DLC Discussion Week of 4/17 - P!nk 4-pack! Less Than Jake and Eden's Curse on RBN!

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4705469 said:
    I remember during the Valentine's livestream they said they had good stuff coming up.

Good is an opinion, seeing as though Men At work, Mastodon, Everclear, Santana, and Slayer arrived for me, I'm sate so far.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    There are a bunch of Pink songs I would get. None of them are in this 4 pack.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4705469 said:
    I remember during the Valentine's livestream they said they had good stuff coming up.
    Yeah, but then we got Smooth and that ruined everything. It's all opinions, dude.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Decent pack, but way too many songs off "Funhouse", would've preferred Just Like a Pill & Don't Let Me Get Me instead.

Will still get the pack though.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Hooray!!! The three song curse is broken......for now.

I almost feel like buying the pack just to celebrate but pink is not an artist I want more of in my library.
    Hooray for all those who like pink though :-)
    edited April 2012
    Hooray P!nk! :D
    I love the tracks that we have on RB already, so my expectations are set understandably high. Hopefully these tracks won't dissapoint.
    Anyay, here goes:

P!nk Pack 01 First Impressions

Get The Party Started is the first song of the pack. Tee hee, it kinda kits :p
    The intro isn't reall- OH MY GOD I KNOW THIS SONG :O
    Her voice is really weird and the lyrics are pretty average, but the whole damn thing is catchy. Which I don't like a song that only depends on catchiness as its only substance. But it's not as bad as other shallow catchy songs. The bassline is rather interesting and the song has a nice feel to it. The song is decent, it just gives me the feeling like it's only just trying to take me for a ride instead of giving me an awesome experience.

Sober is next up! Which is aptly named since I've never drank alcohol in my life.
    The vocals are nice and the lyrics are pretty good, and the song has a nice soft feeling to it which adds to a pretty great atmosphere. Which is kind of strange because I always associated P!nk with extremely energetic and powerful music.
    The instruments are ok, I can't really tell since they're pretty quiet. Hey, I can tell the keys are going to be pretty damn fun in this song. Awesome.
    There's not much to say, because not much happens and the sound is rather repetitive besides the awesome keys in the background. A vocalist and keyboardist song by fire.

Please Don't Leave Me is up next! Starts off kind of familiar then runs that familiarity into the ground. The instruments are nice and catchy and are pretty close to the awesomeness of the other P!nk songs we got already. And her voice is so much pronounced in this song compared to the other two songs in the pack. Which is awesome because I love her voice and singing P!nk songs are really fun. The bassline again seems like a lot of fun. Actually, all of the instruments seem like they're going to be fun to play. The sound is pretty repetitive, but that doesn't stop the song from being good and enjoyable.
    I can see why people don't like P!nk, but man, they're pretty enjoyable to listen to and play.

Funhouse's turn! Whoa. It starts really weird and cool.
    The instruments take a lot more focus in this song compared to the other songs, and the guitar work sounds... weird, yet enjoyable. The vocals are as strong as ever and the bass yet again is catchy and nice.
    I don't get it. When I think of P!nk I don't think bass, I think awesome name and energetic powerful in your face songs. Hm... Anyway, the keys sound also like they're going to be awesome, which is nice to know that there ar- OH man, the keys are just exploding and it sounds like it's going to kick a lot of ass.
    Ahhhhhh, the instrument break works really well and is placed really well. Too bad the lyrics aren't really... fun. And yeah, like I was saying, it's good seeing weeks with great keys to make up for the weeks that had no keys at all. Like last week's Slayer pack.
    It ended?! That was pretty abrupt.

Anyway... this week overall... is pretty ok! I can definitely see that they might be a lot of fun to play, but I don't really see them as that fun to listen to at the moment. Especially compared to So What and Who Knew, both songs are AAA songs in both listening and playing. Will give all of the songs a second listen at a later date to see if I've changed my mind.
    Not one of the best weeks, but nowhere near the bottom.

This week in terms of songs:
    Funhouse
    Please Don't Leave Me
    Sober
    Get The Party Started
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    panbient;4705465 said:
    The only way I got through the P!nk tune on Lego RB was to mute the tv (same as Bon Jovi).

