Tyler Green Music coming to Rock Band Network!

TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
edited March 2013 in The Rock Band Network
I know I should've made this thread a long time ago, but I'm making it now. I made a few songs near the end of the summer that GigakoopsRBN has been authoring for me for the RBN. I know they're not the best, but I'm proud of what I've made.

I am considering making more songs (And trust me, hopefully, they'll be a lot better than these three. Just let me know what you guys think. :)

Alons-y!:

Arc Words
Regeneration
Truism

Out With a Bang:

Let's Travel in Time...and Stuff (Or Watch Doctor Who Instead)
Lifestyles of the Poor and Obscure
Mindless Manners
More TBA

Also:
Ok, since I'm a nice guy and all, I've decided to share my stems with you all. I sadly only have the Out With a Bang stems, since the A-lonsy stems have been deleted (Gigakoops is the only one who has them I believe.) due to the fact that I have a new computer.

Mood Swing Samba
Lifestyles of the Poor and Obscure
One Way/Mindless Manners
The Auer
Let's Travel in Time...And Stuff (Or Watch Doctor Who Instead)
Sad to be Aware (The Posies cover)
Vibe of the Night
Song of the Sun
I'm Dangerous, I Swear! (Missing Guitar Solo)

Now you can do anything you want with these. If you wanna listen to the instruments seperatly (For learning purposes or just cause you wanna hear what just one instrument sounds like) or making a remix, I don't really care. But remixes are welcome. :)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention these are RAR files, so you might have to download WINrar to export these. Also, you might have to sign up to download these. This is the only site I could find that would let me download these.

Comments

• TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    http://tylergreen1.bandcamp.com/

Sorry for the Bump, but I made a Bandcamp today, featuring a cover I made recently using only me and a toy guitar (Yeah, I know, not really the best idea but it turned out decent.). My first EP will go up later, since I'm too busy to do it now.

And I also plan on making more music in the future, right now I'm working on a side project that I'll announce later on. But I recorded 2 songs a while back for a potential album in the future under my name.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2012
    Glad to see you promoting your music!

Also, the songs are getting close to passing review. Hopefully within the next month they'll be released.
    edited May 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4730276 said:
    Glad to see you promoting your music!

Also, the songs are getting close to passing review. Hopefully within the next month they'll be released.

That's good to know! Can't wait!
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, right now I'm going to announce my first real album "Out With a Bang". Right now I've already recorded 3 songs for it but one I've decided to release now is a 5 minute drum solo played by me called "Bang". I'm already considering putting it on the RBN (Along with the rest of the album, maybe. If not then a few songs at the least.) but I'll let you guys decide about that.

http://soundcloud.com/tylerfgmusic/bang

Oh and one more thing, how would you guys feel about me recording real instruments for my songs? (I'm a really good drummer, and I can actually sing a decent baratone, bt I don't really usually sing on my songs, except for the side project I'm doing which I don't know about announcing yet to you guys, since that's more of a "personal" project tbh.) If Anyone who wants to help with it (Keys, Guitar or anything, really. GarageBand on an iPad is pretty limited with instrument samples.) that would be nice.
    edited May 2012
    TylerFG;4734217 said:
    Hey guys, right now I'm going to announce my first real album "Out With a Bang". Right now I've already recorded 3 songs for it but one I've decided to release now is a 5 minute drum solo played by me called "Bang". I'm already considering putting it on the RBN (Along with the rest of the album, maybe. If not then a few songs at the least.) but I'll let you guys decide about that.

http://soundcloud.com/tylerfgmusic/bang

Oh and one more thing, how would you guys feel about me recording real instruments for my songs? (I'm a really good drummer, and I can actually sing a decent baratone, bt I don't really usually sing on my songs, except for the side project I'm doing which I don't know about announcing yet to you guys, since that's more of a "personal" project tbh.) If Anyone who wants to help with it (Keys, Guitar or anything, really. GarageBand on an iPad is pretty limited with instrument samples.) that would be nice.

Wait, so the album isn't called "Alons-y!!" anymore? I should fix that. Could you send me a new album art for it?
    edited May 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4734262 said:
    Wait, so the album isn't called "Alons-y!!" anymore? I should fix that. Could you send me a new album art for it?

No, this is different. A-lonsy was just an EP. So this is brand new.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Solo drum songs are always good for RBN
    So you should release it then
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4734436 said:
    Solo drum songs are always good for RBN
    So you should release it then

It's a pretty good chance I'm gonna do it, but I wanna wait until I finish more songs off my album. I think this will be the first RBN drums only song though.

Oh, and I found something that will totally put more variety in future songs. Today in my computer class, I found out about Aviary Mustic Creater (A free website that makes song samples.) so I can make instrument samples and edit them in my ACID Music Studio 8, so I will record some new songs soon.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    TylerFG;4734641 said:
    It's a pretty good chance I'm gonna do it, but I wanna wait until I finish more songs off my album. I think this will be the first RBN drums only song though.

Naw, there's the Shylo Ellliott one.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    There's another drums only song (can't remember the name or band ATM).
    edited May 2012
    AskariNari;4734674 said:
    FairwoodStudios;4734645 said:
    Naw, there's the Shylo Ellliott one.

