Additional Modes?

DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Does anyone have any ideas for any additional modes that could be included in the game? Y'know besides just achievements for doing something interesting.

When it comes to Xbox Live Arcade games like Plants vs. Zombies and Bejeweled two BIG names come to mind. The version of Plants vs. Zombies they have on XBL Arcade has WAY more features than the previous versions of it on the PC and so on. This has got me thinking.

If Blitz is supposed to be an arcade style game. It would be right for it to include some additional modes of play. Or even some in game challenges like they had in Rock Band 3 that had me and my brother playing for hours to complete.

Give me some of your ideas in this thread. I'm interested in seeing what the community can come up with.

Comments

• TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited April 2012
    In another thread, I mentioned that having a goal system be the main "career" would actually work better for a smaller game like this, not a full RB.

I wonder what they will do for multiplayer in this game.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4698712 said:
    In another thread, I mentioned that having a goal system be the main "career" would actually work better for a smaller game like this, not a full RB.

I would assume they wouldn't reuse the World Tour system of the first and second Rock Band games since it has you cruising the streets of the fictional city that most of Rock Band 3's in game cutscenes take place in.

I would however think your idea of a goal system would actually work. Since it IS a smaller game with 25 songs. I think they should add a series of goals in tiers. As you complete 80 percent of the goals you move up a tier of goals. So you wouldn't HAVE to play the harder songs unless you want to. The hardest tiers requiring you to play those harder songs either once or doing so and getting a certain score.
    edited April 2012
    DaxterDude;4699047 said:
    I would assume they wouldn't reuse the World Tour system of the first and second Rock Band games since it has you cruising the streets of the fictional city that most of Rock Band 3's in game cutscenes take place in.
    Didn't really like that. Apparently, the fictional city is somewhere in the Northeastern United States, probably Boston or New York, judging by the fact that the early Road Challenges start you near there.

Loss of hometown selection = crap.
    DaxterDude;4699047 said:
    I would however think your idea of a goal system would actually work. Since it IS a smaller game with 25 songs. I think they should add a series of goals in tiers. As you complete 80 percent of the goals you move up a tier of goals. So you wouldn't HAVE to play the harder songs unless you want to. The hardest tiers requiring you to play those harder songs either once or doing so and getting a certain score.
    I was thinking by-difficulty, but by-song would work too.

Hoping they can make the goal system truly dynamic, new releases = new goals.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4698712 said:
    Not have it.
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4699190 said:
    Not have it.
    Thanks for reminding me to check the facts thread - also found out that there's only one difficulty, meaning by-song-tier would be the only way to sort goals.