Will not be purchasing. Will improve my Slayer scores instead.
    That's ironic, because muting my TV was the only way I ever got through "Raining Blood" in GHIII.
    shaane;4705464 said:
    Agreed. To me, Funhouse over Raise Your Glass is a bit of a head-scratcher to me.
    "Get the Party Started" was her real break out hit, and then the other three in the pack are all singles from the same album as "So What" (which was in LEGO). So they probably licensed a handful of songs off of the Funhouse album, took the lead single for LEGO and put the rest on the release calendar. "Raise Your Glass" wouldn't have been released (or likely written) at that point.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2012
    Maybe I'll get around to cherry-picking this pack some day.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    not my personal taste, so nothing for me this week. Anyway, catching some old releases. :)
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Cipher, how could you not put Sober at the bottom and put Get The Party Started at the bottom instead?
  • edited April 2012
    Not a big fan of most pop-rock in general but I wouldn't be surprised if this DLC sells well. Minor bonus is all keys but if it is anything like lady gaga's keys, they will not see much play time from me.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Only song of those I recognise is "Get This Party Started", although I will pass this week and may come back to the song the aforementioned one some other time when I have some points to burn.

I will be getting that Less than Jake song though, that seems pretty good :)
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4705487 said:
    Cipher, how could you not put Sober at the bottom and put Get The Party Started at the bottom instead?

it's cipher
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Pheran;4705454 said:
    These are OK, but where the heck is Raise Your Glass? Well, I guess I can hope that's in Rock Band Blitz.
    You read my mind. As for these songs, I may get Get the Party Started; have to listen to the others (will probably have an "oh that song!" moment, but by name I can't remember them).

And sad one of the female artists is not Garbage. Hopefully, as the album comes out May 14, that was far enough in the future to not be in HMXHenry's "near future calendar" when he said we had 2 female fronted bands coming.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Yeesh, so much for Nightwish. I think I'll pass, but hey we broke out of the 3-song pattern, so that's good news!
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4705493 said:
    it's cipher

I'm just surprised he knows who P!nk is.
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4705487 said:
    It felt like Get The Party Started was taking advantage of me, while Sober wasn't.
    jibjqrkl;4705493 said:
    it's cipher
    What is THAT supposed to mean?! :I
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
    Witticus;4705498 said:

She's on Lego Rock Band, that's probably how.
    edited April 2012
    Witticus;4705498 said:
    Never heard of P!nk until Lego Rock Band.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4705487 said:
    From personal experience, I prefer songs with fun vocals. "Get the Party Started" is a far more talky-style than singing.

Though to be honest the only song from this pack I definately want is "Please Don't Leave Me".
  • SupaThugPimpinSupaThugPimpin Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    M_Robbins5;4705453 said:
    Two straight weeks of nothing for me.

LOL you bought Evanescene

Try nothing since January for me, and probably nothing for the foreseeable future since HMX has lousy taste choosing songs meant for this game.
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4705499 said:

What is THAT supposed to mean?! :I

it's supposed to mean that your opinions are often quite different from those of other people.
    doesnt mean anything bad or something...
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4705500 said:
    She's on Lego Rock Band, that's probably how.

Just because a band has been in Rock Band doesn't mean anything to him. He didn't know who Shinedown was and they had songs before.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
    But Shinedown wasn't on disc.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4705499 said:
    It felt like Get The Party Started was taking advantage of me, while Sober wasn't.

Taking advantage? The songs aren't sentient. They don't have motives. Not by themselves, anyway.

But I suppose if any artist were to take advantage of the listener, it'd be P!nk.
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4705507 said:
    But Shinedown wasn't on disc.

Doesn't mean anything. Haven't you ever explored the Rock Band music library listening to things you've never heard of?
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I'm not pleased, but my roommate would enjoy them.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    4 is better than 3 im ready to buy whole albums bring it on
    edited April 2012
    Witticus;4705511 said:
    Doesn't mean anything. Haven't you ever explored the Rock Band music library listening to things you've never heard of?

i have, and i forget about the things that are really really really bad (imo)

which explains why i too forgot all about that shinedown pack
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    My reaction upon seeing P!nk

:mad:

My reaction on seeing Less Than Jake

:o

Hopefully we get older Less Than Jake. P!nk, though... yeah, not gonna comment on that one. I'm just gonna pretend the RBN offerings are the dlc this week.