitz should be 3D compatible.

Also We should be able to use our instruments if we choose to. For example If I want to use a guitar, holding down the corresponding color, plays the corresponding lane. Or for instance drums hitting the corresponding colored drum pad determines which lane you are playing in (Of course you would need at least one cymbal designated for the last lane)

I think it would feel more familiar and probably seem more fun if I could hold down the green fret and strum the notes of the drum, Switch to the red fret and be playing bass, yellow guitar, and so on.

And I think 3D on this game would really help bring you into the experience, and make it less iPhone game feeling.

I know not everyone has 3D setups but throwing on my 3D glasses and guitar would make this game a blast.

Comments

• skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    cashandbro;4698511 said:
    Rock Band Blitz should be 3D compatible.

Also We should be able to use our instruments if we choose to. For example If I want to use a guitar, holding down the corresponding color, plays the corresponding lane. Or for instance drums hitting the corresponding colored drum pad determines which lane you are playing in (Of course you would need at least one cymbal designated for the last lane)

I think it would feel more familiar and probably seem more fun if I could hold down the green fret and strum the notes of the drum, Switch to the red fret and be playing bass, yellow guitar, and so on.

And I think 3D on this game would really help bring you into the experience, and make it less iPhone game feeling.

I know not everyone has 3D setups but throwing on my 3D glasses and guitar would make this game a blast.

As much as I would rather play with my instruments over a controller, it would give you an unfair advantage and defeat the purpose of the game.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Actually, 3D would be good for this game. Just the way the bright aesthetic would work with it. It would be awesome.

My personal wish is to somehow let me play the precursor to Blitz, Unplugged, on my Vita, but that's a distant pipefream.
  • itsyorakitsyorak Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    cashandbro;4698511 said:

The way you described using the instruments for controlling the game throws away any challenge the game has to offer. Just be happy with RB3.

Hopefully there is a customizable control option. I would have more fun playing the game with different control schemes.
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4698578 said:
    Actually, 3D would be good for this game. Just the way the bright aesthetic would work with it. It would be awesome.

My personal wish is to somehow let me play the precursor to Blitz, Unplugged, on my Vita, but that's a distant pipefream.

I do agree about this though. The game looks like it would be a treat in 3d. Alas, I haven't the hardware or cash to acquire said hardware if they take this advice. Still I can appreciate how neat it would be.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    The whole point of the game is that you don't need the instruments and can play with a regular controller. I think it would feel more unnatural to have to strum up and down for left and right lanes (not to mention impossible to hit chords) than to play a completely different game with a completely different controller. How would drums work? You hit a drum to switch lanes, then what?

3D is an overhyped gimmick that movie studios have invested way too much in to just let die.
  • edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4698608 said:

3D is an overhyped gimmick that movie studios have invested way too much in to just let die.
    I tend to agree. I have yet to see anything "3D" that made me think it was neccessary or even an "enhancement". (Other than real life of course)

Lets let the game come out before all the... what was it?... (backseat armchair developers? yeah I think that was what Drake said) go to work on making it "better".

;)
  • cashandbrocashandbro Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I'll start by saying I am a PS3 user. I have never played the other games similiar to this so I guess I just don't understand how the controls worked on those games. If it doesn't make sense to use a guitar controller, It doesn't make sense. I playstation move controller would be cool. Using the wand to change lanes and the trigger/X-button to hit the notes seems easy enough.

As for the 3D, it's a matter of opinion I suppose. It seems like it would make for a fun feature for this type of game. For instance a game like Super Stardust doesn't interest me at all, but the simple fact that you can play it in 3D caused me to buy it. There isn't a lot of content in 3D so I, and I'm assuming others would buy the game just because we have the equipment to use it.

Whether it "enhanced" the game is a matter of opinion. Does the stage kit enhance the game? No but it gives some people a more interactive feel, the same way 3D adds depth to the screen. I've played Rock Band 3 in "3D" via samsung converting the image, did it enhance the game no, but adding depth to the note-highway and having the notes come out at me a little was fun.

p.s. not trying to be a backseat developer or anything, just offering an idea that seems simple enough, to me. But what do I know.
    edited April 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4698613 said:
    I tend to agree. I have yet to see anything "3D" that made me think it was neccessary or even an "enhancement". (Other than real life of course)

Lets let the game come out before all the... what was it?... (backseat armchair developers? yeah I think that was what Drake said) go to work on making it "better".

