Any sites that post weekly videos of Rock Band Network DLC?

SomeRockinJerkSomeRockinJerk Unsigned
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
There are plently of weekly video updates out there for regular Rock Band DLC, but damned if I can find any for RBN dlc. Anyone know such a site/youtube channel/etc?

Edit: These comments are appreciated, but Im going very blunt, so dont be offended, none of these answers have been very helpful. I dont really care about any individual artist on RBN, I want something that covers everybodys songs, not some, not yours, everybodies and Id like to be able to view these songs without having to go on my xbox. So if you dont know anything, dont post anything, because I dont want shoulder shrugs either.

Comments

  • non_zeronon_zero Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Oh hi, you must be that 1% I missed. Sorry.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    non_zero;4706776 said:
    Oh hi, you must be that 1% I missed. Sorry.

    It's cool. Just putting my channel there for people interested is all.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    This guy (http://www.youtube.com/user/Vargtime/videos) uploads quite a bit of RBN videos, but hasn't done as much lately. Only a handful of people even buy all the RBN songs, and recording that many songs does take a lot of time. If you really want to see a chart of every song, you're going to have give some effort to look.
  • SomeRockinJerkSomeRockinJerk Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I dont need redundant answers. If you know something that directly answers my question, post, otherwise dont bother.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4706691 said:
    Other than subscribing to all the authors' youtube channels, finding RBN charts usually requires a little digging. Especially if you are looking for all the instruments in one video. I can't think of anyone who really regularly uploads new RBN.
    ((he can't think of one, because nothing exists that uploads everything))
    SomeRockinJerk;4706872 said:
    I dont need redundant answers. If you know something that directly answers my question, post, otherwise dont bother.
    your question was answered in the first post. Alternatives options were given, I fail to see how you're angry/upset about that. If I ever want something that doesn't exist, I'd be more then happy if people offered alternative solutions.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    non_zero;4706776 said:
    Oh hi, you must be that 1% I missed. Sorry.

    *cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TubaDude49

    So that's 99%, and he's 1%, I guess I'm at 0% if I did the math right. ;)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    SomeRockinJerk;4706872 said:
    I dont need redundant answers. If you know something that directly answers my question, post, otherwise dont bother.

    It is answered. The songs are divided up amongst those accounts, because they are the accounts of the respective groups.
  • non_zeronon_zero Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'm not even sure who he's addressing with that message, or if he knows what redundant means.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    non_zero;4706960 said:
    I'm not even sure who he's addressing with that message, or if he knows what redundant means.

    He lived up to his name.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I tried to get rbnstuff.com to update with videos (pretty successfully, when the companies cooperated) but, more often than not, videos are hard to find, hard to search for, or late, and until the companies get on the ball for these things, it'll be pretty hard to get a reliable source for all rbn songs.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    TubaDude49;4706902 said:
    It is answered. The songs are divided up amongst those accounts, because they are the accounts of the respective groups.

    Some which the artist themselves upload them to their own accounts instead of the authoring group.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    SomeRockinJerk;4706872 said:
    I dont need redundant answers. If you know something that directly answers my question, post, otherwise dont bother.

    I'll be starting up rbnstuff.com in a couple days (currently working on the back catalogue)

    I don't know how long I'll have it up for (probably a few months), but during that period, I will put link to playthrough videos as they are findable, assuming I can get some cooperation on the authoring companies' parts.

    I've always thought it'd be nice to have one place for all of the little odds and ends of the RBN, but most people seem to be content with hosting their own little website with their own little news and little youtube channels so we all have to subscribe and search every day just to keep caught up.
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4707201 said:
    I'll be starting up rbnstuff.com in a couple days (currently working on the back catalogue)

    I don't know how long I'll have it up for (probably a few months), but during that period, I will put link to playthrough videos as they are findable, assuming I can get some cooperation on the authoring companies' parts.

    I've always thought it'd be nice to have one place for all of the little odds and ends of the RBN, but most people seem to be content with hosting their own little website with their own little news and little youtube channels so we all have to subscribe and search every day just to keep caught up.


    Well most the bigger companies have their websites, and we all utilize youtube for our previews. It would be nice if we had a another more central place that we could submit previews to. Something that's like 100% dedicated to RBN. (As an employee of ASP, lol) I'm game for a little cooperation if it means more marketing.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    ASPMike;4717562 said:
    Well most the bigger companies have their websites, and we all utilize youtube for our previews. It would be nice if we had a another more central place that we could submit previews to. Something that's like 100% dedicated to RBN. (As an employee of ASP, lol) I'm game for a little cooperation if it means more marketing.

