Difficulty Connecting to RBN?

ShadowzIShadowzI Unsigned
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Just wondering around if anyone else other than me seems to be having trouble connecting to the RockBand Network on RockBand 3.
My system is the wii but... anyone else on other consoles with this problem or is it just the wii?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
  • ShadowzIShadowzI Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    It's been 3 day

-Update-
    Guess it's not that bad... I can still download songs... I just can't upload my score anymore... and it's not like online play is alive or anything.

Can and admin move this post to a more appropriate topic or delete it cause this now has nothing to do with RBN... it RBCS now =,=
    edited April 2012
    If you can't upload scores, that means wait for the leaderboards to update.
    edited April 2012
    The problem with that is I'm not able to connect with the Rock Central Server. When the game open it keeps trying to connect until "Communication error has occurred"
    In short my account is not online yet I can still download song 0-o
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    ShadowzI;4705210 said:
    Just wondering around if anyone else other than me seems to be having trouble connecting to the RockBand Network on RockBand 3.
    My system is the wii but... anyone else on other consoles with this problem or is it just the wii?

I can confirm the servers have sucked on the PS3 for the leaderboard every so often for the last few days (they seemed to be getting better than they were than all hell broke loose and now it's back to crapfest)
    I believe the WII was having the same server issues?
    If I'm wrong ignore this, but it could be that...
    Just wait a few hours for your scores to process through.
    edited April 2012
    ShadowzI;4705281 said:
    The problem with that is I'm not able to connect with the Rock Central Server. When the game open it keeps trying to connect until "Communication error has occurred"
    In short my account is not online yet I can still download song 0-o
    Wii is having server issues. The Music Store doesn't run through Rock Central, that's using your actual Wi-Fi. Rock Central is an end destination, not a transfer mode.
    edited April 2012
    Fuuunn. Wish they sometimes post stuff about down server (and when they would go back up)... even if its the wii. Also I just assumed they hosted everything under one server... that would probably be a bad idea now I think about it.
    Anyways thanks =D any chance there's a place I can look for to see when the servers will be back up?
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4705282 said:
    I can confirm the servers have sucked on the PS3 for the leaderboard every so often for the last few days (they seemed to be getting better than they were than all hell broke loose and now it's back to crapfest)
    Yeah I heard something about stuff being moved that will only effect the wii and ps3 but I thought that announcement was for dlc and rbn -~-
    Guess the server was something they didn't mention.
    edited April 2012
    They have been posting about it, and there's no known fix date.
  • Watsy35Watsy35 Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    ShadowzI;4705210 said:

yah having the same issues here... wii too sounds like an internal problem with the server
  • tanaruztanaruz Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I facing this same problem since yesterday..is it really down?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2012
    The servers in question are called Rock Central, not the Rock Band Network. RBN's a completely different thing, and I'm pretty certain this should be shifted to Software Support--or at least the main forum.
  • tanaruztanaruz Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    ouh i miss read the title haha...ya i can login to Store but cant go online play multiplayer with others..its keep saying "connecting to the rock central game servers" . also try reboot modem, try using other region account also same. My buddy also face same problem.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    LoopyChew;4735686 said:
    The servers in question are called Rock Central, not the Rock Band Network. RBN's a completely different thing, and I'm pretty certain this should be shifted to Software Support--or at least the main forum.

Really, it's probably a safe assumption that a thread with a title like 'can't connect to RBN' is somebody confusing the name Rock Band Network with 'networked connection to Rock Band servers'. To which the reality is that the Rock Central Servers (the actual networked connection) is spotty even in the best of times and sometimes it's unavailable for long stretches. Usually, just trying to reconnect some other time works.

It's just lately that it has been an ongoing thing. All updated scores are stored locally and when Rock Central is sorted out, they'll post automatically when you can reconnect. (Keeping in mind that they may not display on the leaderboards immediately, but that's more or less normal anyway.)
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    One would think that over 2 years since the store opened and nearly 3 years since the project has been public knowledge, people know what that the Rock Band Network is a user generated content initiative for which this is the forum to chat with creators, authors [no Oxford comma] and play testers.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Not when every other thing on the planet talks about its network and how it connects with stuff.

Calling it Rock Band Network was simply too vague. I don't know if it was to keep up the whole Rock Band Nickelback thing, but it was never a good choice.