Some Gameplay Suggestions...

bose645bose645 Unsigned
edited April 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
hello,

just joined these forums today, as i have only just recently found out about the "rock band blitz" game that is suppose to come out for psn and xbla sometime this year...
and from what i've seen so far, i think this game could be great!

love the fact that everyone will be able to play this game with their controllers and that no further plastic peripherals are necessary in order to partake in the game...

so without further adieu, here are some of the game play suggestions, i'd like to suggest...

1. a multiplayer mode (not sure if one was ever planned to be incorporated or not, but having the option of playing 2-4 player co op campaigns or against each other in competitive modes would be an excellent addition)

2. system link (this game could really shine in this department, if multiplayer were to be included, you could have up to 4 vs 4 band battles, or 8 player co op - 2 people per instrument, would be a lot of fun!, and would add an extra layer of challenges for the game)

3. online (this is a no brainer)

4. rock band unplugged (i haven't played this version of rock band on the psp, but i'd have to suggest it's presentation for this game, 4 buttons would make for a more challenging game, and just like previous rock bands having the band play in the background is simply awesome and timeless, which would be a nice option to have, even though cruising through the city is pretty neat as well)

and that's all that comes to mind really... here's to hoping that the team is open to some fan input... and it'll be interesting to see how this game pans out, as i truly look forward to it

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    Welcome!

I am afraid the game will be solo only, but you will be playing against others as you try to beat their scores. It is my understanding, that there is going to be a robust social aspect where songs will be listed to the side. This image shows challenges that the player is winning and losing. So, while the game is not multiplayer, it will have a challenge your friends mode.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I can see the appeal of a two-player cooperative mode, but more than that would be pointless. Changing lanes at strategic moments is obviously a huge part of this game. If you were in one lane and you had two or three teammates in two or three other lanes, the game would be stagnant and the decision-making part of it would become almost irrelevant. This ain't like the core Rock Band games where each player (usually) has plenty of stuff to do on his or her own.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    It's probably too late to suggest a shared screen competitive multiplayer mode or even split-screen multiplayer mode at this point - I'm sure that the gameplay is well past designed already, and multiplayer is either in there or not (most likely NOT, as Sayburr suggests).

However, I think it would be a worthwhile addition to gameplay - imagine hogging an instrument lane because you know points are coming up on it, or picking up powerups that can be used as weapons against your opponents (stealing their points, forcing a lane switch or swap when they are on a valuable lane, etc.). Many of the mechanics would be similar to kart-racing titles, which are the ONE OF THE BEST genres for local multiplayer. If it's not in there, that's really too bad. But maybe multiplayer will make it to a future Blitz title.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Needs more lasers.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    MurphyRock;4703070 said:
    It's probably too late to suggest a shared screen competitive multiplayer mode or even split-screen multiplayer mode at this point - I'm sure that the gameplay is well past designed already, and multiplayer is either in there or not (most likely NOT, as Sayburr suggests).
    It's not. There's no 'suggestion' or 'debate'. We know there's no multiplayer. Also, a shared screen? Really? Where? There's up to five lanes by default, and it travels along a course. Why do we want that screen sliced in half? I would enjoy SEEING what's happening.

Or several people on one set of tracks. Which was covered earlier as 'removing the purpose'.

The only other option is multiplayer with one person per console per screen. At that point, you've got people competing against each other without seeing each other's live performance. Or as it's called these days, 'leaderboards'. Which are already in the game.
  • bose645bose645 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4703266 said:

The only other option is multiplayer with one person per console per screen. At that point, you've got people competing against each other without seeing each other's live performance. Or as it's called these days, 'leaderboards'. Which are already in the game.

hey, even that would be cool! (one person per console per screen)... if that were to be the case, then i'd really hope they'd include a system link option with it as well... as i've actually got 2 xbox 360's setup system linked in the same room on 2 different tv's... but unfortunately refuse to pay for 2 xbox live accounts and my main xbox account expires next month, but isn't really a concern of mine, as i got sick of paying for xbox live and ended up jumping ship to the ps3 because of it's free online play (only thing the xbox 360 has over it was the party chat)... but all in all, system link gaming is a lot of fun (for gamers who do play a lot of offline gaming, sometimes enjoy it even more so)... but why a lot of developers don't include this fantastic feature in their games nowadays just blows my mind!, as it's really almost the best of both online and offline gaming worlds combined
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Probably because not a lot of people have two TVs and two of the same console in the same room.
  • bose645bose645 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4703949 said:
    Probably because not a lot of people have two TVs and two of the same console in the same room.

haha.. yeah, to most people it is very strange... think it makes a lot of people (who aren't tech heads) uncomfortable actually... but it is also only a temporary solution until i can get my basement finished, then the lesser of the two 32" tv's (the lg , not the sony) will get moved to down stairs along with the modded original xbox... and both of the 360's will get moved downstairs as well, since i've bought two 9.2" joytech screens made for them (not hd, but they will do the job)... already have my n64 and my soft modded ps2 (with free mcboot)... downstairs on a bookshelf hooked up to a 9" crt flat screen, since i can't stand how terrible older gaming consoles look on hd televisions... basically the basement will become my game room, but i can just picture a lot of people that i'll end up having over *****ing about how small my screens are ;o)... but the funny thing is, i actually like them!... because i think it's better to have only 1 dominant sized screen over multiple same sized screens per room, but i guess it's a to each his/her own...

ok, i'm shutting up now... think that south carolina moonshine has got the best of me, like it usually does, only i'm all out now... and can't get anymore... doh!!... :o
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2012
    bose645;4704098 said:
    ...think that south carolina moonshine has got the best of me, like it usually does, only i'm all out now... and can't get anymore... doh!!... :o
    Sadly, my supply has run out and that "shine", or as we say "government liquor", they sell in stores nowadays is awful! ...and expensive. Good thing I like Vodka 'cause my corn squeezings is gone.