Audition Mode Question

dillysfrienddillysfriend Opening Act
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Currently I have Rock Band 3 on PS3. I am thinking about getting a XBox 360 and I know the 360 has audition mode. I have been working with reaper some and think it would be awesome to be able to test out the songs in RB3. I read on the tutorials that you need an app hub account and an xbox live account to use audition mode. I'll be getting a live account for other things, but I was wondering if there is any way around the app hub account. 100 dollars seems expensive for just local testing. (Plus all my instruments are for PS3 so I won't actually be playing.)

So, is there any way to use audition mode without an app hub account?

Comments

  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    no, as far as I know, there is no way to use audition mode without an app hub account.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    If you're a college student you can get a free year trial with Dreamspark.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    I thought dreamspark was limited to the point where you still couldn't access audition? or is it just limited to not work with creators?
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Zemanator;4703009 said:
    I thought dreamspark was limited to the point where you still couldn't access audition? or is it just limited to not work with creators?

    It doesn't work with Creators, but it does for Audition Mode. I used a Dreamspark trial to train myself before submitting CTA's first song with a full account.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Don't need a gold account either, just so you know :) In case you thought u did.
    (at least to test songs)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    What you'll need:

    Xbox Live silver account: Free
    App Hub account: $100 a year
    Magma (HMX-Produced tool to transfer songs to the Xbox): Free
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    As long as you have a apphub and creators account, audition mode can be used. That's how i've been able to make all our previews. My trail ran out last September and I still use it.
  • adinamark728adinamark728 Unsigned
    edited April 2012
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    ASPMike;4712592 said:
    As long as you have a apphub and creators account, audition mode can be used. That's how i've been able to make all our previews. My trail ran out last September and I still use it.
    You mean your XNA trial? I'm pretty sure you can't access audition mode without an active XNA sub, are you sure yours isn't set to auto-renew? They do that automatically if you have a card set up on your account, even if you only activate your sub using a code.
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Oscarvarium;4722091 said:
    You mean your XNA trial? I'm pretty sure you can't access audition mode without an active XNA sub, are you sure yours isn't set to auto-renew? They do that automatically if you have a card set up on your account, even if you only activate your sub using a code.

    Yes i mean my XNA trial, and yes you could access audition mode with it. But you can't access the premium features on the creators site with it. Im 150% sure i don't have auto-renew. But, it might be a bug in their system for me. So im using it to my advantage. I know i wasnt able to use it for a month after it ran out, after that i could
  • edited November 2012
    Oh.. I was so hoping to be an RBN author, but I do not have the money online to pay for some App Hub. Can you get others to do the audition mode for you?
Sign In or Register to comment.