Oh ok. Thanks for giving me the heads up guys. Idk though, cause it's still gonna work good on RB.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    AskariNari;4734674 said:

You're thinking of Indulgence by Self-Titled.
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, the album artwork from Out With a Bang has been released today, with artwork done by none other than Joe Zambri!

http://zambridesign.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/tyler-green-out-with-a-bang-album-artworks/

And I'm going to update the OP to fix any confusion people might have with A-lonsy! and Out With a Bang coming to Rock Band.
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, back with some news. First off, I've uploaded the "A-lonsy!" EP to Bandcamp, so if anyone wants to check it out, they can here.

And also, I'm releasing the second track from Out With a Bang, (My drum solo, Bang is the first track) Mood Swing Samba. Let me know if you guys like it or not. Enjoy!
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, this is another song update. I recently posted my first attempt at a remix using a song from the indie band Edelweiss. Sadly, this is an unfinished remix (Although I might end up finishing it someday), but if you're curious to hear it, you can check it out here. I'm also considering doing more remixes in the future. If so, I'll be sure to post them here.
    edited June 2012
    Hello again guys. So since I started to take up remixing, I've decided to remix a song of someone who happens to have said song on RBN. You may or may not know him around these parts as LiveHomeVideo. (AKA GigakoopsRBN) He's lent me the stems to his song Night, which was recently released with a 2x bass pedal version which sounds totally insane, listening to the drums alone. So anyway, I'll probably get this done within a week or 2, or 3. Anyway, can't wait till you guys hear it!
    edited June 2012
    SONG ANNOUNCEMENT that nobody might care about

Recently, I've been thinking about the drum solo track I made, "Bang!" to open my new album. I've decided to re-record it for 3 reasons: 1. I think it sucks. 2. The sound quality is piss poor, since it was recorded with my Rock Band mic. And 3. It needs the proper stems if I choose to release it on the RBN. (Which is a pretty good chance)

So I've decided to use Aviary (My current song creating program) to make a new version of Bang! And the rest of the album is doing good so far, btw.
    edited June 2012
    http://soundcloud.com/tylerfgmusic/i...ers-unfinished

Can you guys tell me what you think of what I have down so far. I tried to make the guitar stumming sound good, but it ends up sounding like s***, since the program I'm using doesn't do that kind of stuff correctly. And in the choruses, I'm having a friend help with guitar solos. (If he can get back to me, since he has a job designing websites) And I'm gonna finish the bass track once the rest is put on the song. This is one of the songs I'm totally putting on the RBN once my album's done, so I want it to sound good.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Sounds like a rap song. LOL
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4771500 said:
    Sounds like a rap song. LOL

Haha, I was thinking the song would go good with Marvin Gaye-esque vocals over it, but I like it as an instrumental.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    TylerFG;4771791 said:
    Haha, I was thinking the song would go good with Marvin Gaye-esque vocals over it, but I like it as an instrumental.

Still sounds hiphopish to me.
    But i can see what you mean! :)
    Maybe i'll rap over it.. haha.. not.
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4772201 said:
    Still sounds hiphopish to me.
    But i can see what you mean! :)
    Maybe i'll rap over it.. haha.. not.

Haha yeah. But the problem is I'm worried the acoustic guitar strumming in the verses sounds unnatural, which it kinda does.
    edited June 2012
    http://soundcloud.com/tylerfgmusic/imaginary-lovers-no-solos

I fixed the song up and it's pretty much done, and a lot better. All I need to do is have someone work on the solos for me, and I'll announce who that might be once it's complete. ;)
    edited June 2012
    NEW SONG ALERT

Ok, while I wait for who's collaberating with my to help finish Imaginary Lovers, I want to present my newest song, Lifestylers of the Poor and Obscure. The song is a nice 2 and a half minute indie jam with a really crazy solo at the end. Hope you guys enjoy it!

http://tylergreen1.bandcamp.com/track/lifestyles-of-the-poor-and-obscure
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    TylerFG;4775947 said:
    NEW SONG ALERT

Ok, while I wait for who's collaberating with my to help finish Imaginary Lovers, I want to present my newest song, Lifestylers of the Poor and Obscure. The song is a nice 2 and a half minute indie jam with a really crazy solo at the end. Hope you guys enjoy it!

http://tylergreen1.bandcamp.com/track/lifestyles-of-the-poor-and-obscure

Kind of reminds me of Database Corrupt. It sounds great. :)
    edited June 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4776010 said:
    Kind of reminds me of Database Corrupt. It sounds great. :)

Haha thanks man!
    edited June 2012
    TylerFG;4761518 said:
    Hello again guys. So since I started to take up remixing, I've decided to remix a song of someone who happens to have said song on RBN. You may or may not know him around these parts as LiveHomeVideo. (AKA GigakoopsRBN) He's lent me the stems to his song Night, which was recently released with a 2x bass pedal version which sounds totally insane, listening to the drums alone. So anyway, I'll probably get this done within a week or 2, or 3. Anyway, can't wait till you guys hear it!

Any news on this?
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4784299 said:
    Any news on this?

I'm almost done. I'm a minute and a half i and it's gonna be around 2 mins and a half maybe. But I think you'll like it. :)
    edited June 2012
    http://soundcloud.com/tylerfgmusic/night-gigakoops-tyler-green

I finished my remix of Night by Gigakoops, aka LiveHomeVideo. Enjoy!
    edited June 2012
    TylerFG;4788137 said:
    http://soundcloud.com/tylerfgmusic/night-gigakoops-tyler-green

I finished my remix of Night by Gigakoops, aka LiveHomeVideo. Enjoy!

I prefer it over the original.