Rock Band Forums Band 2!!

GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
edited September 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Making a new thread for this second band, since the original thread is cluttered with all of the last lineup's stuff. Hopefully we can actually finish a song this time around.

Basically, we round up some musically talented folks from around these forums, and through means of the Internet, create music.

Lineup v.2
Guitar: dragoninforcer
Bass:
Keys/Piano:
Drums: GreatJedi7
Vocals:
MIDI Synth: LiveHomeVideo, GreatJedi7, dragoninforcer
Lyrics (If needed): Dangimarocker

(Keep in mind that we can have multiple guitarists, bassists, drummers, etc.)

Comments

  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Wish i could sing, because I love writing :(
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    Classical Electronic Folk Jazz Doom Metal Country Dubstep
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4700043 said:
    Wish i could sing, because I love writing :(

    I myself sound like a 12 year old on the mic. But I might make for some hilarious falsetto if we ever want to go with either novelty music or power metal.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Egyptian Jazz with Bongos and Sitars.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    We could go Prog-Rock like last time.

    And LHV, can I also provide additional MIDI chiptuney stuff? I think it would be cool if Gigakoops and Kira's Laugh (er, Nightlock) had a chiptune duel somewhere in the song.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    If you want to, that'd be fine and dandy.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    We'll also need a mix guy. Someone who can mix the music together to make it sound good.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4700050 said:
    If you want to, that'd be fine and dandy.

    Awesome! I'm really excited now.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    I know it sucks trying to sing someone else's lyrics... but i could provide some if need be.
    :)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    If we decide on vocals, we could use a lyrics writer.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    I'm sure my falsetto vocals could be heard from miles away. That being said, I could do background vocals, but thats it.





    Chiptune Duel you say? I want in on this. I have some effects that could make my guitar more digital sounding.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Sounds like we're going into electronic territory...
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    dragoninforcer;4700063 said:
    I'm sure my falsetto vocals could be heard from miles away.





    Chiptune Duel you say? I want in on this. I have some effects that could make my guitar more digital sounding.

    Omg 3 way chiptune battle o.O
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4700067 said:
    Omg 3 way chiptune battle o.O

    This is gonna be siiiiick.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4700066 said:
    Sounds like we're going into electronic territory...
    Unless you have any objections or any other ideas, LHV.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    GreatJedi7;4700081 said:
    This is gonna be siiiiick.

    See you guys could go from a hard rocking pro song and do the battle in the middle... though my ideas are usually terrible... so... lol
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    dragoninforcer;4700084 said:
    Unless you have any objections or any other ideas, LHV.

    I don't. I'm just stating what genre might work best with this concept.

    I would like to add maybe some progressive and/or technical elements in there, but that's ultimately up to you guys.

    Besides, when was I ever a groundbreaking songwriter :p
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to assume that this will be a Electronic song, but with some harder instruments and a harder sound.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4700066 said:
    Sounds like we're going into electronic territory...
    Dangimarocker;4700086 said:
    See you guys could go from a hard rocking pro song and do the battle in the middle... though my ideas are usually terrible... so... lol

    That could actually work. The last song pulled off the prog + electronic stuff pretty well I think, and even my solo chiptune project Nightlock has 4 songs (LHV was authoring an early non-chiptune version of one) on my album that tosses metal and chiptune into one genre.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    GreatJedi7;4700102 said:
    That could actually work. The last song pulled off the prog + electronic stuff pretty well I think, and even my solo chiptune project Nightlock has 4 songs (LHV was authoring an early non-chiptune version of one) on my album that tosses metal and chiptune into each other.

    BTW what happened to that? We were talking, I still have it authored, yet somehow we've quit discussing it.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4700105 said:
    BTW what happened to that? We were talking, I still have it authored, yet somehow we've quit discussing it.

    I think my parents pretty much threw everything down the toilet. I'd love to see it go up, but unfortunately my parents don't seem to have the same mindset as me. If it were to happen though, I'd love to send you the redone version that I pulled together for Nightlock so that could go up instead maybe.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    GreatJedi7;4700107 said:
    I think my parents pretty much threw everything down the toilet.

    Oh. How unfortunate.

    Hopefully this will work out to allow us to get this and all other songs on Rock Band, since I can technically say I share rights, due to being in the band.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    Well I'm working on some digital sounding effects for my guitar. I'll probably give you guys a preview of the sound in a bit.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4700110 said:
    Oh. How unfortunate.

    Hopefully this will work out to allow us to get this and all other songs on Rock Band, since I can technically say I share rights, due to being in the band.

    So would that mean I wouldn't have to send HMX all my info? I'm personally cool with doing that, but my parents... not so much. Which is strange because they keep telling me to do whatever I can to get my music out there.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    I'm trying to leave my parents out of this as much as possible. They don't even know that I make music XD
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    dragoninforcer;4700118 said:
    I'm trying to leave my parents out of this as much as possible. They don't even know that I make music XD

    My mom's OK with anything I do with my music. She thinks that if I can get money for college with the stuff I do with RBN, she's cool with it.

    And also, GreatJedi7, you wouldn't have to, since I could just give out mine (which I already have) and HMX could use that.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    My parents would probably be okay with me doing all this stuff, but then they'd want to listen to my music. That's a no for me.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4700124 said:
    My mom's OK with anything I do with my music. She thinks that if I can get money for college with the stuff I do with RBN, she's cool with it.
    Lucky. It almost seems like my parents don't want me to make money aside from a "real job", which is funny since they keep telling me that they're tired of paying for stuff I want.
    And also, GreatJedi7, you wouldn't have to, since I could just give out mine (which I already have) and HMX could use that.

    Cool. Well then that means I'm not dragging the band away from RBN. :)

    Edit @DI: Same here. My mom likes that I'm finally following through with a creative project, and that the album's almost done, and all that stuff, buuuuut she keeps saying she wants to hear it. I'm not sure she wants to listen to about half an hour of a genre she called 'annoying' the other night.

    Besides, they're all instrumentals, so it's not like they're vulgar or anything.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    I'd have to delete every song I start singing in. I'm shy as ****.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    GreatJedi7;4700131 said:

    Edit @DI: Same here. My mom likes that I'm finally following through with a creative project, and that the album's almost done, and all that stuff, buuuuut she keeps saying she wants to hear it. I'm not sure she wants to listen to about half an hour of a genre she called 'annoying' the other night.

    Besides, they're all instrumentals, so it's not like they're vulgar or anything.

    My mom doesn't care. But if she did, I would try to write some alternate lyrics really fast. It's not that there's a ton of vulgarity in the lyrics (there is a few curse words here in there), but it's the fact that the lyrics are about stuff my mom doesn't understand: RPGs and other nerdy stuff.

    And my mom doesn't like "cookie monster rock," so I would change those sections, too.
Sign In or Register to comment.