;)

I feel that way about every 3D movie except for the first non red/blue 3D movie I ever saw. Avatar was definitely a new movie going experience for me.

Since then though, I've seen about a dozen 3D movies with my kids. The movies themselves were really good (Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, etc. ) the 3Dness was tacked on.

But Avatar was definitely different.

Now back to the topic.
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4698608 said:
    That's just what The Man wants you to think.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    3D wouldn't work in my house. I can't go see 3D movies either. Well, I could see them, it's just my wife physically can't. 3D technology gives a lot of people headaches. Adding 3d wouldn't be cost effective for this game. It wouldn't add enough sales to justify the extra costs.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    3D doesn't add ANY sales, more likely than not. There's maybe two people that go, "Well, I WAS gonna spring for this game, but it's not even in visual 3D? What's the point!"
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4699045 said:
    3D doesn't add ANY sales, more likely than not. There's maybe two people that go, "Well, I WAS gonna spring for this game, but it's not even in visual 3D? What's the point!"

Agreed. 3D is just a gimmick that is mostly pointless.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Don't really see any point in using instruments for this game. When I think of the Xbox Live Arcade I don't think of games that use such peripherals. Plus it would take the point out of being able to use a controller. I would LOVE to have this game controller only. I remember back in the day when Guitar Hero 3 used controllers. Last time you ever could in a rhythm game. This would be GREAT it'd bring back those memories PLUS be a unique game on its own.

I think if you wanted to add ANY ideas it would be in the form of additional modes of gameplay. This includes multiplayer which I anticipate seeing.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Here's an idea...to keep hype going....We know 4 songs as a certainty

Jessie's Girl
    Pumped Up Kicks
    Bang Your Head (Metal Health)
    Always

and a pretty solid rumor in Once Bitten Twice Shy

Unless some website has the setlist as an exclusive reveal how about letting us know a couple songs every week until launch? With 21 songs left to confirm that could drive traffic and hype for the next 10 weeks (Which would be on track for late June if we started in the next week...) Maybe make a game of it with hints and whatnot (If the mods are too busy I'm willing to come up with some fun hints and run the thread myself (sans spooky mod powers naturally...) :p
    edited April 2012
    Dragonclaw;4699273 said:
    Here's an idea...to keep hype going....We know 4 songs as a certainty

Jessie's Girl
    Pumped Up Kicks
    Bang Your Head (Metal Health)
    Always

and a pretty solid rumor in Once Bitten Twice Shy

Unless some website has the setlist as an exclusive reveal how about letting us know a couple songs every week until launch? With 21 songs left to confirm that could drive traffic and hype for the next 10 weeks (Which would be on track for late June if we started in the next week...) Maybe make a game of it with hints and whatnot (If the mods are too busy I'm willing to come up with some fun hints and run the thread myself (sans spooky mod powers naturally...) :p

I'm pretty sure this is already happening.
    edited April 2012
    As for the 3D idea. I don't have any of the hardware that would support 3D (like one of those fancy TVs), but I certainly think it would have a wow factor if it could support it.

If I ever find myself owning such a TV I'm sure I would enjoy the Blitz game more in 3D than 2D.

And I'm sure that the OP wasn't suggesting Blitz in 3D only. I am positive that such a feature would be optional in any game.
    edited April 2012
    I'm not saying 3D would be cost effective or anything, I just think it would blend well with the aethetic.
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4699841 said:
    I'm not saying 3D would be cost effective or anything, I just think it would blend well with the aethetic.

In case you haven't notice HMX's number one goal is to make money. If 3D isn't cost effective, then it won't be there.
    edited April 2012
    Alright. No need to jump down my throat about it. See, this is the kind of thing I was talking about 2 weeks ago.
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4699970 said:
    Alright. No need to jump down my throat about it. See, this is the kind of thing I was talking about 2 weeks ago.

You need to get you're persecution complex under control.
  • LandoLandoLandoLando Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I'd really love having avatars and an avatar creator of some sort, similar to the ones in FreQuency or Amplitude. I used to spend hours creating 2D ones in FreQuency. And, having unlockable customizable parts would add some replay value.
  • kissesxxkissesxx Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I agree, 3-D capability (even if it is just with 3-D glasses) would be excellent.