DLC Discussion Week of 4/17 - P!nk 4-pack! Less Than Jake and Eden's Curse on RBN!

edited June 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4701963 said:
Hey gang,

Known for her powerful voice and edgy style, P!nk has had no problem dominating the charts worldwide with her infectious pop-rock sounds. Four of the singer/songwriter’s biggest hits are headed to the Rock Band Music Store on April 17th as “P!nk Pack 01”!

“Get the Party Started,” from 2001’s Missundaztood, leads off the pack; a Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will be available for this chart-topping hit. Three tracks from 2008’s Grammy-nominated Funhouse round out the pack: “Sober,” “Please Don’t Leave Me,” and the album’s fifth single and title track, “Funhouse.”

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (April 17th, 2012):

• P!nk – “Get the Party Started” O X
• P!nk – “Sober” O
• P!nk – “Please Don’t Leave Me” O
• P!nk – “Funhouse” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$6.99 (560 Microsoft Points™, 700 Wii Points™) for “P!nk Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™ , 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™ , 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. For more information on the temporary interruption in new DLC releases on SCEE please click here.**
hmxhenry;4704482 said:
This week, help us welcome ska favorites Less Than Jake to the Rock Band Network! Other highlights include a song by Eden's Curse featuring James LaBrie (of Dream Theater) on Xbox 360 and two Anarchy Club songs on PS3.

Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 4/12/2012:

Metal

Charlie Drown - "Love Dragons" (160 MSP)
Kandia - "Into Your Hands" (160 MSP)

Novelty

Weebl's Stuff - "Amazing Horse" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Mada - "Sleek Peak" (80 MSP)

Prog

Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie - "No Holy Man" (80 MSP)
Mystakin - "Heroism" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska

Less Than Jake - "Younger Lungs" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/17/2012 (North America):

Powerman 5000 - "Do Your Thing" ($1.99) - Nu-Metal
Rishloo - "Scissorlips" ($0.99) - Prog
Sunny Side Up - "Welcome to the Skalocaust" ($0.99) - Reggae/Ska
Anarchy Club - "King of Everything" ($0.99) - Metal
Anarchy Club - "Für Immer Verloren" ($0.99) - Metal

***HMXHENRY EDIT 4/17***

Unexpected results on SCEA (aka PS3 in the US): Pink's "Please Don't Leave Me" will be delayed, but only as a single. It is currently available in the pack, but not as a stand alone track. We're following up to find out what happened and we'll get that released as soon as we hear back from Sony.

Fans! of! pop! d!vas! and! unnecessary! exclamat!on! marks! rejo!ce!!!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    Hooray P!nk!
    I love the tracks that we have on RB already, so my expectations are set understandably high. Hopefully these tracks won't dissapoint.
    Anyay, here goes:

P!nk Pack 01 First Impressions

Get The Party Started is the first song of the pack. Tee hee, it kinda kits
    The intro isn't reall- OH MY GOD I KNOW THIS SONG :O
    Her voice is really weird and the lyrics are pretty average, but the whole damn thing is catchy. Which I don't like a song that only depends on catchiness as its only substance. But it's not as bad as other shallow catchy songs. The bassline is rather interesting and the song has a nice feel to it. The song is decent, it just gives me the feeling like it's only just trying to take me for a ride instead of giving me an awesome experience.

Sober is next up! Which is aptly named since I've never drank alcohol in my life.
    The vocals are nice and the lyrics are pretty good, and the song has a nice soft feeling to it which adds to a pretty great atmosphere. Which is kind of strange because I always associated P!nk with extremely energetic and powerful music.
    The instruments are ok, I can't really tell since they're pretty quiet. Hey, I can tell the keys are going to be pretty damn fun in this song. Awesome.
    There's not much to say, because not much happens and the sound is rather repetitive besides the awesome keys in the background. A vocalist and keyboardist song by fire.

Please Don't Leave Me is up next! Starts off kind of familiar then runs that familiarity into the ground. The instruments are nice and catchy and are pretty close to the awesomeness of the other P!nk songs we got already. And her voice is so much pronounced in this song compared to the other two songs in the pack. Which is awesome because I love her voice and singing P!nk songs are really fun. The bassline again seems like a lot of fun. Actually, all of the instruments seem like they're going to be fun to play. The sound is pretty repetitive, but that doesn't stop the song from being good and enjoyable.
    I can see why people don't like P!nk, but man, they're pretty enjoyable to listen to and play.