    Cooperate then. I'd love to not have to search preview videos every time a song comes out (especially since some of you guys, frankly, are terrible at tagging and titling your videos properly)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4718440 said:
    Cooperate then. I'd love to not have to search preview videos every time a song comes out (especially since some of you guys, frankly, are terrible at tagging and titling your videos properly)
    I can usually find any song by searching "rock band network [song title band name]", except for TAGs because there is no rock band network or rbn anywhere in the title or tags.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4718451 said:
    I can usually find any song by searching "rock band network [song title band name]", except for TAGs because there is no rock band network or rbn anywhere in the title or tags.

    Yup, that's usually my problem. On top of that, some other companies wait until a day or two after its release (which is really inconvenient for me, because I basically have to keep searching for songs) or they put several songs into one "announcement" video.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    It's pretty easy to just subscribe to our youtube page.

    We upload vids a few days before they go live, and if you're subscribed you get notifications when we upload new vids.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nlarimer?feature=mhum

    We put Rock Band 3 in the tags so searching for that should bring up any of our songs (but it's easiest to just subscribe IMO).
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Hey ATF, since most studios have a youtube page, why not just make a separate Youtube account that you use to subscribe to everyone's pages? That way, as new videos are released, they'll still hit your inbox and you'll get them as they are without having to search for each individual one.
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4718440 said:
    Cooperate then. I'd love to not have to search preview videos every time a song comes out (especially since some of you guys, frankly, are terrible at tagging and titling your videos properly)



    I tag the crap out of our videos, lol. the main ones i throw in there are typically "rock band network 3 rb3 rbn" and a ton of randomly generated tags :P
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    On TAG's lack of... tags... I searched for "rock band [song title]" for a few songs and their video was the first result, except for "Time Bomb" where it was second to another song called "Time Bomb".
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I always put the standard stuff, artist, song, "RBN", Rock Band Network, my personal tags, and then a couple of odd ones that are specific to the song. (ie. Bacon, eggs, ratchet and clank, muffins...)
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    tubadude49;4719126 said:
    i always put the standard stuff, artist, song, "rbn", rock band network, my personal tags, and then a couple of odd ones that are specific to the song. (ie. Bacon, eggs, ratchet and clank, muffins...)

    a song about bacon and eggs!? Me needs!!!!!!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    "If we had some bacon we could have some bacon and eggs."


    ..."If we had any eggs."




    I'M SINGING THEM BLUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEES!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4719181 said:
    a song about bacon and eggs!? Me needs!!!!!!

    Not the primary subject the song, but here


    EDIT:
    And Noble, what you did right there should totally get integrated into one of our Kickstarter reward songs.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    ASPKev;4718770 said:
    Hey ATF, since most studios have a youtube page, why not just make a separate Youtube account that you use to subscribe to everyone's pages? That way, as new videos are released, they'll still hit your inbox and you'll get them as they are without having to search for each individual one.

    Frankly, more often than not, I can just find the videos by "title artist rbn", but there are some companies (I can't list them off the top of my head) that either tag them badly or release them, like, a couple days after, that's just annoying. I'm subscribed to nlarimer, and he's really good about uploading videos. But I'm finding that some weeks, I'm just severely lacking in video links, which kinda defeats the purpose of the site itself.

    Meanwhile, though, I am keeping up with updating. Though, due to college, I'm thinking of switching to updating once a day (like, every day at 9am or something, just adding all the songs that have been released in the last 24 hours). Would a delay like that deter too many people?
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4719103 said:
    On TAG's lack of... tags... I searched for "rock band [song title]" for a few songs and their video was the first result, except for "Time Bomb" where it was second to another song called "Time Bomb".

    That is because the PM5K song is actually called "Time Bomb, Baby" to my knowledge.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    Not according to the band. They signed the contracts, and identified it as just Time Bomb when we asked.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    YT videos of their song have it listed as Time Bomb, Baby, so do Wikipedia, last.fm and allmusic. I would have bought their album by now had I the option and I would bet anything TBB is how it appears.

    Maybe they wanted an interim title change solely for Rock Band????
Sign In or Register to comment.