Funhouse's turn! Whoa. It starts really weird and cool.
    The instruments take a lot more focus in this song compared to the other songs, and the guitar work sounds... weird, yet enjoyable. The vocals are as strong as ever and the bass yet again is catchy and nice.
    I don't get it. When I think of P!nk I don't think bass, I think awesome name and energetic powerful in your face songs. Hm... Anyway, the keys sound also like they're going to be awesome, which is nice to know that there ar- OH man, the keys are just exploding and it sounds like it's going to kick a lot of ass.
    Ahhhhhh, the instrument break works really well and is placed really well. Too bad the lyrics aren't really... fun. And yeah, like I was saying, it's good seeing weeks with great keys to make up for the weeks that had no keys at all. Like last week's Slayer pack.
    It ended?! That was pretty abrupt.

Anyway... this week overall... is pretty ok! I can definitely see that they might be a lot of fun to play, but I don't really see them as that fun to listen to at the moment. Especially compared to So What and Who Knew, both songs are AAA songs in both listening and playing. Will give all of the songs a second listen at a later date to see if I've changed my mind.
    Not one of the best weeks, but nowhere near the bottom.

This week in terms of songs:
    Funhouse
    Please Don't Leave Me
    Sober
    Get The Party Started
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Where's Don't let me get me? It's probably the only song i really wanted from her.
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    WTF? i guess it'll be fun but this came out of no where???
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Surprised, but I like So What and Who Knew so maybe I'll like these.

EDIT: Recognise the whole pack after youtubing it and purchasing it. Hopefully next week is Linkin Park with reasoning being that their new single Burn It Down is out in a couple of days.
  • itsyorakitsyorak Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    edited April 2012
    diieeego;4705426 said:
    WTF? i guess it'll be fun but this came out of no where???
    Not really. HMXHenry said there were 2 female fronted bands coming to RB in the nearby future. One was Evanescence and the other is P!nk, I'm assuming.
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    P!nk? Not so much. However, I think 'Amazing Horse' from the RBN selection may be the first song I buy since going on hiatus.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited April 2012
    1 Less Than Jake track > 4 Pink tracks.

Will see if the keyboard playing wife wants any, but it's probably a pass from me.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    I might have replaced Sober with something else if I were making it. Or not give the rare size of 4 to Pink at all.

Still, good enough for what it is.
  • Sangheili333Sangheili333 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Oh. My. God. I am SO getting Amazing Horse, that is just too epic!
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I will skip out this week. Great to have more Pink in RB! She's pretty and pretty awesome.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    I like all the songs! Will be getting the whole thing! :)
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    ! w!ll cont!n!ue wa!t!ng unt!l !t's someth!ng ! l!ke!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    [derp]THE NAME OF THE GAME IS ROCK BAND, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN![/derp]

I'm buying the pack.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited April 2012
    I just checked out the Pink songs on iTunes and I'll probably pick the pack up. These songs should be fun at parties so why not?
  • bengalcp09bengalcp09 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    The only reason dlc is unpredictable these days is because there's no possible way 8 out 10 weeks (or so) could be a 3 or 4 pack of modern radio music, could it? Unpredictability via predictability.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    YES! While I would love some older songs ANY P!nk is great. I forget we have her in the game already but this is definitely gonna get back to buying songs! :)
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
  • tehman237tehman237 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    What the hell is this?

First week in probably 10 weeks we get more than 3 songs a week and they give it to a scrub like Pink? Bad Bad Call Harmonix, worst week of 2012 so far and by far.

However, I am excited to see Less Than Jake and another Dream Theater (sorta) tune in RBN, and the fact that PS3 is finally getting some Anarchy Club is good as well.
  • edited April 2012
    tehman237;4705447 said:
    What the hell is this?

First week in probably 10 weeks we get more than 3 songs a week and they give it to a scrub like Pink? Bad Bad Call Harmonix, worst week of 2012 so far and by far.

However, I am excited to see Less Than Jake and another Dream Theater (sorta) tune in RBN, and the fact that PS3 is finally getting some Anarchy Club is good as well.
    Yeah it should have been a TLC pack!
    edited April 2012
    No way it's worse than the CCR week.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Bleh. 4th week I'm passing in a row.

Congrats to the fans though, I guess.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    Interesting, I know for a fact I'll be picking up "Get the Party Started." I love these out of the blue artists.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Two straight weeks of nothing for me.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    These are OK, but where the heck is Raise Your Glass? Well, I guess I can hope that's in Rock Band Blitz.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Haven't bought HMX DLC offerings in about a month, but keep putting LTJ songs on the RBN and I'll buy those!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Getting all 4. Love the album.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    already got the RBN songs i wanted for this week, and gonna pass on this

and where's the poll?! i still want my mastodon and unicorn!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2012
    Get the Party Started is a definite buy; might spring for the whole pack. Also reminds me to pick up "Who Knew."

EDIT: Also, still hoping for Garbage in May.